Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by tzone
Do they have to make everything in camo? I'd love to just have it in brown or OD green, heck even blaze.

Concur. Rare is the occasion that I buy anything in camo anymore.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I bought two new parkas from the Cabelas here in CT a year ago last spring. They both are of high quality, down filled, handwarmer pockets, the whole nine yards. I have had down filled parkas since Eddie Bauer started up.

The prices were very very low. One of them is a burnt red or orange color. Its a very very handsome coat. I would show it off if I were not so lazy.

If you can bird dog the stores at the end of the season you might save.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by NJelksmacker
Blackheart--feel the material on the Gore-Tex coveralls before you make comments about something you know nothing about. They are quite, wind and waterproof!
Gore-Tex itself gets noisy/crinkly in really cold weather and "feeling" the material won't tell you much as to what it'll sound like when pushing through brush.

K
KHH Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I have the MT050 circa 2001 or so I have hunted in some really nasty weather with it. It's wind proof and water proof I have tested both to the extreme's. It's a bit noisy for bow hunting. If you buy it make sure you buy it big enough to have a lot of air space in it that's the secret to warmth in cold weather. If you wash it hang dry it or low heat to dry it. If it's wet and you dry it on high heat it will shrink I found this out the hard way. To "reactivate" if that's even possible , the carbon make sure it's dry before you put it in the high heat. I have hunted many times in sub zero weather sitting all day it's as warm as I have found for that application. Mine is to small for me now and the cold will creep through after 6-8 hours but if you have air space you will sit all day no problem. Lately I have teamed it with a Warmbag to sit all day (11 hrs) in -20 temps. I have looked at the stand hunter clothing I thought it would be quieter not sure about water proof,wind proof or scent control. Hope that helps you . KH

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Straydog,

I have a set of the dry plus like you have..(bibs and parka)
this suit is great for stand hunting, but I find I have to either pack it in, or leave it up in the stand, and layer after I arrive. I've worn it on some really bitter cold windy days and have never been let down by it...You are familiar with it, so if it suited your needs, I would just repurchase what you have already, and save a few dollars, but be sure to get the bibs...they complete the outfit when really blowing hard.
That said, I won't wear them for stillhunting, I prefer wool for that, but for stand hunting they are fine.
johnny

No Farmers---No Food
IC B2

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
134 members (300_savage, 257 mag, 160user, 35, 6mmbrfan, 10Glocks, 14 invisible), 1,814 guests, and 811 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,776
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.