Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Damn, those ringmounts do look good and with the recoil lug on the back ring I'd say they are pretty secure, still not the rock solid design of the mighty Ruger integral system but I think good enough, these ringmounts have me considering Sako rifles again. I never fell out of love with Sako rifles I just couldn't stand their clamp-on too high and heavy Opti-lok system. can you get these in stainless or at least a matte finish? I only buy stainless rifles and bright blue ringmounts wont due...........Hb

I am in a love-hate relationship with Sako.Don't jump on the bandwagon too soon.Considering Beretta's history they will either discontinue or stop importing the ringmounts soon.

I have not seen them in stainless.

They have been made for a few years the ring mounts that is. I have seen them on other peoples guns..one can call beretta and order them directly.

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Damn, those ringmounts do look good and with the recoil lug on the back ring I'd say they are pretty secure, still not the rock solid design of the mighty Ruger integral system but I think good enough, these ringmounts have me considering Sako rifles again. I never fell out of love with Sako rifles I just couldn't stand their clamp-on too high and heavy Opti-lok system. can you get these in stainless or at least a matte finish? I only buy stainless rifles and bright blue ringmounts wont due...........Hb

I can't figure out where you keep coming up with this "too high" business on optilocks and bases. I have that system on a Tikka 695. I have mounted a VX3 w 40mm objective and it isn't more than 1/4" above the barrel. What's too high about that?

I don't think it's an issue unless you want to mount something like a Leupold 1.75-6X32 and want to save a few ounces in the scope and mounts in an already light rifle like a Finnlite.The Ringmounts are better but with the old 2 piece your mounts are nearly as heavy as the scope and you wish a lower mount was offered.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I come to this conclusion from My own experience Raider, I have tried Opti-lok's with low rings on Sako 75 rifles and My 40 mm objective scopes were still way too high for My taste, I couldn't get a good check weld as I would have to raise My head to get a full sight picture in My scope, I also don't like the bulky look or weight of the Opti-lok system (I've got some stainless Opti-lok's still in the factory box that I would sell cheap)I finally settled on Talley rings and bases on all of My Sako 75/85 rifles, the Talley's got My scope down where I liked it and are much lighter and sleeker looking than the Sako system both however are mighty pricey.............Hb

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If the objective bell clears the barrel, I'd not worry about any amount of gap, the measurement at this spot once cleared has no bearing. What is important, however, would be the location of the scope tube center in relation with your line of sight. Using your best form, mount the rifle to make sure a peephole down the center of the tube lines up with your eye. At that point, you'd be golden, as long as the bolt handle clears and you leave the port unobstructed.

For me, my combination lines up at a near perfectly natural, almost instinctive, line of sight. Flip side, someone who prefers to stock crawl to the extreme may find a less pleasing result. Every stock profile doesn't fit everyone equally well. It's a great fit with me, maybe not so with another.

Best smile

�I've never met a genius. A genius to me is someone who does well at something he hates. Anybody can do well at something he loves -- it's just a question of finding the subject.�

- Clint Eastwood
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Very true Gary, what fits one man great might not fit the other man for chit! ..............Hb

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I have a set of the Ringmounts with a Leupold VX3 3.5-10x40 on my Sako m75 Greywolf 338-06 Ackley Improved I had built in 2008-didnt knowthey existed till I picked up my rifle and the gunsmith had installed them. wink

[Linked Image]

Nice and clean. I do have the Optilock low rings and bases setup on all my other Sako m75 and Tikka t3 rifles. All my scopes are Leupold with 40mm OBJ.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Anyone find a good cheaper source for the new ring mounts yet?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

155 members (5sdad, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 907brass, 257_X_50, 26 invisible), 1,913 guests, and 1,004 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,499
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.