Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#6126811 02/03/12
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Just bought one for my 14YO son. We just luved the scaled down 452 action. So trim & light! It should complement his Marlin .22 925.

Who here has one?

Taking my rifle for a walk
GB1

FVA Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have one. Paid $140- off GB which doesn't seem all that long ago but likely is as I have seen they climbed quite a bit in price.
I have /had quite a few variations of the 452's and it is likely the most accurate one as well as giving some of the highest velocities.
Not really a scaled down action. Just a shorter stock/barrel. It can be a bit much for really young kids or younger girls. As such I see it as a second step to the Cricket. A gem none the less.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got one that I bought for ME!

It's a little small, but shure is quick pointing. It fits the Wife just right.

Gonna make a GREAT little "porch gun"

Virgil B.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
That is on my very short list of firearms I'd like to have..

got one of the 25 inch barreled ones...and it is a tack driver, even after 30,000 plus rounds down the barrel... many an Oregon Sage Rat has lost their existence to that rifle..

a neighbor has one, that I think he just loves to taunt me with..

Picatinny rail on top... 1.5 to 4.5 shotgun scope on top, with a laser sight mounted on the bottom...its his nighttime truck gun for shooting pests out on forest service land or in the neighborhood here...such as raccoons in the garbage cans..

My other firearm I kick myself for not picking up is the Ruger 77/17 in 17 Mack 2....would love one of those.. but the folks who own one, aren't selling them.. and if they do, they want double what they paid for them...

Last edited by Seafire; 02/03/12.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by vbshootinrange
I've got one that I bought for ME!

Gonna make a GREAT little "porch gun"

Virgil B.

hehehe nice wink

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Seafire
That is on my very short list of firearms I'd like to have..

got one of the 25 inch barreled ones...and it is a tack driver, even after 30,000 plus rounds down the barrel... many an Oregon Sage Rat has lost their existence to that rifle..

a neighbor has one, that I think he just loves to taunt me with..

Picatinny rail on top... 1.5 to 4.5 shotgun scope on top, with a laser sight mounted on the bottom...its his nighttime truck gun for shooting pests out on forest service land or in the neighborhood here...such as raccoons in the garbage cans..

My other firearm I kick myself for not picking up is the Ruger 77/17 in 17 Mack 2....would love one of those.. but the folks who own one, aren't selling them.. and if they do, they want double what they paid for them...

Sweet.

They all seem to shoot. Outstanding rifles!!!

My son has been eyeballing my Brno Model 2(1969 micro-groove barrel type) for a while now eek , so it had sense to get him this own..... hehehe grin

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FVA
I have one. Paid $140- off GB which doesn't seem all that long ago but likely is as I have seen they climbed quite a bit in price.
I have /had quite a few variations of the 452's and it is likely the most accurate one as well as giving some of the highest velocities.
Not really a scaled down action. Just a shorter stock/barrel. It can be a bit much for really young kids or younger girls. As such I see it as a second step to the Cricket. A gem none the less.

Outstanding.

These rifles have got to be one of the most underrated rifles getting around. Classy little gems!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Update on my CZ Scout;

Dropped it off at the 'smith to have a 1" rubber pad installed and a trigger job. Longer LOP will work even better for me.

Can't WAIT to get it back! (grin)

Forgot to add; I put a 4X Leupold rimfire scope on mine.

Virgil B.

Last edited by vbshootinrange; 02/04/12.
R
RJM Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Mini Sniper.... 10 power Weaver K10, Cabela's leather cheek rest and a slipon recoil pad.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

100 yards...Federal Bulk from Walmart. The one at 3:00 o'clock doesn't count as I was walking the group onto the target...

[Linked Image]

Bob

If you can not deal with reality, reality will deal with you....
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have looked at the CZ Scout many times wanting to buy one. I just never got past the handling stage. I also like the way they point for a handy little woods rifle. I got a Henry Mare's Leg which is even smaller... techically a handgun, but certainly an interesting field gun.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1lessdog, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 64 invisible), 2,826 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,341
Posts18,468,725
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.