Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kenneth
swampy getting his ass handed to him again, nothing new....

You've got to be joking....These guys don't know $hit from Shinola.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Swampman1
Originally Posted by Kenneth
swampy getting his ass handed to him again, nothing new....

You've got to be joking....These guys don't know $hit from Shinola.

You Sir, are the most delusion [bleep] I have ever seen post here.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just don't let personal bias keep me away from good inexpensive firearms. I appreciate expensive guns, but they have to perform. I wanted an American made rifle but all of the local BPCR shooters said don't waste your money. I even tried shooting them side by side. Being a name dropper is cool but twice the money for a so so shooter isn't within my budget.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I just don't let personal bias keep me away from good inexpensive firearms. I appreciate expensive guns, but they have to perform. I wanted an American made rifle but all of the local BPCR shooters said don't waste your money. I even tried shooting them side by side. Being a name dropper is cool but twice the money for a so so shooter isn't within my budget.

Well, whoever the "local BPCR shooters" you talked to were full of schit and obviously speaking from the same level of financial and intellectual poverty you speak from..The blind leading the blind.

Pedersolis and other imported guns shoot just fine(most of the time) but anyone who has actually owned samples of those rifles will tell you that a Pedersoli is not as well built or finely finished as a Shiloh or C. Sharps. Only a blind man would make that claim. And I have never heard of any Shiloh or C Sharps who made the claim that their rifles did not shoot extremely well when simply fed decent ammo and aimed correctly.

Last edited by jim62; 02/11/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Accuracy was my primary concern. I would have paid $2000.00 for a Shiloh if they were more accurate.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jim62
[Swampy- you are an idiot.

An understatement to be sure. Ever see him wearing that goofy hat? Man I wish I would have kept the picture when he posted it. What an idiot.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
My first reproduction Sharps was a Pedersoli that I ordered from Cabela's when they first stocked them. now I have 6 Shiloh's and one being build. There has to be a reason.
I don't know what the imports selling for now and I don't care. I learn fast what not to get again. The hammer on the import started to look like the head of a chisel after getting beat on with a hammer. The main spring broke in a short time. The tang sight flopped back and forth, Tried to tighten it up and it held for two range sessions well It's laying in the weeds. Went to using the ladder sight and the slide would not hold in position. The lever started to grind down on the lever spring to the point that it was uneven on the spring face.
I called Pedersoli in Italy and talked to a very polite lady to get a credit for the expense of replacement parts and all I got was "i'm sorry to hear about your problem with the rifle"

I always say first time it/s your fault second time it's my fault.

A Shiloh might cost a little more, cant say this for sure, but the quality and customer service and the lifetime warranty is second to none.

Kurt

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Accuracy was my primary concern. I would have paid $2000.00 for a Shiloh if they were more accurate.

How many National BPCR Silhouttte championships have been won with Pedersolis '74 rifles?

Answer -NONE.

Shiloh 1874s have won at least 5. All of them with factory barrels.

Every Shiloh rifle I have owned could shoot MOA or less 3 shot groups with shaded iron sights at 100 yards from the bench. Smokeless or BP loads. The Pedersolis I have owned were no more accurate than that.

The only way a Shiloh rifle would be inaccruate is if some dumbass like you was shooting it.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've shot some Shilohs and Pedersolis side by side. I bought a Pedersoli.

I never said or implied that I had any experience.

So you have experience or no?

If not why are you giving advice on this subject?

I've said it before, you remind me of a prize-fighter who keeps blocking punches with his face, you take a beating everyday, but never learn anything...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Pedersolis I have owned were no more accurate than that.

And that's whole point dip $hit. For twice the money and a one year wait the Shiloh should be quite a bit more accurate.

None of those winning Shilohs were even remotely stock OEM rifles. We all know and accept that.

I like the Shiloh and if I had disposeable income I might buy one. As it is I feel very comfortable with some of the inexpensive rifles. They are very attractive and accurate. You know I'm right no matter what you say. I know I'm right too. If want to advise folks to waste their money, that's up to you. If I were looking to invest just for resale and not looking for a shooter the Shiloh would be my 1st choice. I have no concern that you fellows think you are winning these exchanges because you haven't yet.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The Pedersolis I have owned were no more accurate than that.

And that's whole point dip $hit. For twice the money and a one year wait the Shiloh should be quite a bit more accurate.

None of those winning Shilohs were even remotely stock OEM rifles. We all know and accept that.

Swampturd,

YOU are the only "dipschit" here.

As long as a no talent dumbazz like you is not shooting them- A Shiloh is as inherently accurate as any other 2k Rifle.

Your comment about the Shilohs that have won National championships not being stock is an utter LIE and truly shows how little you know about BPCR shooting or Shiloh rifles. Which makes sense because your dumb hillbilly azz has never even BEEN to a BPCR Nationals.

Most if not all of those Championship winning Shilohs had all their factory parts. You see VERY few rebarreled Shilohs on a BPCR line and when you do its simply because the owner wanted a caliber change,certainly not because the origional tube did not shoot.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Our own Sharpsguy shoots Nationals and his rifles are all standard from Shiloh.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Our own Sharpsguy shoots Nationals and his rifles are all standard from Shiloh.

So were both the Shilohs I have used at the BPCR nats..And my factory Shiloh barrels outshot a whole lot of custom barreled rifles. Box stock Shilohs do it every year. No need at all for a custom tube if you own a Shiloh and can load ammo and shoot well. Which pretty much rules out Swampturd. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y'all can keep blowin' smoke as long as you want to. We all know that I'm right.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The [bleep] is your problem ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Y'all can keep blowin' smoke as long as you want to. We all know that I'm right.

No, as noted, you're a delusional mouthy IDIOT.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BrentD
77s are not 75s. Not even close. The original 75 and the CSA 75 are quite different.

This is a 75
[Linked Image]

I posted a photo of my 77 earlier.

Brent,

We werecarving Sharps Actions outta' BILLET up in B.C. in the 1970s.

I handled and SHOT the prototype C.Sharps '75 with my friend Schofstal (World Creedmoor 2002) before they went into production. I've also gotten to handle and drool on some beautiful Axtel 77s', and enjoy the smiles of the Fair Carmen Axtel.

Thanks for the Historical advice, and the basics briefing.....I kinda' thought we were on the same page,...

You pretty much assume that you're an oracle of some sort, and nobody else ever played with these damn things, I guess.

GTC

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

who's "WE" ?

GTC

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

No, as noted, you're a delusional mouthy IDIOT.

GTC

+1,000

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
These "Re-enactors" are by and large that way, they've READ everything they know,....about every damn thing they mouth off about.

Shooting experience,....as in CASES of powder, and THOUSANDS of high quality home cast bullets from QUALITY Molds, outta' QUALITY Rifles ?

....er, not so much.

GTC

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

615 members (222Sako, 222ND, 10Glocks, 1_deuce, 1234, 240NMC, 72 invisible), 2,647 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,669
Posts18,455,977
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.