Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

These rifles carry so well as the magazine is not nearly as wide as an old M70.

They are a full mauser design and a small ring at that.

Just have a smith install a three position safety like the M70's have by say Dakota and you have a sweet rifle.

This is just a thought. Something to get you through the winter. cool

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
GB1

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Don,

You are funny! frown In 30+ years of doing gun shows, I have never even SEEN one. The only thing I've seen is pics.... frown I've handled dozens of Pre'64 M-70's, and even owned a couple. (Don't own any now, and don't really miss them...)

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well then.

What do you know? ------------------------

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I own and hunt with a 22F. Killed my largest whitetail with it. They are a pure delight to use.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wish I had one, my somewhat similar CZ is getting a wood or stock 'diet' / massive quick weight and diameter loss plan worked out as we speak and type. Will look a LOT more like an early BRNO or better yet a 100 year old John R. rigby and Co. When all done up. It already has the three position wing safety upgrade, mine done by Ed LaPour.

a 22F in 275 Rigby would be a joy and delight to own and use. Would make a sa weet one two combo to take along with my 416 Rigby on a two gun Safari someday, as well. Style points count, in my world.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
s'man, my son loves my 22F (a 7X57) so much, that I had to buy him a CZ 550F to keep him away from it. The CZ is a viable alternative, but is, as you have found out, a little on the plump side. I'd love to know how you are going about putting yours on a diet. Pics would be fantastic!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pisc will be up as soon as Karnis is done with it. I am so pumped about this rifle and upgrade..... It is one of the things that keeps my feet to the fire with my heart and other re-hab. I REALLY want to go back to Africa and Alaska at least one more time each with this newly refined rifle in hand, and my lovely wonderful wife of now 4 years by my side. First things first, though as I am not to even think about a job for another three months to come. Just watching the Super Bowl yesterday required me to take a Nitro pill.... sigh......

How about pics of your 22F and CZ550F? I think those 550F's are mega cool.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Shot a doe antelope with my 22 7x57 a few years back. Great guns. They were a true lightweight mountain rifle before that was cool.

ddj

Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. - Henry David Thoreau

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back. - Robert Ruark
A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
My previous 22 and my two ZG:s.

Attached Images
zg47 022.JPG (89.52 KB, 1919 downloads)
zg47 053.JPG (86.48 KB, 1897 downloads)
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Savage_99
[Linked Image]

Damn, was that your table at Albany? I should have introduced myself as a fellow campfirenut. Those are some great guns!

"...One Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for All"

JeffG
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Here you go, s'man....

Here are three of my Brno:

[[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here is the only one of the CZ 550F I have taken. BTW, it is a 6.5X55. I gave it to Nate for Christmas last year and he had to get a pic to put on his Facebook page. He already has dibs on my Brno when I kick the bucket and now I have to watch him real close all the time.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That Brno 22 was awsome. A hunters stalking rifle if ever I saw one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hook, Same thing, those are UBER cool! thnks for posting the pics! I will post mine when it is done.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have had several Brno 21/22 series rifles, have three now plus two minty salvaged actions, fitted with original ZG bottom metal.....HARD to find. So, when these are re-built into rifles, I shall have five, most re-chambered to .280 Rem. and fitted with Wisner and Lapour safeties, Timney triggers and in various highend synthetic stocks.

I have a very choice original 21H in 7x57, with pretty timber, unusual in Brnos of this vintage and a stonemint ZG47 "shorty" a REAL rarity, with polished blue receiver also in 7x57, both with Leupies, but, I don't actually hunt these.

I have a 96% original finish pair of ZG-47 rifles in .30-06 and a polished blue receiver ZG original in 9.3x62, this is in a Micky Edge, with a Zeiss 4xConquest and done at Martini Gunmakers, it shoots superbly well with warmish loads of "Big Game" under the 286 NP and Hornady. Thism cost me a few coins, but, it is just an awesome rifle and one I shall never sell.

So, I have 10 of these all told and am done with finding them, missed another nice 22H-7x57 just before Christmas and then decided that I have enough. I am thinking yet another pair of .280s in the two 21 actions and maybe a 9,3x64 on the ZG action, all in Mickys, the MKX style.

I do have one CZ-550, it is being customized with a Micky AHR stock, AHR trigger and Lapour safety at present and will have a Martini banded ramp front and my Recknagel rear ghost sight. When, tuned by a good smith, the 550s are a pretty decent piece and it is also a 9.3x62, a round I am increasingly fond of.

I have had a whack of Mod. 70s, still have a dozen P-64s and two custom Classic sts. rifles and Winchester never made a bolt rifle equal to these old Brnos, IMHO.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've got a couple 21H's. One 22" (100% original) and one 24" (semi-custom.)

Nice rifles.

Terry

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Here is a nice full stocked 22F that looks quite original.

At $1200 it's only money! These are really nice guns you don't find around.

Brno 22F

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Here is a nice full stocked 22F that looks quite original.

At $1200 it's only money! These are really nice guns you don't find around.

Brno 22F

That rifle is a far cry from original. The bolt handle has been cut and rewelded, the stock has been cut for the altered bolt handle and the receiver has holes drilled in the top of it.

Terry

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
A recent acquisition although not original either.Its a 21h with Pacnor barrel in 257 Roberts. It does feel great in hand, and hope to tip over some deer with it. Need some 1" scope rings for it.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Yum, I like that and, btw, the longer tubed Brnos are "22H" or the very rare and truely gorgeous "22F" models with the 23.6" barrels and full "stutzen" stocks, I crave one of these and have only seen three in my 47 years of fascination with these rifles.

I gotta have a banded ramp front on mine, just looks "right" to me and I change any "modded" butterknife bolt handles to a round ball type. This means a lower scope mount and I like that, given the drop at comb in these stocks.

I use Talley QD rings on mine and a 3-pos safety that locks the bolt closed, but, I am going to buy some triggers and rings from Alaska Arms and these look real good. I also change the DST, which I totally hate to a single, the Dayton-Traister fits in the original stock mortises well and one merely opens a little slot in the center of the thin cut in the bottom metal and you are hot to trot, done this a number of times.

That little .257 would find a "loving home" in one of my safes and it would never leave until they pack me out "horizontal".

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (44mc, 7887mm08, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 783 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,570
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.