24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I just hate to see you girls lead someone astray because you're connected with the company that makes the products you push. We have enough of that here on the CVA forum. Just tell the truth and let the newbies decided for themselves. That's what I do.....A well made rifle is cool but it must shoot really well to be worth all that extra cash and the wait. Don't let the dollar signs cloud your judgement. More expensive doesn't always mean better.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Swampman1
I just hate to see you girls lead someone astray because you're connected with the company that makes the products you push. We have enough of that here on the CVA forum. Just tell the truth and let the newbies decided for themselves. That's what I do.....A well made rifle is cool but it must shoot really well to be worth all that extra cash and the wait. Don't let the dollar signs cloud your judgement. More expensive doesn't always mean better.

Swampschit.

Nobody here has any "connection" with Shiloh or any other rifle company except that UNLIKE YOU , most posters on this thread have actually owned and shot them.I can tell you've never even held a Shiloh rifle in your hands due to the BS you spew about them.

Your total BPCR poser status has already been exposed on this thread dated two months ago-

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/5901571/Info_For_Sharps#Post5901571

Last edited by jim62; 02/12/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Nothing there indicates my BPCR "status" because I have none (want none) nor did I imply that I did. I shoot all kinds of rifles and frequently. A BPCR is just another rifle. I've shot several Shilohs and handled a bunch more. I wish they were more accurate than the cheaper rifles.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nothing there indicates my BPCR "status"

I do agree with that statement . . . AND it shows . . . a LOT.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Nothing there indicates my BPCR "status" because I have none (want none) nor did I imply that I did. I shoot all kinds of rifles and frequently. A BPCR is just another rifle. I've shot several Shilohs and handled a bunch more. I wish they were more accurate than the cheaper rifles.

I wish your posts had a shred of truth in them.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I haven't posted anything but the truth. I'm not trying to make money off the newbies.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I haven't posted anything but the truth. I'm not trying to make money off the newbies.

Another delusional lie from you.

Nobody here is making one thin dime refuting your horseschit.

To all gunmaker critics-
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Kurt71
I know Carmen Axtel I shot along side her several times and talked to her, she is a very pleasant likable Lady. But Brent is right about the 77. I have a friend that has one and it has been a thorn in his side since he got it and the company never stood behind it to make it right.

I have also shot along side her a couple of times and thought she was a good shot as well as interesting to talk to. The 77's were allways a problem and Brent was told that when he wanted rubberstamp approval of buying his on the Shiloh forum. Fair is fair Carmen's ok, 77's suck and Brent is still a wolf hugger as well as other less complimentary things. Magnum Man

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
The 77's were allways a problem and Brent was told that when he wanted rubberstamp approval of buying his on the Shiloh forum.

You can't find that post on Shiloh now can you?

Why the lie?

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

They are friendly with the company and help push their gear. That can't hurt when you need something expensive.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J

They are friendly with the company and help push their gear. That can't hurt when you need something expensive.

No, but what can hurt is when some new guy takes the advice of a clueless troll such as yourself..

Nobody here is "pushing" anything, just refuting the outright lies you tell about the quality rifles you cannot begin to afford.

Sawmpturd, you are a liar and an idiot.

Last edited by jim62; 02/12/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The last poster was to kind,....

You're a TOXIC idiot, and would corrupt the smell of everyday sh$t.

Minute of angle ?

With that Carbine ?

Oh, I got it,.....one rageed hole at 11 feet.

Bugger off Swampy, ....just bugger the [bleep] off.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BrentD
The 77's were allways a problem and Brent was told that when he wanted rubberstamp approval of buying his on the Shiloh forum.

You can't find that post on Shiloh now can you?
You can't find a whole lot of posts prior to May 16, 2011 anymore since they upgraded their websight and dumped alot of their archives.

Why the lie?
No lie at all, several people told you 77 Axtells had issues and did not allways get fixed to correct the problem. But you bought it anyway because like all liberals you only listen to your self and can't ever admit to making a mistake. Magnum Man

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I finally realized trying to counter the swampster's lies and exaggerations with reality just wasn't doing any good at all. Kinda like teachin' a pig to sing, ya just get frustrated and the pig enjoys it . . . and put him back on ignore. Couldn't stand reading his crap anymore.

I would suggest that for all . . .

NRA Endowment Member
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
No lie at all, several people told you 77 Axtells had issues and did not allways get fixed to correct the problem. But you bought it anyway because like all liberals you only listen to your self and can't ever admit to making a mistake. Magnum Man

Typical typical. Anonymous dipshit coward can't back up his words as usual.

I just searched my own posts and they go all the way back to 2004. I bought the rifle in about 2009. So, pony up - if you can. Of course that is impossible.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Otter
I finally realized trying to counter the swampster's lies and exaggerations with reality just wasn't doing any good at all. Kinda like teachin' a pig to sing, ya just get frustrated and the pig enjoys it . . . and put him back on ignore. Couldn't stand reading his crap anymore.

I would suggest that for all . . .

Yeah, about the same for Magnum Man. He just makes up lies like Swampy. Maybe he IS Swampy

E
E Blair Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
E
Wow, I am not sure what I started here! I had been looking at the C. Sharps and the Shiloh Sharps sights and was thinking of getting a cartridge rifle to shoot at the range and maybe do some hunting with. There was a C. Sharps '74 in a local gun shop and that is about the only one I've seen, so maybe I need to get out to Big Timber and take a look at the rifles. Or get out to a BPCR shoot. Any big ones coming up on the east coast?

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Eblair, Ridgeway in Pennsylvania, River Bend in Georgia, Camp Atterbury in Ohio, Friendship In, and the occasional creedmoor match at Quantico.

hehe nice to see the professor getting a failing grade on his guesstimate of who magnum man is....

the most expensive bullet there is isn't worth a plug nickel if it don't go where its supposed to.
www.historicshooting.com
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E Blair - You didn't start anything. You asked some questions and some of us tried to give realistic and truthful responses, based on our experiences, as well as try to point you down the right path. But you are an intelligent grownup and are, hopefully grin, able to weigh everything said and make up your own mind. There are none if us here, that I am aware of anyhow, who are set to gain anything of monetary value by preferring one manufacturer of BPCR rifles over another, as one stoner has suggested. As with most things in life, there is personal preference . . . and that is all. It is true, you can buy a Pedersoli for less money than a Shiloh Sharps or C Sharps, BUT, the latter two will keep or increase their value over time and, in all probability, a Pedersoli will not - and with the prices of the Pedersolis at this time, the difference is much less than in the past. I am making that comparison based on NEW rifles, not the occassional discounted used carbine some are. I bought a new Shiloh ten years ago, I bought another last fall - the price difference was about $400 between the two. The latest one has semi-fancy wood, the first one doesn't.

Anyway, E Blair, stick around and keep asking questions. We will all try to assist in any way we can. It will, however, be up to you to sift the pepper from the flyschitt.

NRA Endowment Member
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
EBlair,
I just got a note of a rebarreled .40-65 '74 Sharps. The barrel is a Badger put on by John King, so it is likely a very good shooter. Being an early Shiloh, it might be a bit more affordable (no price was given). Shoot me an PM if you want more details, I doubt it will last long.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
755 members (10ring1, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 75 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,716
Posts18,400,390
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.