Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"I do think they are generally more accurate rifles"

"Think",...that's the operative word in your little thesis.

Lots of us here KNOW , and have formulated ours on longer, and WAY broader experience bases.

The later Pedersoli barrels MARKEDLY improved over the earlier quality,....as did their reamer designs, but than again, so did the REST of the industry, in the same time period.

The SQUAREST Sharps '74 I've ever worked on (and I've worked on "A Few") is a Shilo, and the general evidence of "The Builder gave a Rat's azz" is clearly and unquestionably weighted to the American built arms.

To say that the stock Pedersoli is "Generally more accurate" is horsechit, Mister, and their product support SUCKS.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That's fine, I'm not willing to let the fact that Shiloh makes an attractive, expensive, and hard to get rifle plus personal bias cloud my judgement. I just wanted best accuracy.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
"When you find yourself in a hole, the first step is to stop digging"

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last time I checked the entry level Shilohs came with plain wood and matte finished metal. Has that changed?

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
plain wood and action is case colored finish.

It's not that Liberals are unwilling to listen to another point of view, they are just simply amazed that another one exists.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It seems like you have to get above $2000.00 to get nicely blued metal.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Ranch13
Brent I'ld about guess that CSA would build you one that looked just like that one, about all you need do is place the order and write the check...

No, I don't think they could. Their 75 is quite different I believe.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Gulf Breeze Firearms has quite a few of the Dakota Sharps rifles and they seem nice.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Swampman1
Gulf Breeze Firearms has quite a few of the Dakota Sharps rifles and they seem nice.

They are not a full sized rifle.

They are also overpriced at 4K+++++++.

Swampy- you are an idiot.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It seems like you have to get above $2000.00 to get nicely blued metal.

Bullschit.

Every rifle discussed here has nicely blued metal for under 2k.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Really the website says matte finished on the afforadable Shilohs.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jim62

Did you have a point? They are a full sized rifle, they just are a full scale 1874 Sharps replica like the Shiloh.

To get a nicely finished Shiloh it's easy to spend 4K.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
. . . I'm not willing to let the fact that Shiloh makes an attractive, expensive, and hard to get rifle plus personal bias cloud my judgement. I just wanted best accuracy.

. . . To get a nicely finished Shiloh it's easy to spend 4K.

That is BS and you know it Swampy. The last one I got from Shiloh is a gorgeous #3 Sporter, semi-fancy wood, 30" heavy bbl in 45-90. Placed my order on a Friday and had it in hand the following Thursday. They had one in stock that fit what I wanted - couldn't have custom ordered one any closer to what I wanted, although I woudn't have ordered the semi-fancy stock. Didn't cost anywhere near $4k either. The "personal bias" is the key in your sentence (actually more like "personal opinion"). If you don't want to get a Shiloh . . . that's fine, but everybody is entitled to do make their own choices, right or wrong.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
One thing for sure and certain. You don't see anyone selling their Shiloh so they can buy a Pedersoli. On the other hand."
--Sharpsguy

Now that is d*mn true and funny too!....

The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
You don't see anyone selling their Shiloh so they can buy a Pedersoli.

Good point. That one sure rings true.

1Minute
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by jim62

Did you have a point? They are a full sized rifle, they just are a full scale 1874 Sharps replica like the Shiloh.

To get a nicely finished Shiloh it's easy to spend 4K.

My point is that early everything you have posted on this entire thread is utter bullschit.

The Dakota Arms Sharps are NOT full sized Sharps rifles.
They are 3/4 sized "LIL" Sharps.

A standard model Shiloh 1874 with standard finish and wood IS nicely finished and blued at less than 2K. I have owned several and just put in an order for another one.

It's as nicely finished as any standard Dakota Arms model 10 at over 4K. Only a clueless jackass like yourself who's never actually held any of them would even argue to point.

Given your penchant for plastic stocked Walmart Remington bolt guns, you would not know a nicely finished rifle if it hit you up side the head.

Last edited by jim62; 02/10/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
swampy getting his ass handed to him again, nothing new....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by Ranch13
Brent I'ld about guess that CSA would build you one that looked just like that one, about all you need do is place the order and write the check...

No, I don't think they could. Their 75 is quite different I believe.

C Sharps has been building top line 77s for YEARS now.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
77s are not 75s. Not even close. The original 75 and the CSA 75 are quite different.

This is a 75
[Linked Image]

I posted a photo of my 77 earlier.

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
E Blair the OP, asked for advice to buy a C Sharps High Wall reproduction or to get a Browning reproduction High Wall.Don't see where he made any inquiry about Shiloh at all.He wants a High Wall reproduction ,not a 74,75,or 77 Sharps copy. Std Shiloh blue is dull if you want a mirror blue you order the polished barrel @ $132 extra. C.Sharps also offers extras and options at extra cost. Pedersoli makes a reproduction that sorta looks like a 74 Sharps ,no extras,no options and costs alot for what you get. My 2 cts worth Magnum Man

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 53 invisible), 2,657 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,565
Posts18,453,772
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.