24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you're looking for an investment, the Shilohs are great for that. If you are a shooter, one is as good as the other based on actual experience, and the experience of 20-30 local BPCR shooters. I'm not sellin' nothin.

"If what I say offends you, you should hear what I don't say."
BP-B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Swampman1
If you're looking for an investment, the Shilohs are great for that. If you are a shooter, one is as good as the other based on actual experience, and the experience of 20-30 local BPCR shooters. I'm not sellin' nothin.

Sure, you are selling something..

Your own special brand of BULLSCHIT.

Last edited by jim62; 02/13/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BrentD
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
No lie at all, several people told you 77 Axtells had issues and did not allways get fixed to correct the problem. But you bought it anyway because like all liberals you only listen to your self and can't ever admit to making a mistake. Magnum Man

Typical typical. Anonymous dipshit coward can't back up his words as usual.

I just searched my own posts and they go all the way back to 2004. I bought the rifle in about 2009. So, pony up - if you can. Of course that is impossible.

As usual Brent you can't confront the TRUTH without resorting to screaming and shouting obscenities or accusing someone of lying. Like all liberals you feel right about everything and aren't guilty of anything until caught and convicted. The problem is you have little to no credability. Just like the wolf issue you don't have them for neighbors and they are not eating your livestock or ruining your livelyhood.You just think they are needed because you want them and everybody else doesn't count. You are so used to being able to abuse your position as a Prof at IA st by shoving everything down students throats that are worried about passing your class ,you think you can do that to everyone. Trouble is I am all done at school and don't let people like you bother me anymore. If anything its kinda fun watching you come off like an imbecile.No cussing or jumping up and down,just this from the Shiloh forum by klw on the 77 Axtell Sharps

"Had one. Absolutely beautiful gun. BUT it broke every single time I shot it. Returned it four times.

After the third return I called rather upset. The owner, a man, told me that if I wanted a gun that was reliable that I shouldn't have bought one of his. His were identical to the originals and the originals have problems. I have no idea if that is true or not but I am positive that that is what he said.

Sold it. Told the buyer this story. He was buying his fourth. Loved Axtel guns. But he also said that they broke a lot. VERY FREQUENTLY!

So they break a lot. Doesn't seem to bother the owners but it sure pi@@ed me off. And the company owner could not have cared less. I believe that he is no longer with the firm. In a divorce his wife got the company.

This story was, within my experience, not unique.

Buy a Shiloh or a Pedersoli but not an Axtel!"

Choke on it Brent, magnum Man

"Well, klw, be that as it may, I'm going to take the plunge anyway. Always wanted a 77."

Brent

Last edited by Magnum_Man; 02/13/12.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
For those who need a link http://www.shilohrifle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9264

Magnum Man

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Buy a Shiloh or a Pedersoli

Good advise......

IC B2

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Swampy, if you're going to quote someone get it right and don't modify it to suit your needs. klw said that not me. Also keep in mind that I have 3 Shilohs and no Pedersolis because the BEST is allways worth saving for and so I did. Magnum Man

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I suppose it all depends on how you define BEST.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
STFU and go shoot a ten shot "MOA" string with that silly little Sharps actioned torture device,....and get back to us.

BPCR,..,...that last letter (the R)?

WTF did you get the idea that this was a BPCC site ?

"MOA",....Jesus wept.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Have you been drinking again? My carbine is just one of my BPCRs.

You need Midol...It will help your sore vagina.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Magnum_Man
For those who need a link http://www.shilohrifle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9264

Magnum Man

See, I knew you could do it.

But notice there is exactly one person who complained about Axtells. And that was that they broke - not that they were made to be inaccurate. Not exactly a stampede of negativity is it?

Anyway, come to Phoenix next month and speak up a like a man instead hiding behind your anonymity.

Maybe Swampy will come and show us how it is all done, and GTC will be there shooting MOA all day long wink

Save an elk, shoot a cow.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
HEPBURNS RULE!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by nathanial
HEPBURNS RULE!

grin grin

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by nathanial
HEPBURNS RULE!

It's funny that you mention that considering your avitar.

Due to the severe drop in the buttstocks, the only way a Hepburn or a Roller is comfortable to shoot is if you have a face shaped like a Mule.. wink

To all gunmaker critics-
"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.."- Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have heard owners do resemble their critters or maybe their single shots to. Mules and Hepburns are amongst the handsomest critters and rifles. Thanks for the compliment!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
guess there are a lot of mules in the game then. Ulsher, Gullo, Rix, Zimmerman (of course - he makes them) and many more. Lots of Heps are on the firing line these days, and growing every year I think.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by BrentD
guess there are a lot of mules in the game then. Ulsher, Gullo, Rix, Zimmerman (of course - he makes them) and many more. Lots of Heps are on the firing line these days, and growing every year I think.

A very small sample. And not very good examples, either.

I know all those men pretty well. Most likely shot matches with them WAY before you did.

Gullo and Rix are good guys and I know for a fact Gullo would much rather shoot a Borchardts than Heburns or Rollers in terms of shooting comfort..

Zimmerman sells Heburns and by the way he shoots them most of the time, he's hardly an example of their effectiveness.Even he would admit that..

Buthc Ulsher actually IS an Ass, which is even you know is different than a Mule. Ulsher is one of the few folks in the world that I WOULD wish pain on when shooting BPCR.

He deserves to shoot a Hepburn.

Last edited by jim62; 02/14/12.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I re-Barreled one of D.Z's Hepburns for Chip Mate, #13, IIRC....Called Dan about an extractor blank, he was really helpful, and we spun a few yarns, in the process of getting the blank happening. Met him at the Rat some years later, at a regionals,....nice guy.

The quality evident in that rifle, and everything of DZ manufacture I've seen since is just flat SUPERB, with exemplary care and attention to finishing internally, in places that seldom see daylight.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
I re-Barreled one of D.Z's Hepburns for Chip Mate, #13, IIRC....Called Dan about an extractor blank, he was really helpful, and we spun a few yarns, in the process of getting the blank happening. Met him at the Rat some years later, at a regionals,....nice guy.

The quality evident in that rifle, and everything of DZ manufacture I've seen since is just flat SUPERB, with exemplary care and attention to finishing internally, in places that seldom see daylight.

GTC

Dan Z is a damn good machinist/craftsman.

Amoung the very best in BPCR.

To all gunmaker critics-
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Guys, seriously, would you consider ANYTHING recommended by this goofball? Swampturd and his little gay hat:

[Linked Image]

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jim62
Dan Z is a damn good machinist/craftsman.

Amoung the very best in BPCR.

Yup, he also turns out a lot of good parts for Winchesters along with an extend range version of Unertl mounts that work for most folks but not for me. And he shoots Hepburns with the best of them, plus he is a nice guy.

There are growing numbers of Heps at the matches.

Ulsher is a good guy - you just have to know where he's coming from.

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
732 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 76 invisible), 2,718 guests, and 1,357 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,623
Posts18,398,611
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.