Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Some folks are best put on ignore as arguing with a fool,only brings one down to wondering who the fool really is.

I apologize to the other folks who are contributing to this thread.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Greetings auctioneer, I don't think most of us would think that the stirrups or saddle influences whether one rides correctly but it certainly influences whether one rides comfortably.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks for the greetings, I agree with flat stirrups being more comfortable. I hope I didn't come off wrong and I really hope saddlesore didn't mean he was putting me on ignore. Apologies if I offended anyone as it was not my intent.

I also really like those deep seated cutting saddles that everyone is making now, or a good wade tree. It sure makes for a better day in the saddle.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by cattle_auctioneer
Thanks for the greetings, I agree with flat stirrups being more comfortable. I hope I didn't come off wrong and I really hope saddlesore didn't mean he was putting me on ignore. Apologies if I offended anyone as it was not my intent.

I also really like those deep seated cutting saddles that everyone is making now, or a good wade tree. It sure makes for a better day in the saddle.

I don't believe it was directed at you.

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Cattle Auctioneer, My post was definitely not meant for you. Welcome to the forum. We generally try to keep it civil here as opposed to other threads on other forums,but this got out of hand a little. Seems someone new got here and felt he needed to do some name calling.

I am presently trying to modify my STI Breakaway Stirrups by adding wedge on the tread at 15 degrees.

I put a rubber pad on top of the wedge,imbedded into the wood,which is maple.
I attached them with duct tape to see if it would work and took a short loop around the pasture today,the snow was fairly deep,but it felt pretty good.I might just glue the wedges in for awhile.

Last edited by saddlesore; 02/19/12.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Vince-
I hope you are taking pics and will report back.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by RichardAustin
Originally Posted by saddlesore
As an aside comment, we who vist this particular forum try to keep our threads civil. If one can't do that I suggest he go elsewhere.

Our family, myself included have enough ribbons, cups and checks in our history to back up our claims. These include about every show class there is in arenas and hundreds, if not thousands of miles pulling pack strings. I don''t live vicariously thru someone else.The mules I have rasied and trained are use all over CO and a few other states.Some have been in the Al Kaly mule train of the Shriners based here in Colorado Springs

I might not do everything the very best way,but I have done it enough to known what works and what does not.

A person is not going to be jumping over big logs, packing an elk out of some hell hole,or riding down steep grades ,etc by just sitting in the saddle using his seat.

I didn't think you'd beat to mentioning your family rasied a jackass, but sure enough you came right out with it. Tell your mother she has my sympathy. I guess lookin at life thru the eyes of a jackass suits your poor simple self since you arn't capable of distinguishing between admiration for someone who made a big contribution or to live vicariously thru someone. I can count among the horses I've rode two World Champions. Is that ribbon big enough for you? The fact that you haven't figured out how to ride off your seat doesn't bother me, i could care less how big of fool you are. But if i offer the same advice people payed me money to get for free and have to listen to your noise and nancyboy oh don't say anything back to me, well, i don't mind telling what a fool you are. Anyway, i'd think you'd be use to it by now.

Maroon

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Cattle Auctioneer, My post was definitely not meant for you. Welcome to the forum. We generally try to keep it civil here as opposed to other threads on other forums,but this got out of hand a little. Seems someone new got here and felt he needed to do some name calling.

I am presently trying to modify my STI Breakaway Stirrups by adding wedge on the tread at 15 degrees.

I attached them with duct tape to see if it would work and took a short loop around the pasture today,the snow was fairly deep,but it felt pretty good.I might just glue the wedges in for awhile.

I for one am interested in your experiment. I think I know the problem you are trying to solve.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
SS, you're doing basically what my friend Charley does to get an effect similar to a Crooked Stirrup.
Glad to have you on board, auctioneer. In the case any bull comes through the ring we might need your services.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Afraid I'm going to have to point out a problem with that. I did not talk crap and then go back and try to hide it. It speaks of you character that you make comments, get a direct response to them, and then pretend to act as if they didn't exisit. I suspect that behavior is so imbedded in you - you think it goes without notice. I guess playing the rightous victim by attempts of deceit comes more naturally to you than just maning up to what you've said.
Reread what you said as quoted by me, and then what you changed it to. Now see if you can figure out whos a crock.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
As an aside comment, we who vist this particular forum try to keep our threads civil. If one can't do that I suggest he go elsewhere.

Our family, myself included have enough ribbons, cups and checks in our history to back up our claims. These include about every show class there is in arenas and hundreds, if not thousands of miles pulling pack strings. I don''t live vicariously thru someone else.The mules I have rasied and trained are use all over CO and a few other states.Some have been in the Al Kaly mule train of the Shriners based here in Colorado Springs

I might not do everything the very best way,but I have done it enough to known what works and what does not.

A person is not going to be jumping over big logs, packing an elk out of some hell hole,or riding down steep grades ,etc by just sitting in the saddle using his seat.

I didn't think you'd beat to mentioning your family rasied a jackass, but sure enough you came right out with it. Tell your mother she has my sympathy. I guess lookin at life thru the eyes of a jackass suits your poor simple self since you arn't capable of distinguishing between admiration for someone who made a big contribution or to live vicariously thru someone. I can count among the horses I've rode two World Champions. Is that ribbon big enough for you? The fact that you haven't figured out how to ride off your seat doesn't bother me, i could care less how big of fool you are. But if i offer the same advice people payed me money to get for free and have to listen to your noise and nancyboy oh don't say anything back to me, well, i don't mind telling what a fool you are. Anyway, i'd think you'd be use to it by now.

Maroon

feeling lonely or seeing colors?

Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
I think it's best if rudeness is just ignored in this forum.

This ain't optics. wink

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Some folks are best put on ignore as arguing with a fool,only brings one down to wondering who the fool really is.

I apologize to the other folks who are contributing to this thread.

+1

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

Maroon

feeling lonely or seeing colors?

If you stick around long enough, you'll figure it out. If not, you won't be missed, considering your entrance.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
how can i figure it out, i don't know if you think maroon is a lovely color or you are stranded somewhere.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ironbender
I think it's best if rudeness is just ignored in this forum.

This ain't optics. wink

you're right and i should have ignored his crock and blowing smoke comments. i think when you get that treatment on something you're a bit passionate about you (or me i should say), i didn't react well. my apologies to you.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There goes the neighborhood.

The original international turd
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I have been dissatisfied with stirrups since i first got on a horse.I tell people i don't remember learning to ride but i remember learning to walk when i fell off my horse and had to walk home. I wear a 11 1/2 ee and when you add a double stitched welt or a white's packer it really gets wide. I have tried about everything made. Stirrups over 2 1/2 wide cause the outside ball of my foot to burn.[maybe to much stirrup pressure] They are also easier to lose. My Dad was a natural bronc rider and i inherited none of that, if one humps up and passes gas i fall off. I have broke a lot of colts and finally gravitated to a 1 inch flat bottomed iron ring. If you point your toes down it takes a lot of action before you lose a stirrup. You guys are right in that it takes a hell of a boot to ride those rings or oxbows. I broke both shanks in a pair of double soled high topped riding heeled Tony Lama's riding those rings.
I usually ride with bulldog taps when working on the ranch and hunting and at one time used 1 inch overshoe oxbows.
I won the state high school finals cutting 2 years in a row but i'm not a cutter. Dad's friend was and put me on his turnback horse.
I have team roped a lot and for a few years tripped steers.[just about the most fun you can have with your clothes on]
In the steer roping most guys rode 4 inch deep ropers but i learned from a couple guys that had bad ankles and had to wear whites for the support that a 2 inch deep roper is actually easier to get away from when stepping off.
Along came the crooked stirrups and i thought they were baloney till i rode some. Like mtrancher i thought they only came in 3 inch. Then i found S.A. Walls and i have settled on what he calls his 2 inch cowhorse Stirrup. They are much easier to hold . I rope in them ranch in them ride colts and put them in my taps.[i also ride with my foot all the way in to the heel] They never burn my feet or put all that pressure on the ankle bone and make it sore. I love them and have them on all my saddles even though i don't like the looks of them. They also will turn your boots black where they rub.
I will also offer this caveat: this is my experience and i don't expect many folks to have the same results.

Fred

Fourth Generation Border Rat
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Been away for a while, and have a friend I am trying to see her way through what may be a cancer diagnosis.

So I apologize to Vince. He can cover the ground he stand on without my help, but I just want to say we have ridden with the man, and he is no drug store Saturday night special. He is the real deal, and does not deserve rude treatment. Opinions are like some parts of the body, it's nice to have one, brag on it if you want to, but hold off on shoving it around, would ya? And I am a lady, and that is as rude as I choose to be. Thank you Vince for showing what class is in the face of indignities.

I have also had that tingling on the outer toe after 10 hours or so pushing cows, and that little slant you are working on might be real handy... I may retrofit my STI's if you have good luck.

Last edited by Ladymulerider; 03/11/12.

I ride mules, hunt every chance I can, and even take my husband with me!
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Tried a pair of the endurance stirrups with the wedge to give them the slant feature.

Knees feel much better after a ride and my little toes are not tingling.

May just have to bit the bullet and order me a set.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

707 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 63 invisible), 3,139 guests, and 1,358 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,581
Posts18,454,119
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.