Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I obviously missed your tongue in cheek on that one.

Makes a lot more sense... smile

I was worried about you there for a while... shocked

DF

GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
I obviously missed your tongue in cheek on that one.

Makes a lot more sense... smile

I was worried about you there for a while... shocked

DF

I worry about myself sometimes as well grin

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by rob p
I shot everything. Trap, skeet, sporting clays, birds, deer, bunnies... Anything you can think of. I've popped off 3 rounds at ducks and geese many many times in wet, freezing conditions... I shot bowling pins at Peacedale 25 years ago. I went to school with John Barnes, who's wife worked at Addieville. I've never been there. I've never been interested in paying $$$ for English style (low gun) shooting lessons or popping dizzied pen raised birds. I hunt with the former Pres of Wallum Lake and have been there a couple times for my archery proficiency tests. It's as far away as you can get from me and still be in R.I. I've been to every shooting venue here and in Southern MA for one competition or another. Archery mostly these days. I'm done arguing the point. I have 25 years experience with the gun and have had no problems with it. Nor has anyone I have ever known. This back and forth crap isn't for me. I've defended my point more than I feel I should need to.

Well I can clearly see that you don't shoot at addieville. I never said a word about hunting at addieville. What does bolwing pins have to do with shotguns? So I see you haven't shot any of the excellent targets Richie use to throw at Peace Dale. As far as distance, we are talking about RI. Some people in other states drive farther to get to the store then you can drive in RI from end to end. By the way you don't have to name names I know all the players in RI as far as sporting clays goes. As for you trying to badmouth Addieville what Geoff built there is one of the best shooting clubs in America. Jack does and outstanding job running the place and has long before Geoff passed away. Its sad your to dumb to realize what you have in your own backyard.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Forgot to address your other mistake do to lack of knowledge. $$$English style Low gun shooting lessons????? Really? I am pretty sure Todd Anderson could give you lessons for a very reasonable price. Last I saw he doesn't shoot low gun. Doug being a big fan of FITASC most likely will but I am sure if you let him know you want to shoot premounted he could tailor lessons to your needs. When Andy was there he would teach you either and yes he was is expensive but so isn't all the other well known accomplished shooters that give lessons. Like I said it is truly sad that you don't realize what you have in your own backyard.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My dad has an old 1100 20ga from the early 70's that is still going strong although it looks like a captured talibani insurgent's rifle. I have a benelli SBE and my dad has a beretta that are both VERY hard used. They run like champs also.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have known many Remington 1100s in my time, and I like them as hunting guns. But, 500,000 rounds? In my experience, you would need about 100 1100s to make that number without replacing just about every part on the gun.

Rem 1100s at one time were common in trap and skeet. They were the best out there at the time and had relatively light recoil. However, they were not known to be particularly rugged. Try to find an 1100 in high end shooting games today. I think you won't find many, if any at all. They are still popular at local events around here though-- they are a cult favorite for some.

I have always liked the 1100, but modern Benelli's and Beretta's are way better guns in every respect.

"You cannot miss fast enough to win."-- Ross Seyfried
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I don't see an 1100 reaching a half million shells trouble free or even completely rebuilt. However, a half million shells doesn't seem to bother Benelli M1's all that much...

http://www.tomknapp.net/gunroom/tomsOldBenelli.php

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
C
cdb Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Am I the only member of this website that shoots a Maxus and a SX3. By admitting that do I lose my membership? Or do I have to do penance and hunt with hunter01 for a whole dove season? Before you shun me I do have a 3901 I bought a month ago and for the money I think it is a very nice shotgun.

Last edited by cdb; 03/05/12.

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've had a Maxus since Nov 09. I like it. It needed a replacement trigger spring but other than that it's been as advertised. Under 7 lbs, cycles everything from 7/8ths oz loads up to 3&1/2s and requires minimal cleaning. It ought to for what it costs.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Shoot what you have, have fun, and be safe. I don't shun anyone for shooting anything that is at the minimum SAFE!

But when someone ask what they think others think is better or should I buy this one or that one. Well I try to answer honestly from the experiance I have and the knowledge I have from others on the subject. The problem with being honest is that it hurts feelings and people just assume you (me) would never own such. Which is not true at all. I have owned damn near all the usual suspects in the shotgun market. Hell I have a 870, 1100, and 500 still. I admit I don't really shoot them because I have better. But I keep them around for that newbie introduction and the ever nearing SHTF.

IC B3

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's a testimony to modern shotguns that we need to drag many thousands of rounds into the discussion to separate them.

I like 1100's, but I like light and lively better so I go with Benelli. It's tough for me to get worked up over anything else.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
In a hardcore duck hunting gun nothing outside the Benelli M1 Super90 can get me worked up. You can keep the SBE's and M2's.

I could get worked up for a Zoli in a dedicated Sporting Clays gun.

For upland hunting I get worked up over all the American Classics. Have a love affair with the Winchester Model 21 and those high grade Lefever's.

I will always have a fondness for the 870 as that is what I grew up on. Spent many days out on the Juneau Wetlands and Montana Creek duck hunting.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1minute, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 65 invisible), 3,180 guests, and 1,182 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,527
Posts18,452,853
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.