Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by EddyBo
Dang what state are yall in where there are no bad check prosecutions? Our bad check unit is busy as hell. Most offenders enter pretrial intervention programs that allow them to pay the check off without getting a felony conviction. If they bust out of PTI they are treated just like any other thief. I have seen more than one in hand cuffs and an orange jumpsuit headed to a restitution centers or prison. Now, I am not talking about a 50 dollar check written by someone out of state. I am only referring to felony amounts of 250 plus presented in this jurisdiction. But collecting money and fees on bad checks is big business for our local DAs office.
Horseshit. Think up a better story.

I used to have to defend the dumbazzes as assistant PD. You know some stuff about gun laws, hell I have PMd for info, but it is apparent your talking out your ass on this subject. If people could not get their bad checks reconciled by force of criminal prosecution no one would accept checks. The DA's office gets a major part of its budget from the bad check unit.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ddurst
Dang what state are yall in where there are no bad check prosecutions? Our bad check unit is busy as hell. Most offenders enter pretrial intervention programs that allow them to pay the check off without getting a felony conviction. If they bust out of PTI they are treated just like any other thief. I have seen more than one in hand cuffs and an orange jumpsuit headed to a restitution centers or prison. Now, I am not talking about a 50 dollar check written by someone out of state. I am only referring to felony amounts of 250 plus presented in this jurisdiction. But collecting money and fees on bad checks is big business for our local DAs office.
Eddybo's a lawyer, he didn't just make that up dumbazz.
Oh, so he's a professional liar. Dumbass.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to have to defend the dumbazzes as assistant PD. You know some stuff about gun laws, hell I have PMd for info, but it is apparent your talking out your ass on this subject. If people could not get their bad checks reconciled by force of criminal prosecution no one would accept checks. The DA's office gets a major part of its budget from the bad check unit.
All I'm seeing is "Once upon a time....."

What a load of HORSESHIT.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
All I'm seeing is "Once upon a time....."

What a load of HORSESHIT.

Tell us about your vast experience with felonious bad checks in MS. All I can tell you is do not be surprised by an indictment if you write a 250+ dollar bad check in MS. If you have any reading comprehension you will notice I asked a question as to the locale of states that do not criminally enforce bad checks never stated an opinion as to the 50$ bad check the OP received.
Take a look at 97-19-55 through 97-19-69 and 97-19-75 and 97-19-79, you do not have to take my word for it. In MS writing hot checks is against the law and strictly enforced in at least the 14th judicial district, no horseschit. My best buddy from law school is an assistant DA here PM me a number I will have him give you a call and explain it to you.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
get the popcorn out this should get good soon

Last edited by gemby58; 02/20/12.
IC B2

ADP Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The member in question was "tran"

I've spoken with him twice on the phone about this matter. Sent numerous messages. I'll gladly apologize if I'm wrong but it's been nearly a month without payment.

I finally talked my bank into reversing the $12 check fee they charged me. They sent me another copy of the check for $5 and I confirmed with his bank that there was enough money in his account to cover the check. (I sent the first copy back to him when I found out it was bad at his request and his word that he would send another form of payment, due to overdrawing on his account because of a car repair bill)

I deposited the check at my bank's atm yesterday, hopefully it clears. If not I reckon I'll just have to eat $50 or get $50 worth of satisfaction sending the bounced check and information to his boss,DA, anyone else I can think of in Norman, OK.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In MS writing hot checks is against the law and strictly enforced in at least the 14th judicial district, no horseschit.
Jaywalking and mattress tag removal is also "agin da law," Clarence Darrow. And your point is what?

My best buddy from law school is an assistant DA here PM me a number I will have him give you a call and explain it to you.
Colleges give law degrees away like Halloween candy. My wife's idiot sister got one and she can barely read and write. What's your barroom pal going to do? Invite me to Mardis Gras so I can get one with some beads?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My point is they will lock your ass up in MS, and you apparently do not know WTF your talking about.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
How do you ignore a person so you don't see their posts? Someone please PM me if it is possible. I come here for education, enlightenment, and to be in a community of my peers. I have a LOT of friends in real life that I'm not crazy about, but some folks in this thread need to learn some manners or get drowned in the river, not mentioning any names.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Just click on their user name and look around. It'll say ignore.

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand
IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Is this a bad time to ask how to ship a holster? I don't want to break any laws and someone said there was somebody in the classifieds who'd know. smile

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AkMike1
Just click on their user name and look around. It'll say ignore.

Then select "View profile"

Then select
"Ignore this user"

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Bulletbutt
Is this a bad time to ask how to ship a holster? I don't want to break any laws and someone said there was somebody in the classifieds who'd know. smile

You do have a H & R license?

"Holster and Relic" wink

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Ok, Tran is now on ignore.

"Smile, God loves you!"
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Wow, How did this bad check turn into a Pissin match? One day a week there is a public eye crime column in the local newspaper, and 1 of the sub categories is check deception. I've seen people listed in there for writing a bad check at the local pizza joint. It also gives the fines and court costs, so I would guess thats how the prosecuter in my small town keeps busy with parking tickets, Intoxications and check deception.

I purchased a gun recently from out of state and was surprised when the gentleman told me to just send a check. I have a taken a couple checks from people here for smaller items and had no problems, I usually judge my own deals by the time they have been a member and the number of posts.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've got an H&R Topper that's a relic...sounds like I'm good to go! Thanks! cool

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by witdog2020
Wow, How did this bad check turn into a Pissin match? One day a week there is a public eye crime column in the local newspaper, and 1 of the sub categories is check deception. I've seen people listed in there for writing a bad check at the local pizza joint. It also gives the fines and court costs, so I would guess thats how the prosecuter in my small town keeps busy with parking tickets, Intoxications and check deception.

I purchased a gun recently from out of state and was surprised when the gentleman told me to just send a check. I have a taken a couple checks from people here for smaller items and had no problems, I usually judge my own deals by the time they have been a member and the number of posts.

A bad check on a firearm is a Felony.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Hmmmmmm - sales engineer w/38 posts. WTF is a "sales engineer" - PC for a scam artist? Or is this a legitimate profession?
Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mark shubert
Hmmmmmm - sales engineer w/38 posts. WTF is a "sales engineer" - PC for a scam artist? Or is this a legitimate profession?
Mark

And all but one of them in the Classifieds section!
Imagine that.

Usually these disputes involve two people who do nothing but use the classifieds.
Landman doesn't fit that mold as he contributes all over the site but Tran fits the mold to a T.

Landman, I think you handled this as well as it could be.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
ADP Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
My apologies to tran, payment arrived this morning.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

214 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 31 invisible), 2,133 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,485
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.