Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
My best addition to my Encore barrels was forends from www.tonysforendsandgrips.net

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
GB1

D
OP Offline
D
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by duurmeehr
I use a Caldwell lead sled.

That's your first mistake. You might as well discard that rig before you break your butt stock at the pistol grip. The 7-08 hardly recoils enough for that. But, you'll NEVER get that gun to shoot using that.

Make sure your forend ears are not touching the frame or hinge pin. Don't you think it's strange that after Bellm divested your wallet of all that money your gun shoots no different?

You are right about that sled breaking heavier recoiling rifles. I have a piece of shock absorbing material fitted into the bottom and back of the back rest. It works pretty well simulating actual shooting. It shoots the same off the bags that it does out of the sled.

T/C said I have a problem with the locking lugs. They paid the freight to get the barrel and the frame back to them. We will see.

Best I can tell about Bellm is that the trigger sure is nice now. I figure I paid about the same for all his crap as my smith would have charged me for a trigger job so I ain't complaining!

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
i am having the same issues with my 280 encore. looks like i tried to string it out vertically, i have a 257rob that i can shoot quarters with at 100yds with same frame. .284 dia a problem with these barrels??? good luck, i will let you know if i can correct mine. Paul

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I have a Encore Pro Hunter that I have been tinkering with for a couple years now. I originally purchased it as a 20 ga. slug gun. Which it works very well as. However, ended up getting a 25-06 Rem. barrel for it (barrel is a TC Encore Pro Hunter). I have at times experienced vertical strings. Not at every range session though. At some sessions it would shoot great and some I would get vertical strings. I was switching back and forth between rifle barrel and slug barrel, so I am not sure if that had anything to do with it. I ended up installing the Bellm oversized hinge pin (1x), the Bellm lock up spring, and the Bellm hammer spring. I also put a new stock and forearm on the gun by Tony's Forends and Grips. So far in my testing, the gun has been very consistent. The rifle barrel usually shoots .75" groups at 100 yards (5 shot groups).

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FWIW, if you have a rifle shooting consistent cold shot accuracy - ie. POI for 1st shot...for a hunting rifle you may never have an issue in the field.

VERY rarely have I needed a 2nd shot or one made the difference.

It's fun shooting small groups, but for a hunting rifle - well - never shot a group on any game - except w/a shotgun smile

Just something to think about - hope you root out the source.

IC B2

D
OP Offline
D
You certainly are right 65BR. I have killed 10-15 of these wormy Alabama deer a year for years and have never shot twice!

I did however last year shoot four hogs one behind the other.

Thank goodness I had my .338-06 in hand! That Delta Gun Shop rebored barrel shoots cloverleafs all day long at 100 yards.

If Thompson Center is going to call themselves America's Master Gun Maker they are gonna give me a gun that shoots properly.

They received my gun today. Lets see how long it takes to analyze it and see if they can make it shoot like I expect it to.

D
OP Offline
D
And I hope they can. Cause I LOVE hunting with a single shot now!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heck - stick a Barnes and get all 4 in 1 shot - why waste powder and copper wink

TC I know in the past had very good customer service - not sure now.

I hope they make you happy - sure they can.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Is this from a clean barrel? I had one that would do that. If I left it dirty it would shoot consistently in the same spot. The root cause was an incredibly rough bore. I sold it.

D
OP Offline
D
A newly cleaned barrel shoots off the target. As it fouls it groups better but the first shot out of the cold barrel is 3-4 moa high. TC has had the gun 2 weeks now. I don't know what their turnaround time is but I will post what happens!

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sounds like the same problem.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 55 invisible), 2,364 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,251
Posts18,466,956
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.