-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
cool pics. love the vintage hunting outfits.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
This is what started my mule deer addiction almost 40 years ago. I did the deed with a Marlin 336 30-30 and Weaver K4.

[Linked Image </div>
<br>

</div>

<div class=
It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
year 1980 16 gauge with buckshot.
meat hunters back then. never bothered taking pics.
wish we would have tho,

here's one with 1st bow kill

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
The stories and memories just do not seem to end. GREAT thread if I do say so myself. Thanks again for the contributions. smile smile

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This is not the first deer I ever killed but it's the first deer I killed by myself. Shot at about 60 yards with my Model 7 243.

[Linked Image]

Model 7's FOR LIFE
IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
[Linked Image]
Here is my first deer. I shot it in 2005 with my Model 7 .243 win, and my first ever handload (I4350 and an 85 Nosler Partition). My grandpa rattle the buck up out of an old grown over cut in NE Washington and I shot him in the neck at 50 yards. He is still my best buck to date.

KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Longbeardking:

I killed my first deer over fifty years ago and no one in my family owned a camera. But here's a photo of my son's first deer taken twenty years ago.

[Linked Image]

The rifle is a Winchester model 70 Featherweight, 30-06 shooting Sierra Game King 150 grain BTSP. We still own that rifle and it has done the job many times over the years.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KC

Longbeardking:

I killed my first deer over fifty years ago and no one in my family owned a camera. But here's a photo of my son's first deer taken twenty years ago.

[Linked Image]

The rifle is a Winchester model 70 Featherweight, 30-06 shooting Sierra Game King 150 grain BTSP. We still own that rifle and it has done the job many times over the years.

KC

Nothing like being with your son OR wife on their first kill. Thanks for posting and passing that tradition on. GOOD man AND father!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile smile smile

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Emptyhanded
[Linked Image]
Here is my first deer. I shot it in 2005 with my Model 7 .243 win, and my first ever handload (I4350 and an 85 Nosler Partition). My grandpa rattle the buck up out of an old grown over cut in NE Washington and I shot him in the neck at 50 yards. He is still my best buck to date.

Beautiful deer. Thanks for taking the time to post AND killing the deer with home rolled ammo. Keep it up. smile smile

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Heres mine,2003,I was 15.Did it 100% on my own.Worked the summer prior saving money to buy the 30-30 I killed it with,and I gutted,and drug it out myself.It was definatly a learning experience..Also with my first truck too.

[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Cecil
Heres mine,2003,I was 15.Did it 100% on my own.Worked the summer prior saving money to buy the 30-30 I killed it with,and I gutted,and drug it out myself.It was definatly a learning experience..Also with my first truck too.

[Linked Image]

Doesn't get any better than that, now does it???? Congratulations. I hope you're still a hunter. smile smile

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by Longbeardking

[Linked Image]

Doesn't get any better than that, now does it???? Congratulations. I hope you're still a hunter. smile smile
Addicted to it now..my wife isn't to thrilled about it though.I now bow,ml,and rifle hunt.And take anaverage of 3-6 deer a year.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My first came in 1999, the year after I graduated college and started hunting. Never even thought about it until I got married and my wife bought me a lifetime hunting license as a wedding gift.

I had went out the evening before with my wife's sister's boy friend, now husband, and set on top of a old hay swather. We watched several dear come up off the river and up to the wheatfields to eat. One little spike buck walked traveed a path about 100 yards from us, and I never even thought about shooting him. On our way back to the truck, Kent said I should have shot that deer. I was like really, it was awful small. He said heck ya i should have. So the next mornign i got up before everyone else did, eat a slab of pecan pie and had a Dr pepper and headed down to the swather to shoot that spike and redeme my man card for letting it walk the night before.

As the sun came up this guy was following the same trail, heading back down to the river. He was walking straight at me, I placed the crosshairs in the center of his chest at the base of his neck, pulled the trigger, and he dissapeared. I jumped off the swather and ran over to the buck, didnt know what to do and went back to the house and got my wifes grand pa, who showed me how to gut a deer. Now I get to return the favor by gutting all his, and he sure likes to kill.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Badley
My first came in 1999, the year after I graduated college and started hunting. Never even thought about it until I got married and my wife bought me a lifetime hunting license as a wedding gift.

I had went out the evening before with my wife's sister's boy friend, now husband, and set on top of a old hay swather. We watched several dear come up off the river and up to the wheatfields to eat. One little spike buck walked traveed a path about 100 yards from us, and I never even thought about shooting him. On our way back to the truck, Kent said I should have shot that deer. I was like really, it was awful small. He said heck ya i should have. So the next mornign i got up before everyone else did, eat a slab of pecan pie and had a Dr pepper and headed down to the swather to shoot that spike and redeme my man card for letting it walk the night before.

As the sun came up this guy was following the same trail, heading back down to the river. He was walking straight at me, I placed the crosshairs in the center of his chest at the base of his neck, pulled the trigger, and he dissapeared. I jumped off the swather and ran over to the buck, didnt know what to do and went back to the house and got my wifes grand pa, who showed me how to gut a deer. Now I get to return the favor by gutting all his, and he sure likes to kill.

[Linked Image]

Thanks for sharing a GREAT story. I don't know what's better. A youngster getting introduced to hunting at an early age. Or a man with a few years finally realizing what he jas been missing and litterally starts a new career as a hunter with a BANG. Congratulations and take it upon yourself to pass our hunting tradition on. Thanks.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

[Linked Image]

I like the use of a 3 point hith bar as a grambrel. Very MacGyver like.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Coolest thread I have seen in a long time....

Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
shot my first w/a new england fire arms single shot 20ga in
1991. he was running straight at me and at about 10 fti fired. he went azz over bandbox and piled up next to me. i sat there for about an hour before dad showed up to help me gut and drag.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by skybuster20ga; 03/03/12.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by skybuster20ga
shot my first w/a new england fire arms single shot 20ga in
1991. he was running straight at me and at about 10 fti fired. he went azz over bandbox and piled up next to me. i sat there for about an hour before dad showed up to help me gut and drag.
[Linked Image]

Now THERE is another priceless picture and memory. What a GREAT thread. Bringing EVERYONE out of the woodwork!!!! smile smile smile

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Seeing this thread the other day brought a flood of memories. It encouraged me to finally dig out some old prints. First deer and haven't topped it yet, Oct 1980. Here in all my smugness, a three generation affair. Dad pointed him out, gramps drug him out, I just plugged him the cheek with my peep-sighted 22-250 Rem 700 BDL Custom Deluxe. That young buck was half up out of his bed at about 100 feet and did a full 180 airborne upon the hit. Gramps has passed to the happy hunting grounds, haven't seen his fine Mod 71 in years, the old man(this space left blank), I sold that 22-250, my first centerfire, when I was 18 or 19 for party money, but still have plenty of fond memories of those times and that rack is right here on the wall looking perfect as day one thanks to Weibel Sr. There were a lot, and I mean a lot, of deer across central and SE Oregon back in those days. Folks ran the cats and bears with dogs, cattle were everywhere, coyotes lived in perpetual fear, and wolves were gone 50 years, imagine that...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I honestly ate my first deer so fast that nobody got a chance to snap a pic.

Something clever here.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

388 members (17CalFan, 160user, 10ring1, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 30 invisible), 2,745 guests, and 987 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,283
Posts18,467,788
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.