Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Have this guy's shed antlers from previous years. Set up a blind and got him on day 3, before school. Gross scores over 180. laugh ..nowhere to go but down.
[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
You guys have no idea how much this thread means to me. Hunting is and has been a passion for me. Just in case some of you hadn't notice. The last THREE posts made me realize again what a fine group thre here that seems to be the core of the campfire. This entire thread has bee full of EVERYONE'S great memories. Renews my faith. Thanks everyone. smile smile

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northern_dave
I honestly ate my first deer so fast that nobody got a chance to snap a pic.

Oh so you're another PETA person.............. grin grin

People Eating Tasty Animals!!!!!!!!!!

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
My first deer ever, I couldnt have been happier or more excited!! It was a long shot, one I never thought I could actually make. Thank goodness I have a husband that has taught me well, and has the patience to deal with me while hunting. Needless to say, I am now hooked and cant wait till hunting season starts again!!

The Deer Assassin's wife.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Tngirl
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
My first deer ever, I couldnt have been happier or more excited!! It was a long shot, one I never thought I could actually make. Thank goodness I have a husband that has taught me well, and has the patience to deal with me while hunting. Needless to say, I am now hooked and cant wait till hunting season starts again!!

FINALLY,,,,,,,,,,,,we brought one of the ladies to the forefront. AND another pretty one to boot. VERY happy to see the ladies take up guns and hunting. YOU and young people ARE the future of the sport we love and live. Congratulations to BOTH you and your husband. Keep up hunting together. It makes problems take a back seat. BTW. Here's this year's picture of MY wife. We have been deer hunting together for the last 10 years.

[Linked Image]

IC B2

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

FINALLY,,,,,,,,,,,,we brought one of the ladies to the forefront. AND another pretty one to boot. VERY happy to see the ladies take up guns and hunting. YOU and young people ARE the future of the sport we love and live. Congratulations to BOTH you and your husband. Keep up hunting together. It makes problems take a back seat. BTW. Here's this year's picture of MY wife. We have been deer hunting together for the last 10 years.

[Linked Image]

very cool! I can say its some of the most enjoyable time spent with my husband, and I am learning a lot. Thanks!!!

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
1978. Medina County, TX. Remington 721, 30/06 and, IIRC, 150gr factory corelokt.

The start of a lifelong addiction...

[Linked Image]

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

Last edited by rl11; 03/16/12.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I don't know what I have see a pic of your deer before. Thats great...Congrats gal!!.... cool

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Thanks Tndrbstr! I had a blast, I really think Im hooked now! lol, poor Lade, he created a monster teachin me to hunt! Hope we can all hook up this summer and get out on the bikes!! I know we are supposed to hook up with Stik and Bowdacious sometime.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They didn't have cameras then.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
This has been quite the great thread. All positive. Very very good. Wish more of the ladies would climb onboard. smile wink cool

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
December 1975, NW Ct.
My dad and his friends had a deer camp and I shot the 8 pointer in the middle with a JC Higgins bolt action 12ga goose gun. 2 3/4" Remington slugger.
It was a week before my 15th birthday.
I thought at the time that this deer hunting stuff was easy. Boy was I wrong.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bucktales
December 1975, NW Ct.
My dad and his friends had a deer camp and I shot the 8 pointer in the middle with a JC Higgins bolt action 12ga goose gun. 2 3/4" Remington slugger.
It was a week before my 15th birthday.
I thought at the time that this deer hunting stuff was easy. Boy was I wrong.

[Linked Image]

VERY nice. I hope everyone notes your unique camo pattern. THE WAY THINGS USED TO BE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 59 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,327
Posts18,468,536
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.