Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Better late than never - and stuff DOES happen. Thanks for posting the results. Good to know.
Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
What was the postmark date If I may ask?

"When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing; when you see that money is flowing to those who deal not in goods, but in favors; you may know that your society is doomed." Ayn Rand
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by LANDMAN4389
My apologies to tran, payment arrived this morning.

I would think my "thanks" to tran would be sufficient. Don't see where you have anything to apologize for.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Having read most of these posts I don't think Tran deserves an apology at all, you should have received one from him.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thank God this one is over!!!

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

John Wayne
IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
But....is it?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Apology ??; More like a hedge until actual payment is not reversable. I wouldn't trust him if he put up his first born as collateral

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tom264
But....is it?
It's over when I say it's over!!!!!! And right now I gotta lotta problems with you people!!!

And I can never visit any of my family in Mississippi again either!!! Because I think EddyBo is going to bring their portable electric chair out of retirement if I do.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't worry brickie, tomorrows another day and your work will never be complete around here...........

As the 'fire turns.......

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
This kerfuffle tells me two things:

1)Jury is out on Tran and he has work to do but I'm thinking he will prove to be reliable.

2)LANDMAN#### is a gentleman and has displayed remarkable "grace under pressure". Can't ask for more.

Wiser, more experienced members may be able to discern more from this little exercise...

IC B3

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by Tom264
But....is it?
It's over when I say it's over!!!!!! And right now I gotta lotta problems with you people!!!

And I can never visit any of my family in Mississippi again either!!! Because I think EddyBo is going to bring their portable electric chair out of retirement if I do.

B' Top... working his own. cool cool

Man has an unconventional Street Sweeper.

BE... ware.

Sporting it in the dark alleys, lonely railroad towns, and miscellaneous 24 HR Campfire threads with his usual reckless abandon...

LONG LIVE THE SPIKED AFRO, BRO ! !

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by EddyBo
My point is they will lock your ass up in MS, and you apparently do not know WTF your talking about.

You might get out as soon as you make enough to pay the restitution to the state and to the individual you wrote the bad check to, but in MS you wont be eating mommas chicken till you pick up enough garbage to settle the debt. And Eddy Bo it aint just in the 14th judicial district. The saying in MS is come on vacation, leave on probation.

Last edited by msuhunter; 02/22/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by msuhunter
My point is they will lock your ass up in MS, and you apparently do not know WTF your talking about.
You might get out as soon as you make enough to pay the restitution to the state and to the individual you wrote the bad check to, but in MS you wont be eating mommas chicken till you pick up enough garbage to settle the debt. And Eddy Bo it aint just in the 14th judicial district. The saying in MS is come on vacation, leave on probation.
You talk a good line of trash, but I ain't buying into any massive effort to hunt down and exterminate paperhangers. Most wind up with a scarlet letter on a list until they get busted for cooking meth, just like everywhere else.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
-Thomas Jefferson
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
yeeeeaaahhhhhhhh bbbbbbooooyyyyyyyy !!!!!!

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by msuhunter
You talk a good line of trash, but I ain't buying into any massive effort to hunt down and exterminate paperhangers. Most wind up with a scarlet letter on a list until they get busted for cooking meth, just like everywhere else.

I used to read your posts and laugh along but you are way off base on this one. Either admit you are wrong or leave it be. Your credibility is diminishing with every post on this one Bricktop.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Let me say I made a mistake. I wrote a large check and did not move the money from saving to cover it a few check got caught. I am a man of my word and I made it right.

I feel like a dumb ass!

Troy

Last edited by tran; 02/23/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tran
Let me say I made a mistake. I wrote a large check and did not move the money from saving to cover it a few check got caught. I am a man of my word and I made it right.

I feel like a dumb ass!

Troy

All could have been avoided by keeping in communication with the OP, (Original poster).

Everyone makes mistakes, had you told the OP what happened, all of this would have been handled between the two of you.

Lesson learned.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can say for an absolute fact it is prosecuted in my county because I'm the Probation Officer who gets the case to supervise!

NH9 summed it up, it's either a felony or misdemeanor based on amount and here it matters whether or not it was simply "insufficient funds" or "written on closed account"

Mike

Last edited by ready_on_the_right; 02/23/12.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by ready_on_the_right
I can say for an absolute fact it is prosecuted in my county because I'm the Probation Officer who gets the case to supervise!

NH9 summed it up, it's either a felony or misdemeanor based on amount and here it matters whether or not it was simply "insufficient funds" or "written on closed account"

Mike

Seriously, you're getting insufficient fund or written on closed account cases on probation? We're turning away pretty much any misdemeanors other than assaults and sex offenses.

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

122 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,674 guests, and 941 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.