Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 ... 26 27 >
Topic Options
#6228154 - 02/27/12 01:41 PM Two Ruger No. 1s (bought here) and wood redone
interthem Offline
Campfire Regular

The red one is a 375 H&H redone with PILKINGTON Red English stain ($20 for 2 ounces) that will penetrate the existing rather blah sprayed on Ruger finish. The brown one (25-06 Varmint) was done with Gale early American which is also a finish penetrator. The stocks still have to harden up for several months before a final rubout with felt pads and Brownells 5F.
Technique is straight forward. Remove as much of original finish as possible using Mixwax finish remover and BRONZE wool. Once you get there, Use the Minwax wipe on poly matte to keep 400 grit paper wet and sand in a circular motion to fill the grain. (The red gun was done "very filled" as a glasslike finish was wanted to show the great figure. The brown one was also filled but not as much as a more open grain look was desired.
This takes a while with wetsanding using the matte poly between fills moving from 400 to 600 to 800 to 1000.(Norton automotive papers)
When you're happy, apply the stains as you don't want to sand through them. Now switch to Minwax poly wipe on gloss. Tackrag the stock to death. Using a lint free cloth wipe it on and STOP. Do one side at a time and let it flow out to be smooth. The red stock has about 25 applications on it (1/day). It dries fast enough to do both sides in one day. Needless to say, stay away from the checkering except for the stain and ONE coat of the gloss with a toothbrush. Gotta love those old red pads, although sometimes you find a very nice black pad as well !
Thanks for looking

Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?

#6228166 - 02/27/12 01:45 PM Re: Two Ruger No. 1s (bought here) and wood redone [Re: interthem]
mcmurphrjk Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Northern Nevada
Looks nice.

#6228295 - 02/27/12 02:24 PM Re: Two Ruger No. 1s (bought here) and wood redone [Re: mcmurphrjk]
vaturkey Offline
Campfire Regular

I think that is amazing for sure. Like that Red English stain for looks. Rather amazing transformation.

#6229939 - 02/27/12 09:11 PM Re: Two Ruger No. 1s (bought here) and wood redone [Re: vaturkey]
interthem Offline
Campfire Regular

Yes it is very expensive but a little goes a long way and there is nothing that will do what it does.
Both stains are available from Brownells.

#6233316 - 02/28/12 06:15 PM You didn't buy SH!T, Larry Bitch.... [Re: interthem]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: Pushing a broom at OU....
Who in the f*ck owns those guns, dickhead? As usual, f*ckhead Larry Root produces pictures of sh!t he don't own and spins a yarn for something he can't claim.

#6235506 - 02/29/12 09:55 AM Ruger No. 1s, wood redone by me. [Re: Bricktop]
interthem Offline
Campfire Regular

Hi Bricktop.

You will get to see them both, as well as all the other guns you claim I do not own, when you come out to Wyoming this summer to honor the $10,000.00 bet you made on my guns not belonging to me.

You are going to honor the bet are you not ? Don't forget to bring cash.

You should talk to some one who knows how to identify the camera the pictures are taken with through Photobucket. You would find it is my ancient 3.4 MP Nikon.

Here's a few more you'll get to see......

How the special order 275 Rigby No. 1 project coming ?

May the blessings of our Lord fall upon you and those you love.

#6235553 - 02/29/12 10:07 AM Further proof as to the guns ownership [Re: Bricktop]
interthem Offline
Campfire Regular

Dear Bricktop,

Given your expertise, you could identify, for our membership, where a member, you claim to be a liar, stole these photos from ?

I mean, accusations without any proof, have no credibility do they ?

Note the rail behind the 9.3x62 and the rail the AR 10 is perched upon ?
Both right here in Key West taken several years apart.

The burden of proof, as the accuser, is upon you. You will have the opportunity to meet that come June 2012.

Some of my friends want to take side bets as to whether or not you will show up.
I don't think that would be the "civil" thing to do.

Sunday, I will include you in my prayers, hoping to heal your troubled soul.

#6235893 - 02/29/12 11:28 AM Re: Further proof as to the guns ownership [Re: interthem]
FOsteology Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: Texas
Playing the devils advocate here.... whether they're Larry's rifles or not, I don't know, nor honestly care. However, all the rifles he's posted are more than likely one individuals collection, as all the pictures were taken with a Nikon E3200.

#6236326 - 02/29/12 01:16 PM Re: Further proof as to the guns ownership [Re: FOsteology]
interthem Offline
Campfire Regular

FO, Thanks you for your research.

Since some of the photos were taken in WY and some in FL, all with the same camera, I think any rational person would conclude they were not "stolen off the Internet", nor has any proof been proffered to support that falsehood.

FL shown above, here is WY. (R.F. Sedgley Springfield, Leupold Alaskan 2.5x, 400 Whelen).... no Aspen trees in FL......

We will be waiting for Bricktop and his $10,000.00 CASH to appear.

May the good Lord bless and keep you.

#6236425 - 02/29/12 01:36 PM Guns your bitch-ass don't own...... [Re: interthem]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: Pushing a broom at OU....
Who in the f*ck are you today, "Larry?" Roger? A new member of your "club?" Prove those guns are yours, shitbird.

Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 ... 26 27 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
CLICK HERE for GREAT DEALS on STEINER OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
98 registered (6mmbrfan, 270winchester, 1tnhunter, 28lx, 700xcr, 9 invisible), 479 Guests and 294 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
50427 Members
72 Forums
633441 Topics
9087003 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM

Copyright 2000-2013 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.