Print Thread
Hop To
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Daughter and me go every year, It's a great time. Of course I let her catchem all.."and she thought we were just fishin" Trace Adkins

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Man you're killin' me with fresh seafood pics! cry

Looks like you both had a great time! Kudos!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I think folks missed your reference to the Song.

Yes fishing is part of it.

You are a Man of great RICHES.

Some spelling errors can be corrected by a vowel movement.
~ MOLON LABE ~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Nice
Miss fishing reds and trout down there

B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
B
Going back in October with a bud, Hope the reds will be schoolin up. Trust me I won't let him catchem all! The best part IS takin the fillets to the restaurant and letting them work thier magic, plus some cold beers....YUMMMMMYYY

LouisB, thanks for the kind words. I take her hunting and fishin every chance I get. She's 21 and will be off and married someday.
I gotta enjoy every chance!

IC B2

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I've been to SPI and Port Aransas and haven't caught anything like that. Nice.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
KMS Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm only about 45 minutes away from SPI. Where were ya'll eating?

Kelly
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sweet!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like a real good time. Not a big fisherman but would love to do a trip like that once.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Buzzsaw,
That looks like a little slice of Heaven....sigh

Both you and Leighton have way too good a time fishing and eating smile

Thanks for posting the story and pics!!

Johnny $

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
IC B3

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Looks like the Sea Food resturaunt on the docks on SPI. Dirty Al's if I remember right. Great food!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 58gscott
Looks like the Sea Food resturaunt on the docks on SPI. Dirty Al's if I remember right. Great food!

Nope. Sea Ranch Restaurant

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
She's not wearing a ring neither, just an observation to those that care. Snicker.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a cousin that lives in Mathis, Texas that I plan to visit this spring. He said that he would take me bay fishing while there. What time this Spring would most likely be the best? I know that I will have to work with his schedule and he has a race car, but would like some rough info. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Spring Break is the best time for fresh "feesh"....

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I apologize in advance for hijacking the thread but my wife was just offered a good job in Harlingin TX. She would not need to live in the area. I was looking at SPI. I live in MI and live to fish and hunt. Actually I live near Saginaw Bay. One of the best walleye fisheries in the world.

What can anyone tell me that would help me make the decision good or bad? The money she is offered would help me forget MI quite quickly. I hunt the west and midwest now. Looks like the fishing is great. What should I expect about hunting deer in TX?

Last edited by kingfisher; 02/19/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What should I expect about hunting deer in TX?

There is a great many deer in Texas......but no free hunting as I was accustomed to in Minnesota and Wisconsin and the one time I hunted Michigan.....in Texas everyone wants to be paid a day lease....

In Texas a good many ranchers hate the hogs...but damn if they will let you come to their place and shoot them.....free....

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
kingfisher, you would be living near one of the most unique saltwater fisheries in the World. Both the Texas and Mexico coast offer very uniqie oppurtuinity.

While there is limited public hunting in Texas, South Texas is home to the Golden Triangle of Whitetail hunting, known as "Muy Grande" country. There is no doubt that while living in that area one could surely find a place to hunt!

If your a bird hunter, well Harlingen is Whitewing heaven, also Duck hunting along the lower Texas coast can be as good as it gets anywhere.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kingfish, you will be at the heart of the wonderful and bontiful King Ranch and others similar but not as large. SPI is best beach in Texas by far. My fam spends a week every summer and only 90 days and counting. Only a five hour drive and that is close enough.

Note: Living close to the mex border can be complex these days so beware why some are paying big bucks for good help.

yep glass marked with Sea Ranch Restaurant in the bar aarea and by the way they do have the best oysters rockefeller on the island. Trust me I have tried them all.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Very nice buzzsaw. Thanks for sharing and is that the Parrot Eyes you were fishing out of? Just looks to be a familiar background in the pic with the big red and your daughter. Thanks for sharing. A big S. Texas yeeeeeeeeeha to you and the pretty lady.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

100 members (6mmCreedmoor, Akpilot, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,622 guests, and 831 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,516
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.