Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 32 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
By that time, my Special Angel Chant�e (Honorary Daughter) will be freshly 27 (birthday the Fourth). Maybe we can get her to bring along her Vile N and drag the horse hair over the cat gut for us. The guys will enjoy the sight of her, too.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

GB1

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Good people born in July ! My birthday is the 27th grin

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Miss Lynn
Originally Posted by safariman
Miss Lynn, Sherri and I sure hope you can make it. Sherri is hoping there are more than 2 or 3 ladies to speak and connect with during the event. I am quite sure that the two of you will hit it off.

From what I gather from your posts about your Wife, I get the feeling we will get along real well. My 24 year old daughter Quinn will be accompanying me on the trip. She's a younger version of me, only WAY prettier, and in some ways, way smarter than I am.

Looking forward to meeting you and your Wife, and getting to know you both.

NOW we're talking!

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986
Miss Lynn, Sherri and I sure hope you can make it. Sherri is hoping there are more than 2 or 3 ladies to speak and connect with during the event. I am quite sure that the two of you will hit it off.

From what I gather from your posts about your Wife, I get the feeling we will get along real well. My 24 year old daughter Quinn will be accompanying me on the trip. She's a younger version of me, only WAY prettier, and in some ways, way smarter than I am.

NOW we're talking!

I'm thinking, your thinking, this is a good idea ? grin

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

The best idea is for more good folks to attend the Quemado Gathering II.

The 'Fire Shindigs that I have attended are fun for all family members, although it is likely more enjoyable if said participants know (at least a little bit about) and appreciate the outdoors, photography, conservation, shooting and/or fishing, camping and starry nights. You will be invited to shoot some awesome firearms, so bring what you have, including eye and ear protection and a good attitude.

Hospitality and friendship are routinely noted.

Hard to find better entertainment for the money.

Help (transportation, car-pool, "scholarships", etc.) is available for those who need it, but they may need to speak up. . . . . nobody does a Dunn & Bradstreet on the campers.

However, everybody is expected to contribute in some way, such as respectful conversations, polite behavior, helping out with chores, cooking specialties, hospitality for the less-mobile campers, camp set-up or break-down, and whatever. Sort of like at home. There is a big difference in a good camp and the other kinds, so help where you can and ask for it if you need somethin'.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Lovely ladies are always welcome in camp, and some of the better company in past gatherings included wives and family.

Jon "Toe-shoes" Graham is just trying to make sure that ELIGIBLE young ladies learn how he really is a good and handsome guy who can shoot better than the rest of us old geezers, not just a fellow who has, . .well,. . . uh. . .chosen his "costume" from an "interesting" catalog.

The Air Force did not issue the pink flannel.

“You must endeavour to enjoy the pleasure of doing good. That is all that makes life valuable.”
Robert E. Lee, in a letter to his invalid wife.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Agree 100% with everything Border Doc has said above. Its a great group, and when we get together it is always a good time. You can't go wrong with a recipe like good people, good food, good settings, nice guns, good shooting, etc.

...and yes Jonny "toe shoes" is a top notch guy all ribbing aside.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Border Doc
� Jon "Toe-shoes" Graham � has, . .well,. . . uh. . .chosen his "costume" from an "interesting" catalog. �

We put-up with just about anything from the nice folks who join us. Some of Jon's tastes are weird, but he knows how to behave in mixed company.

We have special accommodations � miles away, unused so far � for those who don't.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miss Lynn - the weekend is July 13 -15, and sure hope you and your daughter can make it.

No worry about pleasant accomodations for any Campfire ladies that are not brining an RV, etc. - with good advance notice we will have you covered comfortably.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
They have trout ? There is trout there ? shocked

So is there anybody here that can help me choose a new fishing rod and reel to buy ???? Seriously, I need a new fishing rod.

My daughter Quinn wants to shoot, she has never been shooting and wants to try her hand at it. I'm thinking there might be someone there that might like to offer a helping hand in this area.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Miss Lynn,

I am an NRA certified beginners marksmanship instructor. I might not be the best SHOT at the gathering, but I am really, really good at taking beginners and getting them to proficienscy quickly and safely, with lots of fun as a part of the whole equation.

As to a fishing set up, go to Bass Pro Shops web site and get a Shakespere Ugly Stick combo set up in a take down, medium action, 6'6" length then wrap the spool full of CLEAR, non colored 6lb test flourocarbon line and we will take care of bait, lures and terminal tackle when you get there. Sherri and I have lots of that sort of gear. She is an avid fisherperson and handgun shootist.

MARK

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Miss Lynn,

I assure you that there will be an abundance of eager tutors to introduce your daughter to the pleasures of shooting just about anything that she would like to try. AZCoues and KRP can give you expert advice with respect for angling for the trout in Quemado Lake. Helpful expertise will not be in short supply. Mark and Sherri will certainly be the icing on the cake. I will be present (hopefully with my lovely wife) to cheer you on.

Looking forward to meeting you and your daughter.

Ben aka Mudhen

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can likely bring at least one spare lightweight spinning outfit, suitable for trout, so no need to buy any.

I prolly still have glittery rainbow Powerbait, too. grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986

NOW we're talking!

I'm thinking, your thinking, this is a good idea ? grin

Does Howdy Doody have wooden balls?? C'mon now!

I'm 25, and I like 24 year old women!

Jon

Lifetime member: Backcountry Hunters and Anglers & Wild Sheep Foundation
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well, if you want to make a good first impression, I would suggest seeing a fashion consultant at LL Bean! smile

This 'gathering' is sounding like more fun all the time! I will keep the fires going for the wifey and suggest she put in her time off request right away.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Well, if you want to make a good first impression, I would suggest seeing a fashion consultant at LL Bean! smile

Special kind of dresser are you ?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was funnin him a little about the toe shoes and shirt and such. I wasn't even there last year but piling on seemed like such fun at the moment <g>

Nope, no special kid of dress for me, blue jeans and t shirts with running shoes or hiking boots.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I am thinking Quinn is gonna knock his socks off when he meets her ! wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
>

Nope, no special kid of dress for me, blue jeans and t shirts with running shoes or hiking boots.
Might want to bring some shorts for Quemado in July...just sayin'

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
THAT there, is the problem. Toes shoes, no socks, and thusly a BAD odor from the resulting 'jam' stuff is not the way to win a ladies heart!

Page 12 of 32 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 31 32

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

169 members (35, 6mmCreedmoor, 257 roberts, 2UP, 44mc, 10Glocks, 22 invisible), 2,190 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,706
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.