Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by THOMASMAGNUM
Wow Bobby I never realized you were a troll...
{Insert sarcastic eyeroll}
Have you ever seen the definition of an internet troll? Look it up. It's just a picture of Bobby.

yes sir that's me an internet troll. i look forward everyday to just troll on the internet to poke and prod people.

at least i ain't bat schit crazy/paranoid and live in fear all my life.

FJB
GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by rockchucker
maybe that post will earn me my turdlike medal smile.

To be turdflike you need to get scathing PMs from at least one well-known troll....

There are other qualifications...check back with me later on that.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Have you ever seen the definition of an internet troll? Look it up. It's just a picture of Bobby.

[Linked Image]

fill this out and get back to us...

[Linked Image]

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by ColeYounger
Originally Posted by eh76
You never know where them dang zombies might be hiding! eek laugh
Zombies are everywhere. The walk among us.

[Linked Image]

My boy nailed this Zombie just the other day.
And you can't beat the Nazi zombies. They're the best kind.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockchucker

yes sir that's me an internet troll. i look forward everyday to just troll on the internet to poke and prod people.

at least i ain't bat schit crazy/paranoid and live in fear all my life.

TRH might be onto something.
You did accuse me of snoring... and I never snore wink

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not to hijack this impressive thread but... laugh

That's what my boy says too. He likes the Nazi zombies the best. He really wanted one of those 3d Zombies that are filled with paint balls and "bleed". We saw them at one gunshow and he couldn't stop talking about them. So I kept looking and finally found some last weekend-$80. If you videoed it and sent them a copy they'd send you a coupon for another free Zombie. I told him that was too high. They're basically a one shootout proposition. I can't bring myself to pay that much for one.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
You guys need some ZomBoom

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T

Seriously, you folks need to look up the accepted definition of an internet troll.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by slumlord
Our city has a group that is Special Ops, nothing particular spooky about them. They just mostly do vice work and under-cover ops. Mostly civilian casual dress and unmarked units.

No big deal.

If the guy looked the part, I would have taken it for what it was. If he was a whack job, even all the more reason to mind my own beeswax.

as long as the badge is displayed along side the issued firearm
commissioned law enforcement in the county can open carry off duty in plain clothes also

Last edited by renegade50; 03/01/12.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by eh76
You guys need some ZomBoom

The guy selling them said you could pack the head with some stuff and it would explode. It must have been this stuff.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We shot one of those at Pat's place in Texas. They are fun! I need to find a couple up here. I wonder if there is a hazmat charge to deal with shipping them?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Seriously, you folks need to look up the accepted definition of an internet troll.

We did ....the name Chris came up. Seriously you need to get a life.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Yeah, CY, that looks like the stuff to buy. A guy at my WI gun club had some last summer and he said it was a blast, pyrotechinically and emotionally. Good stuff.

FWIW, the "bleeding zombie" targets on that same website are pretty good in terms of number of hits they'll sustain. They'll be a bit messy to take home if you haven't shot 'em to smithereenies, but that's nothing that a plastic tarp and a cardboard box won't take care of.

For those who want to make their own targets, take a look at this website:

http://www.letargets.com/estylez_ps.aspx?searchmode=category&searchcatcontext=~040000~040200

I have used the plastic 3D male torso target ($65 retail) quite a lot in my training and it is DEFINITELY amenable to modification with stuff like bleeding paintballs and the like. Each torso target is good for 300-500 hits (with HP ammo, yet!) depending on how accurately you shoot.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by slumlord
Our city has a group that is Special Ops, nothing particular spooky about them. They just mostly do vice work and under-cover ops. Mostly civilian casual dress and unmarked units.

No big deal.

If the guy looked the part, I would have taken it for what it was. If he was a whack job, even all the more reason to mind my own beeswax.

as long as the badge is displayed along side the issued firearm
commissioned law enforcement in the county can open carry off duty in plain clothes also

I looked for a badge. He wasn't wearing one.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not trying to be a smart aleck but i'm just curious why it bothered you so much. I mean if he wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary why go up to them.

My idea of being organic is taking a dump in the woods.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Field_Hand
I'm not trying to be a smart aleck but i'm just curious why it bothered you so much. I mean if he wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary why go up to them.
Technically, in Florida, that's a crime. My suspicion, however, was that he was some sort of off duty cop, so I wasn't actually as concerned as you're making out, at least in terms of public safety, even though it would still be a crime in that case. Just wanted to present the facts here for a discussion if anyone was interested.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Here in Liberal southern Wi. I've seen it more than once and I've done it myself without a problem. Before we got a cc law there was guys opening carrying state wide and there wasn't to many problems. Don't understand why anybody that has a gun himself would be bothered by a gun.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter
Here in Liberal southern Wi. I've seen it more than once and I've done it myself without a problem. Before we got a cc law there was guys opening carrying state wide and there wasn't to many problems. Don't understand why anybody that has a gun himself would be bothered by a gun.
There aren't any non-criminal avenues in Florida for open carry in public without a policeman's badge on display, so by definition (at the very least) he wasn't quite right. Were there a legal avenue, not only would I be happy to see it, I'd likely have started up a conversation with the guy about it.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
TRH, I'm trying not to get jump all over yer azz over this deal, but your persistence in trying to justify your concern/alarm/actions/whatever just begs a good beating.

The ONLY thing you have said that I could agree with in any form is that you were not in Condition White in the grocery store. EVERYTHING you did after you noticed the guy with the gun was at least wrong, if not dumbphuck stupid.

But rather than just being mean, I'll offer you an alternative scenario based on your provisional setting.

Self: Wandering in produce section in Condition Yellow, notices gun on hip of tactically duded-out dude, in clear violation of FL law.

Self's brain: recognizes potential threat, kicks up to Condition Orange. Makes instantaneous decision that this is either a) a bona fide threat or b) not a threat (mall ninja, doofus cop in mufti who forgot he was wearing his gun). Decision: threat or no threat? Your brain knows, based on pattern recognition.

At this point your brain tells you which fork in the road to take. He's either a threat, or not a threat. THERE IS NO THIRD OPTION YOU CAN SAFELY EXPLORE.

If you decide THREAT, Self's brain, eyes, and ears are gonna be gathering and processing information while Self's feet move your sorry ass to a position of cover where you can observe the THREAT and if the situation escalates to Condition Red you can draw Self's sidearm and open fire.

However, if Self's brain decides NON-THREAT, you move on along about your business, maintaining the usual threat awareness of Condition Yellow.

That's it. Nothing more needs to be done. There are no other tactically viable options.

What YOU did was FAIL TO MAKE THE FIRST CRITICAL DECISION IN A POTENTIAL LIFE-THREATENING SITUATION. You compounded that failure by actually APPROACHING THE POTENTIAL THREAT!!! I cannot tell you how incredibly dumbphuckitudinal that was! If you were in my recruit class and had done that in a scenario you'd STILL be doing pushups today!!

You NEVER move closer to a potential threat unless you have the ability and opportunity to bring OVERWHELMING FORCE to bear before the threat can move against you.

Last edited by DocRocket; 03/01/12. Reason: fixed the bold type

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Field_Hand

He is paranoid...everyone is out to get him! bwaaahahahaaaaaa

He thinks the government put fluoride in the drinking water for mind control purposes......

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (007FJ, 7mm_Loco, Algotguns, 10gaugemag, 35, Akhutr, 9 invisible), 1,513 guests, and 764 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,564
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.