Campfire Regular
B
I think this will be my next stove.

BP-B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Just got done with a javelina hunt here in AZ...saw temps down to 20 and no problems. A plus is I was using the same fuel canister from the previous 3 trips. I just use mine to boil water for cooking and drinking on one trip where my filter broke in a wilderness and I was drinking boiled water out of green pools (yuck).

I haven't tried cooking with pots yet but my girlfriend loves it for her morning coffee lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dumb question maybe, does the Jetboil ONLY use the Jetboil canisters or will they work with other prop/I-butane mix canisters like MSR's?

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jetboil, Snowpeak, MSR... works with all of them.

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by snubbie
Dumb question maybe, does the Jetboil ONLY use the Jetboil canisters or will they work with other prop/I-butane mix canisters like MSR's?

They work with any one

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thanks. Dang, now I'm interested in this. Just what I need, spend more money.

Gloria In Excelsis Deo!

Originally Posted by Calvin
As far as gear goes.. The poorer (or cheaper) you are, the tougher you need to be.

gpopecustomknives.com

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by docdb
Jet Boil SOL Ti link at Backpacking Light

Be sure and read the whole thread, initially it seems they are talking about a "Hellfire" flame-out from a modified JetBoil SOL Ti, but as you read on, the failure happened on a NON MODIFIED stove. Roger Caffin is the resident stove-master on that forum (no trail dust on Hikin' Jim, either), both are way smarter than me, and his Roger's opinion bears notice. With that said, I've got one of these stoves as do many of you and have used it for awhile with no problems.

Not trying to start an internet war here, just thought some of you might like to read the thread at BPL,
Don
No offense taken here. Roger is the most knowledgeable person that I know of when it comes to stoves. He is a physicist; I am not. If Roger says "physical chemistry does 'X'," then I'd take him at his word.

BPL pulled that thread on the JetBoil for whatever reason.

I've got a blog post up now on [b][u]A problem with the titanium Jetboil[/u][/i][/b]? if anyone is interested. Note that this applies to the [i]titanium version only.

HJ

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
713 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 77 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 1,307 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,688
Posts18,399,775
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.