Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Maverick940
Great mule deer can and do come from every unit in Arizona. Historically, the state of Arizona has produced excellent trophy mule deer, statewide. The geology of Arizona is such that an eye-popping buck can come from just about every unit. With that said, some units are better than others, but a trophy buck can be killed during general rifle seasons if a guy knows what he's doing or goes with someone who knows what they're doing.

On another note, Arizona's unit 12 and unit 13 hold the greatest number of overtly large mule deer and that region of Arizona is probably the best place in North America for an average guy to actually kill an unbelievable buck that would far exceed just about everyone's expectations.

I've hunted and/or photographed mule deer just about everywhere they occur on the North American continent and the units in extreme northern Arizona seem to hold the highest percentage of extraordinarily over-sized bucks.

Thanks for the "heads up" on northern AZ! LMAO!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hey, news is news! <GRIN>

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mudhen

True that! I don't know if y'all knew this or not but the Jicarilla also has some giant mule deer grin

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Amazing!

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I ran into one of the USO big wigs (I forget which one) in Naco at the border. He was taking a chute plane down to Mexico and got hung up by the Mexican official trying to figure out how much to charge on the importation. Got talking to him and apparently he was taking it to a Muley ranch he had where they could use it to find big bucks. Wish we were on the US side, I woulda liked to punch him.
Ethics are not number 1 priority to USO in my opinion. And it is just that, my opinion.

As far as TAGS go, I remember a few years ago, Cabelas thought they were more important that the regular hunter and above the law. They somehow missed th cut off for the AZ draw, and they were still trying to get their clients apps processed. It was all over the net.
Again POS's in my book.

There are some good reasons not to use either!!!

Can't wait to see if I draw an elk tag or not so I can focus on what to apply for during the deer fall draw.

Enrique O. Ramirez
CLAN OF THE BORDER RATS - Member

"..faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.." Hebrews 11:1
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by huntsonora

True that! I don't know if y'all knew this or not but the Jicarilla also has some giant mule deer grin

Every state and province that has a mule deer population has eye-popping bucks. New Mexico is no different than any of the others.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Every state and province that has a mule deer population has eye-popping bucks. New Mexico is no different than any of the others.

Eye-popping? Lmao! You sound like the cover of a Rocky Mountain Game and Fish magazine

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mainland Mexico Pursuant (huntsonora):

Thank you.

Maverick

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Thanks alot azzholes.......I was going to be the only guy smart enough to apply for those AZ tags this year. Now I have to start my research for another sleeper area.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Enrique
I ran into one of the USO big wigs (I forget which one) in Naco at the border. He was taking a chute plane down to Mexico and got hung up by the Mexican official trying to figure out how much to charge on the importation. Got talking to him and apparently he was taking it to a Muley ranch he had where they could use it to find big bucks.
Ethics are not number 1 priority to USO in my opinion. And it is just that, my opinion.

Some years ago Tallman, the CEO, had his outfitter's license suspended here in New Mexico and paid some hefty fines after he was caught spotting game for his guides and hunters from an aircraft. Probably him that you were visiting with...

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Seems funny to me (I may be the only one) that there are folks that are willing to pay someone to not only lead them to the animal, but to make sure that they get their applications in too.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Show me some pics of those Oklahoma eye poppers. I have a feeling I'll be waiting a while.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Raider:

I don't know why you'd be waiting any while to see Oklahoma's varied large deer. I mean, it's supposedly not that far of a drive for you and besides, doesn't take long to investigate it by other means.

Maverick

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I've hunted it many times, and have yet to see any eye popping mule deer there, as per your assessment. You shouldn't be making statements like that unless you can back it up is my point.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JGRaider
I've hunted it many times, and have yet to see any eye popping mule deer there, as per your assessment. You shouldn't be making statements like that unless you can back it up is my point.

Happen to have a copy of a B&C publication?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yep. How many times have you hunted mule deer in OK?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How about how many times has he hunted mule deer, period?

Luck....is the residue of design...
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by JGRaider

Happen to have a copy of a B&C publication?

Have seen the Oklahoma state record, or was the state records a number of years ago. He was a dink, and I would have not turned loose a management hunter to kill him.

Toby Joe

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by ranger1
Seems funny to me (I may be the only one) that there are folks that are willing to pay someone to not only lead them to the animal, but to make sure that they get their applications in too.

+1

No kidding.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
There are some guides that post here that I can see are ethical, hunt hard, and tell the truth.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

397 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 42 invisible), 2,361 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,325
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.