Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Sure can't wait to see some pics of this build I am sure I will need a towel or 2 to wipe up the drool!!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

BP-B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
bump!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Well, given the time frame, I'm guessing the barrel blank should be in in another week or two. Mack - I'm pretty sure I can out-drool ya on this one! And SFC Yates - if you ever decide there are some critters in Alaska that need to fall to a custom 7X57, let me know. Maybe we can put two fine campfire customs to work together.

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
ya know guys... that thought of you two gents being able to do a hunt together is more than enough to make this whole project and effort more than worthwhile...

this is the best time investment I could have made all year ( well at least outside the family.. big year at home for my son graduating high school, his eagle scout earned etc.. I know you'd understand that ...)

bothers me that some of the gears are turning so slow at the immediate moment... of course a rifle build isn't like going down to Walmart or Sportsmans Whorehouse and buy one off the rack either..

on another note, the forum here has the "Turd" people...

is there a "Nerd" type people I should be aware of?
That would probably be more applicable to my sorry fanny... grin

Last edited by Seafire; 02/19/12.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Good things are worth waiting for!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Seafire: I just noticed this thread today (March 3rd 2,012) and the only reason I can think of for my not noticing before is my lack of interest in big bores and the "35" in the title?
Count me in for my share (what ever it is) send me a PM or an E-mail (VarmintGuyaol.com) with my share noted.
On the way out the door to a gunshow right now.
Will check back.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks VG!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yes, thanks VG!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Where are the pictures?

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
They are still waiting on the barrel - I think it was back-ordered. I'm sure there will be some pics once the built gets underway. Thanks again to all who contributed to this!

IC B3

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
right now we are in a holding pattern...

still waiting for some UPS packages to show up.. and we are waiting on Matt, the gunsmith has to move his shop due to local ordinances...

once that happens, I'll ship off the components I have... I didn't want him to have to have more stuff to keep track of, while he has to move an entire shop...

and once he gets ready, he is giving both rigs a priority...

right now, we have

1 action in Colorado, 2 scopes in Oregon on their way being shipped back to me from some custom work being done on them, two barrels blanks waiting to be built in Montana, a stock in South Dakota, a stock in or on its way to Texas, a set of Talley Mounts on the way from Wyoming to Oregon, and action in Oregon...
and some bottom metal just back from some custom work on that also..

and the gunsmith having to move his shop in Colorado...

besides all of those logistics, we are coming along just fine...

once this comes together, we'll have two members with something to be proud of and a forum where the members contributed to a great cause...

then we'll see some pictures...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I just wanted to jump on here and say a big THANK YOU once again to all who have so generously contributed to this project. I am leaving Afghanistan within the week to head home for 2 weeks R&R. As soon as I get the rifle, I'll post up some pics so all can see the finished product!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Godspeed!

=========================================================
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AlaskanMatt
I just wanted to jump on here and say a big THANK YOU once again to all who have so generously contributed to this project. I am leaving Afghanistan within the week to head home for 2 weeks R&R. As soon as I get the rifle, I'll post up some pics so all can see the finished product!

Great news Matt. Glad you are on the way home!

Sam......

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Thanks gents, I can't get there soon enough!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Outstanding news! Woot!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Just read through this thread again for a bit of nostalgia. Thanks again to everyone involved! I have yet to take an animal with the rifle, but it's only a matter of time. Life and work have gotten in the way.

I work six days per week now, at a small flight school. It doesn't pay much, but I get free flight lessons! I am rebuilding a Piper PA-20, and it will be half mine when I hang an engine on it. Once I get that task accomplished and get skilled enough to take it "out there", moose and bears beware!

Happy Easter everyone, and once again: THANK YOU!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Great to hear back from you! You are missed around these parts.

Post when you can, and go kill a big one!

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Matt,

Thanks for checking in.. I have been wondering how you are doing for the last few weeks, not hearing from you...

Glad to hear you got a plan and are working it toward a worthwhile goal...

as far as the rifle project, I am sure I speak for all who were involved, but in a major or minority capacity.. I was a real pleasure for each of us...

My motto for your project and the others we were able to accomplish, came from a statement from forum member Steve 7x57...Best money/Time I've will spend all year...

Thank you for allowing us to do something of appreciation for you.. and thank you for your service to our country...

God's Blessings to you and your family
Best regards
john chr.
seafire

addendum: your 'checking in' made my day there guy!

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
453 members (1Longbow, 300jimmy, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 49 invisible), 2,202 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,110
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.