Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That is awesome Paul! I will throw in some .308 bullets to go along with the brass someone offered up.

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

BP-B6

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
And a lee single stage...brass and bullets mean more with a press...grin

"What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms." (Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a Lee Perfect Powder Measure and a Lee Safety Scale I'll donate to the cause.

Tell me where to send them.

I know they aren't top flight gear but both served me very well for many years and the PPM in particular works pretty darn well.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'll also donate Accurate Powder reloading manual #1 if that is wanted.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Paul,

I'll donate a couple of boxes of factory loads to the cause.... God knows I've more than I'll ever used... smile Feel free to remind me if I lose track of this thread... Also have a scope mount I can contribute... smile

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is awesome of you guys.

The fire helped me get a rifle a in 2010. My family does not hunt, though my dad supports me in my endeavor's.

I have a unknown brand soft camo case that say's Made in USA (So you know it is good wink) that is 48 x 8. I bought it to carry my 22lr but I bought a shorter more suitable one.

Let me know if you want to add it to the package.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
Alright gents. Here's the deal. I've been looking at all the stuff I've accumulated over the years and all the stuff i keep buying/selling/bartering and realize I'm pretty blessed! so, I've been thinking that it's time to share what i have with someone who DESERVES it. We've done this in the past and it's normally at Christmas. well I believe that a kid should be able to use the gun a bit before hunting so....

I'm offering up a Browning BLR 308 WIN that has NEVER been fired (least i can't remember shooting it?). Does have some safe dings from the gremlins in the vault but is in more than decent condition.

What i ask of you all is to identify a deserving child who would like to go hunting but who's family doesn't have the means to buy a rifle and tags for them. i will supply the rifle, FREE of charge to them. The only thing i ask in return is pictures posted here on the fire of said child going hunting with the rifle! with their parents permission of coarse.

The economy sucks and so does the job market. I know that one of you out there knows of a kid with the desire but not the financial ability. So, i would like the fire to give away my rifle! You all pick and then tell me who and where to send this to!!!

Maybe some of y'all will join in on it and provide some other stuff that a needing kid could use?

here's the rifle...

[Linked Image]

remember, the fire decides who gets this, not me!

You Sir. You are the reason why the United States is the greatest nation in the world.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Awesome idea Paul! Whoever gets this will need to spend some time at the range before taking it in the woods to get it sighted in. I'm in Afghanistan, so mail is a bit too slow, but if someone can give me a Paypal address and is willing to handle a funds transfer I'll be happy to cover some range fees, and some factory ammo in case the recipient doesn't hand-load yet.

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Alright gents. Here's the deal. I've been looking at all the stuff I've accumulated over the years and all the stuff i keep buying/selling/bartering and realize I'm pretty blessed! so, I've been thinking that it's time to share what i have with someone who DESERVES it. We've done this in the past and it's normally at Christmas. well I believe that a kid should be able to use the gun a bit before hunting so....

I'm offering up a Browning BLR 308 WIN that has NEVER been fired (least i can't remember shooting it?). Does have some safe dings from the gremlins in the vault but is in more than decent condition.

What i ask of you all is to identify a deserving child who would like to go hunting but who's family doesn't have the means to buy a rifle and tags for them. i will supply the rifle, FREE of charge to them. The only thing i ask in return is pictures posted here on the fire of said child going hunting with the rifle! with their parents permission of coarse.

The economy sucks and so does the job market. I know that one of you out there knows of a kid with the desire but not the financial ability. So, i would like the fire to give away my rifle! You all pick and then tell me who and where to send this to!!!

Maybe some of y'all will join in on it and provide some other stuff that a needing kid could use?

here's the rifle...

[Linked Image]

remember, the fire decides who gets this, not me!

Good on ye, Paul!

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I might have Leupold low mounts- can't remember if I sold them with the BLR I had. I'll check tomorrow.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
This is just awesome... I know some deserving kids... at the same time, guys in this forum have already donated a 22 LR and a 22 LR 10/22 action for some of these kids we know locally...

all via the Scout Troop...

at the same time, I don't want to see a stray family member sneak in and steal it, to go down and hawk for a few bucks to spend on meth..

the forum has already been generous to a couple of good kids... so I am glad to see this tradition passing on...

Paul, you deserve the thank you and salute of the day...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
I haven't read all six pages, the first was enough. I have a set of Lachmiller Engineering small base dies that if needed/wanted I will throw in. A little old but work like a charm still and some brass laying around. PM me when the time comes. Ed.

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've got a couple boxes of 150 grain TSX's to add to the pot.

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cptenca
I have a Simmons 8-point 3-9x40 scope, used but works that I will add

Thank you sir! well done!!

Folks, looks like we have a scope to go with it!

I don't know what kind of base you would put on that rifle, but if it would work with Burris Signature Z medium rings, I have a set to donate to allow that scope to be mounted.

PM me where if they are appropriate.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
This is just awesome... I know some deserving kids... at the same time, guys in this forum have already donated a 22 LR and a 22 LR 10/22 action for some of these kids we know locally...

all via the Scout Troop...

at the same time, I don't want to see a stray family member sneak in and steal it, to go down and hawk for a few bucks to spend on meth..

the forum has already been generous to a couple of good kids... so I am glad to see this tradition passing on...

Paul, you deserve the thank you and salute of the day...

Seafire,
If you know of a kid please let the forum know! I know that there are members on here that work with youth and know of a deserving kid/family. I know there are members on here who have kids that are deserving. who, for one reason or another, just can't make it happen too. Don't be ashamed to nominate your kid/grand kid/niece/nephew.

You folks are the reason i put this up on the forum! i couldn't afford to donate all the stuff needed to get a child in the woods but as a whole we can make a positive change in a kids life! It's the people on here who make the difference!

Thank you all for your generosity!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Winnie1300
That is awesome of you guys.

The fire helped me get a rifle a in 2010. My family does not hunt, though my dad supports me in my endeavor's.

I have a unknown brand soft camo case that say's Made in USA (So you know it is good wink) that is 48 x 8. I bought it to carry my 22lr but I bought a shorter more suitable one.

Let me know if you want to add it to the package.

Folks, This right here is what it's all about!!!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Alright gents,

Looks like we have, Rifle, Sling, Scope, Bases, Rings, Press, Brass, Dies, bullets, Powder Measure, scale, manual, Case, ammo, hunting knife and money for range fees all offered up.

I don't do the Pay-Pal thing so maybe whoever has the kid identified for us will be willing to take pay-pal gifts for them to pay range fees?

I was only hoping to get y'all to help me with a kid to send this rifle to. This place is amazing in the generosity of it's members! Thank you all!

Let's get this in the hands of someone who will appreciate it for a lifetime!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
If no-one else sends in a nomination, there might be a kid in my church back home who could use it. I'll ask my wife if the family is still struggling. I was thinking of my brother-in-law, but his boys are all too young for anything but a .22 right now.

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds good! let us know. would love to get this in the mail to someone...

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I just asked my wife to find out today in church - I'll let you know.

Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
471 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 41 invisible), 2,478 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,955
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.