That be the one!

“Factio democratica delenda est"
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by stillbeeman
I've used them shooting from a bench and for precision shooting they are an aid. Especially since you're not in a hurry. I can't imagine dicking around with one of them whilst shooting at game.

I can't imagine taking a long shot at game without taking the time to do the best to make sure its right. Long is not the time to hurry.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by FTR_Shooter
I have this one on both of my FTR match rifles:

[Linked Image]

I installed on on the Picatinny rail on the left hand side. So, when I aim with my right eye, I can see the anti-cant device with my left eye without moving. It's $23 at MidwayUSA.

I've used this one by B-Square for a number of years on my rifles with Picatinny bases. My off side eye easily watches the bubble while my shooting eye watches the reticle.

Rifles that don't have a picatinny base get a scope tube mounted bubble.

Alan

Last edited by GSSP; 02/24/12.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Not to make an attempt at reviving a dead thread but...Flatline Ops makes a very nice but very expensive level in both an articulating (swing out) model and a fixed model. The articulating model has fine adjustments for both positions of the level. Very nice machining. Most are tube mounted but one model replaces the top half of a Mark 4 ring as well. You can add an arm to mount an ADI or Cosine indicator from the mount. I prefer the rail mount for the ADI myself. Flatline Ops is worth looking at if you appreciate nice fit and finish.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
This is the O.P.

A member here was nice enough to send me a ScopLevel he wasn't using. (Thanks again.) I also ordered the Sinclair offset level. I mounted the ScopLevel on a T3 270. (I thought that the plastic level would go well with the plastic rifle!) I mounted the Sinclair on my Kimber Montana in 308. I know these aren't long range rigs to most, but I shot them at to 5 and 6 often.

My first impression was that I don't know how durable the ScopLevel will be due to the plastic construction. The Sinclair level is aluminum and would seem to be more robust, plus, it has a lower profile.

Yesterday I shot both rifles with the levels. On the Kimber I have a 2.8-8 Leupold. If I mount the level in front of the front scope ring, part of the level is blocked be the turret. So I put the level behind the turret. This brought the level so close to my eye, it was hard FOR ME to focus on (I have really bad eyes.) Usable, but it's going to take some getting used to. If I had a scope with a little more length, I could mount the level in front of the turrets, and I think it would work much better for me.

The ScopLevel pivots up when ready to shoot. It doesn't look as sturdy at all. I'd be afraid it might catch on something and break, but in use, it was a lot easier for me to see.

They both work as advertised and are a big help in keeping my rifle level.

Thanks for the help.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
IC B2

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
I use the Holland offering on my 30mm tube. It is built laike a tank and looks very nice to boot.

WS

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Does anyone make one that attaches to the muzzle and is offset to the side? If the scope base isn't level than it won't work. There are up to 3 things to work with, bases, rings and scope to get lined up and level vs one on the muzzle.

Last edited by ba_50; 03/07/12.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

542 members (01Foreman400, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,319 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,660
Posts18,455,690
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.