Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I will put a hundred dollar bill that the G7 will out do the leica geovids every time. I owned the HD geovids and they wernt reliable in all weather conditions. If it was foggy or misting rain or raining they would not range. So far i have not had these issues with the G7. I would give Aaron and Mike a call and I bet they would let you try one out. Only complaint with mine is it is a tad slow ranging but not overly slow. FWIW I have no affiliations with Gunwerks/G7. I have bought and paid for all of my stuff from them. They have the best customer service I have delt with.

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
After watching their show a couple times, I'm afraid I couldn't have a phone conversation with either of the Davidsons for fear I'd tell them just how big of idiots they are. IMO, they're first rate douchebags!

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
After watching their show a couple times, I'm afraid I couldn't have a phone conversation with either of the Davidsons for fear I'd tell them just how big of idiots they are. IMO, they're first rate douchebags!

GW, I haven't seen the show, but do understand how people can disagree with their methods of hunting. but here is the deal as I see it. in this industry if you look at where the money is going and where the real product development is going in the firearms and shooting industry its all going to the tactical market and geared toward 20 something year olds.

these guys are at least trying to give us better more capable hunting products. they are one of the very few doing it and I have to commend them if nothing else then for that. look at leupold and bushnell, they develop or sorts of new products for the tactical market, like the 34 and 35mm tubed scopes, IMO not needed even for the tactical people. But what products are specific to long range hunting??? None by those companies. we have to cobble together a system that works for us rather than having it all in one. graybull is another outfit offering us specific products. notice how leupold was not the one that came up with the reticle graybull uses. Their focus is tactical, its just a bigger market. my point is don't hate on those trying to help us

Last edited by cumminscowboy; 12/23/11.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They'd still be douchebags even if they never had a thing to do with the "long range shooting" industry.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The BR2 does have most of the needed features. It is a little bit limited by the 5 profiles that you are able to put in. I would have to see just how flexible it was to field programming.

Looks like it might work pretty well for 95% of us. I would like to see some real world reviews from people that don't have their heads up Aaron Davidson's a$$.

Until then, I am going to keep an open mind but don't count on me drinking any koolaid anytime soon.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

IC B2

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
GreatWapiti that's pretty harsh considering you have never talked to either one of them. Give them a call and talk to them I bet you will change your mind. Have you ever talked to Jim Shockey? Now he is a arrogant d bag. Aaron and Mike are very professional and will talk to you as long as you have questions. They will answer emails in the same day and sometimes within minutes of sending. Not many douchbags I know will be that professional. They have brought a lot of great things to the table for long range enthusiast and aren't affraid to try new and better things. Their guns might be overpriced but they will flat out shoot tiny groups hot or cold dirty or clean bore. They are the most consistant guns I have ever shot. The first 800 yard group I have ever shot period with my Gunwerks was 7 inches. Sometimes you just can't judge a book by its cover. A lot of people don't like what they are doing marketing long range to everybody and I agree but people should practice and know their limitations. There are a lot and I mean a lot of so called hunters that have no business shooting 100 yards and I think we both will agree on that. Some people like coke some like Pepsi is either one right. It's all about personal prefence.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Dennis that's all I'm asking is for people to keep a open mind and just give them a chance to try it. I would send you mine but I've only played with it for a week. But I am impressed. Give me a few more weeks to play with it and ill send it to you to try out and post a review. I am limited with it use here in Indiana. Give me a call or PM me. I am not blowing smoke.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

hi joelbiltz,

Your not comparing apple to apple, Zeiss, Swaro, Leica and even Bushnell Fusion are not range finder but binos combined with range finder; that's not the same story. If Leica or Zeiss want to make such thing they can. Have you ever look through a Leica Vector...If you know military or police "pro long range guys" ask them lot of them use such rig. The combo binos are first binos to observe then RF. The G7 is pure RF and don't tell me it's as good as the other to observe....and that is even close when light is dim.

Merry Christmas.
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I never once said it was better for observing or using them as a bino which they are not. I simply stated that as a rangefinder it is about as good of a unit there is for long range shooters. I will still be getting a Swaro EL range but the G7 Br2 dose a lot of things that any other rangefinder can not do. I was not comparing rangefinding Binos to the BR2. Thanks.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Did anyone get the new Swarovski for Christmas?

IC B3

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by dryflyelk

Also, why in the world did Swaro let these come out with the minimum range so high? I tried ranging a bunch of stuff in the store and most of it wouldn't register because of the closer distance. It's true that most of the time if something is under 30 yards I wouldn't need the rangefinder anyway, but I might. I also shoot archery tournaments where every yard is very important. Handicapping the EL range that way sucks.

DAMN!!!! That's a killer for me, as I need these to work for archery as well. Of all the reading I've done on these, can't believe I failed to see that their minimum range is 30yds. Just won't work.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Fisky

Also, why in the world did Swaro let these come out with the minimum range so high? I tried ranging a bunch of stuff in the store and most of it wouldn't register because of the closer distance. It's true that most of the time if something is under 30 yards I wouldn't need the rangefinder anyway, but I might. I also shoot archery tournaments where every yard is very important. Handicapping the EL range that way sucks.

DAMN!!!! That's a killer for me, as I need these to work for archery as well. Of all the reading I've done on these, can't believe I failed to see that their minimum range is 30yds. Just won't work.

I don't see that as a show stopper for archery. my top pin is 25 yards. shoot a faster bow if 30 yards is too much distance for your top pin.

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
Originally Posted by Fisky

I don't see that as a show stopper for archery. my top pin is 25 yards. shoot a faster bow if 30 yards is too much distance for your top pin.

I'm sure your right and it'd work out OK, but I'm not comfortable with not knowing the ranges I'm shooting at. Most of my shots are under 30yds as well, so it makes no sense to have my top pin at 30. And I certainly won't buy a 2 cam bow to accommodate a rangefinder that was designed piss poorly.

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
I did - WOW WOW! they are awesome. truley great in every way. just sold my pair of Geovid HD's and dont miss them a bit

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I would like a pair too. Of course I need a NULA MODEL 28 IN 300 win with a Swaro Z6i 2.5-15X44 BT- 4A-I too.

Time spent hunting is not deducted from one's lifetime.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Wow.... That worried about if you can range under 30 yards, I to shoot archery shoots that you can use range finders and they have never had more than one target under 30 yard, and also most single cam bows today have enough FPS to obtain one pin from 0-30 easily and if you can't judge a target distance from 0-30 then you obviously don't go anywhere without a range finder strapped to your hand and you should practice ALOT without one I mean ALOT. and if the selling point on a range finder for you is if it will range less than 30 yards then you should get a 500 dollar range finder so you can range that crucial 22 yard shot that in all actuality you should be able to make any day of the week under any circumstances wih a single pin, as far as the new sworo EL range bino's I bought a set and they are incredible and I have ranged targets from that.... Crucial must have a range finder or else What will I ever do cause I don't practice enough range of 30 yards all the way out to 1700 yards .. Yes I said 1700 yards, 1702 to be exact and they are very fast and accurate and I would tell anybody that wants a bino/rangefinder combo to check these out they far surpass the Leica and zeiss by a land slide and there glass is the best in the business.

"live to hunt hunt to live"
K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
I presently use Swaro 10x42 EL binos and a Leica CLR1200 rangefinder for bowhunting, shooting a 283 fps Hoyt Carbon Element. I'd buy the Swaro combo bino-rangefinder if it ranged down to 20 yds. A 33 yd minimum is a deal breaker for me. I like to know how far out 20 yds and 30 yds is when sitting a tree stand waiting on a grizzly, whitetail, etc. I spot and stalked a nice black bear last fall, shooting him at 29 yards. It was great to know the yardage exactly, not having to deal with a "no-reading" result under the pressure of the hunt. Sometimes my system has too much adrenalin to deal with stuff that isn't simple when the moment of truth arrives.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by waknstak
Wow.... That worried about if you can range under 30 yards, I to shoot archery shoots that you can use range finders and they have never had more than one target under 30 yard, and also most single cam bows today have enough FPS to obtain one pin from 0-30 easily and if you can't judge a target distance from 0-30 then you obviously don't go anywhere without a range finder strapped to your hand and you should practice ALOT without one I mean ALOT. and if the selling point on a range finder for you is if it will range less than 30 yards then you should get a 500 dollar range finder so you can range that crucial 22 yard shot that in all actuality you should be able to make any day of the week under any circumstances wih a single pin, as far as the new sworo EL range bino's I bought a set and they are incredible and I have ranged targets from that.... Crucial must have a range finder or else What will I ever do cause I don't practice enough range of 30 yards all the way out to 1700 yards .. Yes I said 1700 yards, 1702 to be exact and they are very fast and accurate and I would tell anybody that wants a bino/rangefinder combo to check these out they far surpass the Leica and zeiss by a land slide and there glass is the best in the business.

Should've put some of that money toward getting your GED..

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Friggin' Jeez!

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Any additional experience with these out there?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

97 members (6mmbrfan, 14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,560 guests, and 778 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,517
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.