Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Bye the looks of some of that rusty sh...t they pull out, I do not think they worry too much about their guns!

GB1

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by diamondjim
Originally Posted by ingwe
From the time a gator is hooked, the sidekick picks up a rifle to shoot it, and it finally gets shot after all the staged tugging, Ive counted as many as four different rifles in the shooters hands...
The editors must think no one is paying attention.

I have noticed that as well. I have seen that one of the boats had at least two separate gun cases. Backups, I suppose.

It is entertaining to watch though. I like the two brothers.... cool

Ditto on this...

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
I've been watching old episodes on netflix (too cheap and stubborn to pay for cable...) so some of these characters must be new.

I know I am getting tempted to buy a SS marlin 60 after watching the older shows. The one thing I'm amazed is seeing Juniour pulling out a very nice in shape ruger 77 w/ a leupold scope occasionally, but everything else is just rusted and nasty.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
I like the weight "estimates" the announcer provides for the various gators. He might be the same guy who invented the Pennsylvania "deer-weight tape."

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
I like the weight "estimates" the announcer provides for the various gators. He might be the same guy who invented the Pennsylvania "deer-weight tape."

Yea... those 600 pound gators being pulled in by 2 guys leaning over the side don't seem realistic for jon boat hull designs...
But maybe those LA guys are a lot tougher than me and my MN walleye boat ;-)

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I saw the two women pulling the "800 pound" gator into their boat, I was thinking either those women are really, really strong, or the conversion works out something like 800 pound Cajun = 200 pound Imperial.

Even though I only get cable when travelling, swamp people is probably my favorite show. The violate pretty much every rule of safe boating and gun handling, but are very entertaining.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I was thinking the entire gun had to be submerged to fire, with the air being trapped in the barrel I figured it would cause the gun to blow up? Learn something new.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
The two women have no business calling themselves gator hunters. Why, on one episode I heard the one with the gator on the line telling the one with the gun to take her time and wait for the right shot. smile

It's almost as bad as that new crew on (we never use an) Ax Men where the guys treat each other in a civil manner.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Bryant
didn't one of the guys actually shoot his son on accident? I think it was willie and junior.

IIRC, Willie got zapped by some bone "shrapnel" from a gator's skull.

Junior's a fairly smooth looking guy. Willie, on the other hand, looks just like his Mom... shocked

And she's a hard looking ole Cajun gal, probably tough as nails. She could probably whoop Junior and Willie... laugh

DF

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
One can only speculate on the joy that Willie was in the classroom.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Now that's funny raht thar!

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
I guess it's that snaggletooth grin that sets him apart... smile

DF

H
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
[quote=Bryant]

And she's a hard looking ole Cajun gal, probably tough as nails. She could probably whoop Junior and Willie... laugh

DF

I thnk you may have stumbled onto a business opportunity here for single guys going to LA and hoping to get some action... You could serve as a "guide" and " wingman" to keep them from tangling with something they can't handle!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Now that's funny raht thar!

Yep...I don't believe Willie will be late for any Mensa meetings.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Like the show, but the way the rifles are neglected and mistreated rubs me up the wrong way. Applying a bit of oil isn't that hard, and, disposable or not, you get longer life and reliability out of your firearm.

Last edited by DBT; 03/11/12.
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Now
junior is toting a mini-14 with scope. Looks out of place compared to the other rust traps.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Esox357
Suprised they haven't blown up any of the guns by pushing the barrel into the water and firing? I'm sure its a matter of time. Good show though. I like listening to Troy.

Shooot, shooot.... shooot!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

614 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 67 invisible), 2,754 guests, and 1,203 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,037
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.