-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
B
B
Just did this with a left/left savage action. My FFL did the paper work to ATF regs,it came from the factory custom shop as "un-designated," to be used as a pistol build. If I go by there I'll get a copy and see what he included.

The custom shop at savage knew what to send for ffl, very helpful people. The ffl called and confirmed with TWO district offices just to make sure his paper work was correct.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by brushies
The ffl called and confirmed with TWO district offices just to make sure his paper work was correct.
I don't know how many f*cking times I have to repeat this, A F*CKING TELEPHONE CALL DOES NOT QUALIFY AS A LEGALLY BINDING DETERMINATION. IT IS WORTH EXACTLY WHAT IT COSTS TO TALK TO SOMEONE -- NOTHING. I'm happy your "ffl called and confirmed with TWO district offices just to make sure his paper work was correct." However, it ain't worth sh*t and should NOT be passed around as "proof" of anything other than your source has the ability to possibly use a telephone and you have the ability to post about it on an internet forum.

If you have "proof" that further clarifies a section of the '68 GCA, then get it IN WRITING ON AN OFFICIAL BATFE LETTERHEAD FROM THE BATFE'S LEGAL DEPARTMENT. Otherwise, don't post it here.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Originally Posted by safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted by Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have noted that on this website there are people who hold themselves out to be experts of all the complex rules regarding shipments of firearms.
Insofar as I have been able to determine NONE of these people are employees of the BATF, licensed import/export agents or attorneys with "standing" before any Federal/state/local court. Just a "heads up" that the advice you get from somebody on the Internet is worth about as much as you pay for it. Should you run afoul of some Federal, state, county, city or even village law, the person you got the great advice from will not be standing there in court next to you or sharing your cell. Both Gunbroker.com and the BATF websites have a lot of good info but if you live in a whacko state or city, using a licensed dealer to handle your all your shipments may well be worth the added expense. Back when I lived in New York state, all my shipments went through an FFL although not required by law. At $30 a pop it was a lot cheaper than one hour of my attorney's fees. Now that I live in "free state", it's not a real concern. The law says "moderns" can be shipped by an individual to an FFL, incoming must come to an FFL, but that's the basic Federal law.
There are many, many more bells and whistles depending what it is, where you are and where it's going. Ignorance of the law(s) is no excuse and being able to "cut and paste" from a BATF website does not make you an expert. Just my $.02. Thanks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Who are you today Larry... the old geriatric [bleep] or the ole [bleep] with hot flashes suffering menopause... Appears to be the latter...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nope just a member trying to help other members from getting into trouble.
I'm always happy to be of assistance in pointing out potential pot holes to people who may be mislead into believing that everything on the Internet is factual. There are actually folks who believe that someone who can cut and paste sections of documents from various usgov websites actually has any real experience or expertise in what they are talking about. It is especially troubling to me that people handing out this unofficial advice will not even reveal their actual identity. Taking that type of information as gospel is rather like consulting with your gunsmith on brain surgery. I prefer to get my information from experienced dealers that actually hold FFL augmented by sound legal advice from attrorneys who have actually dealt in cases involving shipment of firearms.

Sorry to hear about your menopause issues, try hormone injections. May be able to ""git er up" again.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Larry... Duane... Roger... Karen... Sybil... irregardless of the name you use, you're still the same old gender confused, paranoid delusional geriatric TROLL.

Laughable how you now claim to be here to "Help the membership". Extremely telling of your true "character" (lack there of) that you find it necessary to continually circumvent Rick Bin's wishes for you to be gone from his website by adding numerous screen names for the sole intent and purpose to TROLL a site where you are neither wanted nor offer ANYTHING of real use and value to the membership, other than Brownells number...

You live your pathetic excuse of an existence vicariously through Gun Rags and books and then claim and spew them as if it were first hand experience, yet it is something you've only read and never done. I'll grant you that you're a plethora of antiquated and useless knowledge.

You've been banned here multiple times and have multiple user names and even claim to be your wife from time to time! You've done the same thing on many other Forums, and have been banned from them as well ... (SnipersHide, Optics Talk, ARAIG, just to name a few...)

You have lied about being a "Fighter Pilot", combat service, heroism, etc. and were outed as the liar and despicable poser that you are.

You absolutely love flapping your gums and opening your diseased cock holster calling people liars and trolls... That's about all you have left to tickle your vagina, and soon that will be over...

You have to stroke your pathetic and imbecilic persona on the Internet as you've failed miserably at life and don't get the attention you crave at home... 70 years of useless existence and this is how you chooses to make a name for yourself...

Utterly pathetic...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fosteology

What is your purpose on this site. Is it to go to each and every thread and show everyone that you know how to swear and put down people. Have you ever once written about the merits of the post instead of using Ad Hominem arguments. Do you have any conception whatsoever of what truth is?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
FOst has done more good for people on this site than most.
He recently GAVE a very nice rifle to the young son of a servicemember.

His post above is in response to the post of a many times banned member of this forum who continually disregards the wishes of the OWNER of this site that he stay away.
This member pretends to be others, signs up under numerous names and generally behaves as a child.
This member deserves every bit of scorn he receives.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by nsaqam
FOst has done more good for people on this site than most.
He recently GAVE a very nice rifle to the young son of a servicemember.

His post above is in response to the post of a many times banned member of this forum who continually disregards the wishes of the OWNER of this site that he stay away.
This member pretends to be others, signs up under numerous names and generally behaves as a child.
This member deserves every bit of scorn he receives.

And the Owner told you his wishes? How does one get in contact with the owner?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
At the bottom of every single page here there is a link to Rick Bin, the owner of this site.

When the owner bans someone from here, and he's the only one who can do that, it makes it abundantly clear what the wishes of the owner are.

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I am certainly not saying that I think Mr. Bin has done anything wrong. But I would add that being the owner doesn't make the decisions made by the owner right, just like being a dictator doesn't make everything the dictator does right.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
22WRF
This is absolutely his private "house" and he can do absolutely anything he wants... We are here only as his guests and subject to an eject button at his whim. When someone gets the eject button and works one of the angles to get around said button they are breaking several laws.

Obviously there is a fine line between opening things to everyone and having to keep the bad ones out... But bad ones interfer with his ability to sell advertising as they interfer with his ability to attract readers.

Individuals like you do nothing to increase the marketability of this site. Quite the contrary... people leave because of posters like you, on a regular basis. Why not try to add something of value sometime?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well said SD.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Well, I am certainly not saying that I think Mr. Bin has done anything wrong. But I would add that being the owner doesn't make the decisions made by the owner right, just like being a dictator doesn't make everything the dictator does right.

You have committed the inexcusable free classified crime of owner dictator association by using the word dictator in the same line as Rick Bin and compromising the illuminati SYSOP's rule over this web forum. The free classified hall monitor sentences you to be referenced only as dictater from here out forward.....

If 'ya can't put hot sauce on it, it ain't worth eat'n....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sitka Deer

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think its the other way around. I have purchased many items from businesses who advertize on this site. I have made at least three purchases from CameraLand, which I believe advertizes here. I have made purchases from Kimber and Zeiss and Swarovski,and Midway USA, which I believe advertize here. And I will keep supporting those who advertize here when I need something they sell.

Hope you are doing the same.

The value I am trying to add is to point out to people that they need not talk about an issue by attacking the other person just as you are doing here.

I wonder what advertizers would say about a thread like this one, or any thread where there is a lot of swearing and putting down people.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...lat/Number/6564446/gonew/1/FS_gun#UNREAD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
22WRF
Clearly, you are as informed about advertising as you are everything else in life...

Just how does a company quantify anonymous fantasy purchases? Those are pretty rich transactions for a youngster... Or did you just buy the T-shirts?

If you consider my first post an attack I suggest it is time for you to put on your big girl panties... You are not going to change anyones attitude about anything except yourself, and that has taken a turn South. It has almost no chance of rising.

Funny thing is I get the feeling I am actually talking to Larry Root here because he argues just like you and makes exactly no positive contributions... just like you.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can just about guarantee that Larry has been in touch with 22WRF.
They are two sides of the same coin.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 22WRF
Do you have any conception whatsoever of what truth is?

What have I lied about Kevin? What "truth" are you referring to??

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"Just how does a company quantify anonymous fantasy purchases? Those are pretty rich transactions for a youngster... Or did you just buy the T-shirts?"

I agree. They are pretty rich for a youngster, but I am not a youngster.

Fosteology

I didn't say you lied. I am talking more about epistemology and the central problems of the nature of truth. I am not saying this is you, but there are many folks that believe something is true based on custom, tradition, time, feelings, instinct, hunches, intuition, revelation, majority rule, general consensus, naivety, pragmatism, and other pathways. And it could be that when of these tests is applied to a theory the theory could be true, which strengthens the idea that the method for testing is relevant. But in the long run, none of these ideas really proves truth.

However, many of these ideas are what are used here on 24 hour to advance ideas as truth. They get bound up in these material fallacies of reasoning that I often speak about, such as linguistic fallacies, and fallacies of irrelevant evidence such as Ad Hominem arguments and Ad Ignorantiam arguments, and Ad Popullum arguments.

Some of these arguments that I see here on 24 hour are so far out in left field it ins't even funny.

It really doesn't matter though. I am not stupid enough to believe I can change the minds of people who don't know any better. Not even close.

You keep calling me Kevin. May I have your first name, please?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Man you are just heading down the path to them banning you. once NSAQAM is on your case, you are toast. He must have photos of Bin doing something in a public restroom as he controls him 100%.

They are FOOLs ! There is no point in debating with them. They are immune to any reasonable discussion. Once they decide to HATE you, they will do ANYTHING they can to get your butt sacked.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

609 members (1936M71, 12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 70 invisible), 2,767 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,536
Posts18,453,048
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.