Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Hi Paal,

Was with my friend Jorund in Germany 15 days ago and we spoke of that. The problem with politicians every where in the world is they can only forbid and tax. I hope their will also prohibit the fertilisers, gaz can and other products that can be easily converted...In France it's the same thing. It remind be of the greeks who made a trial to the knife they use to sacrify the oxen. Easier to ban tools than control fools.
Dom

Experience is a lantern, carried in our back, only lightening already walked path. (Confucius)
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Writing frog
Can you expand on why the R8 is safer than the 93 wondering if I need to upgrade to a R8?

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Have tried Semperito once and din't like it. At least for the money it cost. But new Verney Carron menthioned by Written frog was good and deserve attention. Same time having R93 already over 10 years do not see reason for change. Only weakness of R93 is lack of magazine...but with it you can live...LOL

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Why do you need a fast shooting gun for running game unless there are several critters running together? You just need an accurate gun and lots of practice at moving targets

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There are several critters running at the same time: stag herds, wild boar packs ...

And even with practice, sprinting games in front of the hounds are hard to properly hit.

Practicing (not mentioning the lack of training facilities), you shoot the target always at the same range, keeping its heading and speed, on flat ground with the same perpandicular trajectory, protected from weather conditions ... which never occurs in real hunting.

Va t'in tch�re !
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
In country where I live hunting is mainly driven hunt with dogs and beaters...if from forrest on narrow line will run out 10 wild boar you need fast gun to call out as many you can...and the second and even better reason...if wounded and stopped by dogs over 300 lb wild boar will attack you in coppice the fast gun is the best friend you can have grin

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
I have plenty of experience running dogs for deer in Florida and have always found a bolt action fine for that even with shooting 2 deer in front of the dogs. I was just wondering if it was multiple animals. Admittedly my experience in driven hunts is limited to deer in front of dogs and they are usually not running flat out and will often times stop to listen to see where the dogs are. It would be fun to go on a mixed bag driven hunt.

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Neat looking gun,not sure what it would do better than a 760/7600 but at any rate it is cool. Odd that in Europe you have many restrictions that we in America find ridiculous but yet we can't use suppressors while hunting!?

Keep your powder dry and stay frosty my friends.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
To Pacecars: Know Florida terrain, my friend is living in fort lauderdale. Haven't hunt there yet...probably next time when will visit him cool
To brinkey: europeans are less gun loony's then you guy's
in America and the suppressor is not only what is in some countries on backlisted. Probably from 2013 in Estonia where I'm living will be limitaion to semi-auto guns...you can have only
2 ammo in magazine sick.
Today we have limitations: normal bolt action or semi-auto can have magazine max 3 ammos...
minimum caliber for "large animals" (started from wild boar)
6x5mm and bullet from 140gr sick

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by brinky72
Odd that in Europe you have many restrictions that we in America find ridiculous but yet we can't use suppressors while hunting!?

It's ok for us to use suppressors BUT we cannot own two rifles of the same caliber, we have to have a competency certificate (open book written exam after lectures and a practical shoot) to own a firearm: sorry, what I meant to say was we need a competency certificate for each of the following; a handgun, bolt action rifle, shotgun, black powder rifle, etc. I am registered to conduct business in hunting which means I may own more than 4 (yes FOUR) firearms, but I also need a competency certificate to conduct business in hunting sick sick mad confused crazy

Firearms for personal use have licenses that are valid for 10 years, so after every 10 years I have to renew all those again. Firearms for business purposes have to be renewed every 5 years. Within the next 2 years I will have to appoint someone just to look at the renewals that need to be done.... sick

I have a suppressor for the 22 that works really great and I intend on keeping it.

IC B3

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
For suppressors; Is there a license, tax etc required. I know you CAN get one here but the limitations make it more of a pain in the azz than what it's worth. I could get one and with my background I know it wouldn't be that difficult but I would want to use it for hunting and I believe that is a no no. It seems more acceptable in Europe that here. Everyone here thinks that you're going to assassinate someone thanks to Hollywood. Maybe I will do some digging into it and make it a project. There was a gunwriter in one of the rags I read that had a suppressed bolt rifle in 6mm Creedmoor (based on a necked down 6.5 Creedmoor) That would be a fun little gun and easy on the ears.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Back to the rifle. How strong is the action? I would assume with the reputable name it is of stout construction but does it compare to a bolt or single shot as far as reloading concerns? It's a very classy looking rig and in 9.3x62 I can't imagine a better rifle for thick cover bear and deer thumper. What was the price tag? 2,000 Euros? What is that in dollars now that Greece is defaulting? Any hope for a good exchange rate?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For suppressors; Is there a license, tax etc required.

Nope. Cash at the gun dealer. Only thing he is interested in is the diameter of the barrel and if you have front sights or not. It is available in a number of calibers, starting at the 22 and up to a 308 I saw the other day. Some you have to have a thread cut in the barrel and some come with an adaptor. When I shoot subsonics in the 22 we have ages of fun shooting doves and francolin from a bow blind without disturbing the game. Well game that is not right at the blind anyway.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
2,000 Euros? What is that in dollars now that Greece is defaulting? Any hope for a good exchange rate?

2000 euros is not the price of the semprio. Depending on the finish options, IIRC, the standard rifle's MRSP (without scope mount) is above 3000 euros. Maybe you can get one reduced at 2500 + mount, it would cost more than 3500 USD + export costs.

Don't you have Krieghoff dealers in the US ?

Va t'in tch�re !
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
PeterKriel; now I wan't one. That would be too much fun zipping annoying red squirrels and not disturbing any deer in the general area.
grand veneur, just poking a little fun and I'm sure there are Kriefhoff dealers around but chances are they would chastise me for not buying a Winchester or Weatherby instead.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Grand Veveur, the price tag over 3000 euro + mount and nice swarovski or zeiss scoop make total price 5000 euro..this was main reason for me to not buy extra one or change Blaser...
Brinky there is nothing bad in Weatherby...at least old one's. Have Saure-Weatherby in caliber 9,3x64 from 70's and it perform outstanding. Don't know today's Weatherby quality but old are make with heart...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
PeterKriel; now I wan't one. That would be too much fun zipping annoying red squirrels and not disturbing any deer in the general area.
grand veneur, just poking a little fun and I'm sure there are Kriefhoff dealers around but chances are they would chastise me for not buying a Winchester or Weatherby instead.

I go ruger, and winchester myself wink

Va t'in tch�re !
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Motorist
Grand Veveur, the price tag over 3000 euro + mount and nice swarovski or zeiss scoop make total price 5000 euro..this was main reason for me to not buy extra one or ...

This is � very reasonable price for many hunters around here, and cheap for some crazy

Night hunts deserve very good optics, and games we can find in daylight are just rare, but There is so much exaggeration in factory guns value.

Va t'in tch�re !
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
This is � very reasonable price for many hunters around here, and cheap for some

Here in Estonia the "value" of semprio in shop is over 4000 euro...do it mean that Estonain gun sellers are more greeye grin
Mine Blaser combined with red dot Kahles have help'd me out nearly every time grin but personally like more driven hunt...more fun and suspence laugh.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
If you really crunch the numbers and consider all factors; if you only had one gun and bought a real quality firearm such as the Krieghoff it would equate to less money that I've spent on my other rifles combined. And compared to others I have very few rifles, four as of now including my 22lr.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
646 members (222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 1lessdog, 2500HD, 72 invisible), 2,816 guests, and 1,370 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,651
Posts18,399,172
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.