Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
OK,lets try this one more time:asked price's $340
I'm not a dealer,I'm not trying to make money here nor am I twisting your arms to make you click and look so,not to piss anybody off I took any link I could off this post (by now if you've been looking at this you know it's on Gunbroker too),I deleted "collectable" from the description and the FedEx option is now 2 day service for $35
(I'll worry about how much it costs me to ship it that way).
I did not feel I had to but if it makes some fellow shooters sleep better...... Why not? :shrugs:

I like big font,since this option is available I'd like to use it.
Sporterized Argentine Mauser.Caliber is 7.65x53.It has 23" barrel. Receiver is marked "Mauser Modelo Argentino 1891. Manufactura Loewe Berlin." It also has clasped hands stamped on all major components. The action and barrel are in great shape,bore is bright, the wood is good except for hair crack at the tip of the forend and the usual minor dents due to normal usage.
Has weaver scope bases already attached.
Email with any questions.C&R OK.

I got it shipped to me as C&R,it's logged in my book so,regardless of all laws or personal opinion and what not,it needs to be logged off to the buyer somehow,no matter what.
Ships USPS Priority within Michigan for $25
(no FFL required I.D. a must,yes WE can legally do that in MI)
or Fedex 2 day $35 to FFL/C&R to lower 48.
Personal check payment item ships when check clears.
[Linked Image]
So clean you wouldn't believe it's an antique..... Great shooter too.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Also posted elsewhere.

GB1

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

I like big font,since this option is available I'd like to use it.
Asked price's $340
I'm not a dealer,I'm not trying to make money here nor am I twisting your arms to make you click and look so,not to piss anybody off I took any link I could off this post (by now if you've been looking at this you know it's on Gunbroker too:Argentine in the C&R section),is part of my "collection" so,to me it's "collectable".
FedEx option is now 2 day service for $35 (I'll worry about how much it costs me to ship it that way).

Sporterized Argentine Mauser.Caliber is 7.65x53.It has 23" barrel. Receiver is marked "Mauser Modelo Argentino 1891. Manufactura Loewe Berlin." It also has clasped hands stamped on all major components. The action and barrel are in great shape,bore is bright, the wood is good except for hair crack at the tip of the forend and the usual minor dents due to normal usage.

I got it shipped to me as C&R,it's logged in my book so,with all due respect to the law or regardless any personal opinion and what not,it needs to be logged off to the buyer somehow,no matter what.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Also posted elsewhere.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Seems like there is not a single thread Bricktop, aka the fake Negro, is not attacking someone and providing no actual facts.
It's also interesting to note that we never see his incredible gun collection posted here.

We're just waiting for 6/1/2012 which will be a very big day for him. Keep watching his posts around that time. Don't put him on ignore as you won't want to miss it !

Hey NSAQAM, Larry is very "IN", LOL
You also dishonor the 28th division by using the unit patch as an insult.
As for the liar, welcher Bricktop, his day is fast approaching.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Reloadable brass Ammo readily available less than $16 a box
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/71...ne-mauser-180-grain-soft-point-box-of-20
[Linked Image]
Technical Information
Caliber: 7.65mm Argentine Mauser
Bullet Weight: 180 Grains
Bullet Style: Soft Point
Case Type: Brass

Ballistics Information:
Muzzle Velocity: 2542 fps
Muzzle Energy: 2588 ft. lbs.

Comparable to 308

Technical Information
Caliber: 308 Winchester
Bullet Weight: 180 Grains
Bullet Style: Soft Point
Case Type: Brass

Ballistics Information:
Muzzle Velocity: 2542 fps
Muzzle Energy: 2588 ft. lbs.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
btt

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
btt

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Asked price's $340 and by now, if you've been looking at this you know it's on Gunbroker too,
FedEx option is 2 day service for $35

I like big font,since this option is available I'll use it.

I got it shipped to me as C&R,it's logged in my book so,regardless of all laws or personal opinion and what not,it needs to be logged off to the buyer somehow,no matter what.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Also posted elsewhere.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I've been viewing this post for a long time, with each update, thinking that eventually you might lower the price. But that obviously isn't going to happen and that's certainly your right. It's also my right to quit watching. Over and out.
Jerry/AK

"Smile, God loves you!"
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I also have viewed your post and kept up with the banter.I would caution you that your offering to ship this rifle to a C&R holder would not be legal.If the rifle was in its original military configuration it would qualify for C&R.It has been sporterized and therefore does not.Good luck with your sale and thanks for removing the collectable moniker.
Joe

"......ain't many troubles that a man cain't fix
With seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by joes64gto
I also have viewed your post and kept up with the banter.I would caution you that your offering to ship this rifle to a C&R holder would not be legal.If the rifle was in its original military configuration it would qualify for C&R.It has been sporterized and therefore does not.Good luck with your sale and thanks for removing the collectable moniker.
Joe

Sporterizing it changed the year it was made?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Originally Posted by morecowbell
Had your rifle been built post 1898, but was still over 50 years old, it would in fact be no longer C&R eligible since it's been "sporterized" into it's no longer original military configuration.
WRONG. Look up the actual section of the law you're butchering, sport. The gun only has to fall into one category to be recognized as C&R.

"� 478.11 Meaning of terms.

Curios or relics. Firearms which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

(a) Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;

(b) Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and

(c) Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less."

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf

Pay attention to this key part: To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories...

ONE category, not ALL categories. The standard admonishment remains, PLEASE DON'T POST BULLSHIT. Thanks.

BT,
The sentence I've high lighted in red above, tends to cause doubt amongst the big importers who import 99% of all the surplus rifles to hit our shore. If they put a non military stock on a military rifle, they believe it is no longer C&R, despite the fact that it is over 50 years old.

Why do you think you are more knowledgeable than people who handle the sales of tens of thousands or surplus rifles each year?

Seems to me it's possible you may not be correct.

Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it.

Mike

Progress is man's ability to complicate simplicity.
Thor Heyerdahl
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bricktop
Had your rifle been built post 1898, but was still over 50 years old, it would in fact be no longer C&R eligible since it's been "sporterized" into it's no longer original military configuration.
WRONG. Look up the actual section of the law you're butchering, sport. The gun only has to fall into one category to be recognized as C&R.

"� 478.11 Meaning of terms.

Curios or relics. Firearms which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories:

(a) Firearms which were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;

(b) Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and

(c) Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less."

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf

Pay attention to this key part: To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of the following categories...

ONE category, not ALL categories. The standard admonishment remains, PLEASE DON'T POST BULLSHIT. Thanks.

BT,
The sentence I've high lighted in red above, tends to cause doubt amongst the big importers who import 99% of all the surplus rifles to hit our shore. If they put a non military stock on a military rifle, they believe it is no longer C&R, despite the fact that it is over 50 years old.

Why do you think you are more knowledgeable than people who handle the sales of tens of thousands or surplus rifles each year?

Seems to me it's possible you may not be correct.

Put that in your crack pipe and smoke it.

Mike

Holy Crap..........I really cannot imagine that the ATF intended for anyone to read more into this than there really is.

Its option a). How hard is that?

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
78CJ,
Try to imagine this:

http://www.atf.gov/publications/firearms/curios-relics/update-january-2009-june-2010.html

Any firearm that is at least 50 years old, and in its original configuration, would qualify as a C&R firearm.

Read it and then ask yourself, I wonder why they specifically say "and in it's original configuration" if that doesn't have any relevance.

How hard is that?

Next take a look at this, it defines the curio and relic definition, and what is meant by original configuration. It's two pages long but it's big type.

http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-85-10.pdf

Now if you're done drinking the Rastafarian's Cool-Ade, you might learn something.

Last edited by morecowbell; 03/16/12.

Thor Heyerdahl
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
You guys are hilarious:

Morecowbell can't help it to let everybody know that he knows better..... It makes you wonder how many rounds he get to shoot a week with all his never-asked-for-teaching job LOL
BTW nobody asked anybody's opinion.The rifle was purchased as C&R and logged as such: how would you sell it?

Jerry/AK is pouting: he'll stop watching and he won't eat his veggies either....

joes64gto is concerned of what I call MY rifle....... here's an idea:don't agree?Don't click on it.

This is a "For Sale" add,not a discussion room..... Take your little frustrations somewhere else

Last edited by gemelli5; 03/17/12.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Oh you asked, and were told, and continued to be a consummate
azzhat.

Next time try having a clue as to what you own, and what it's somewhat worth, and how legally to sell it.

And please if at all possible, do it somewhere else.

I'm sure I'm not nearly as frustrated as someone who is forced to work around you on a daily basis, from what I can see, you're a dandy. Have there been unexplained suicides with work associates? Do you have a job?

Try proof reading your post before you hit the submit button, it's hard to follow when you leave out punctuation and add or subtract letters.

Go [bleep] yourself and the goat you rode in on.

Thor Heyerdahl
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gemelli5
This is a "For Sale" add

That would be one "d".

How is that sale going for you?

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer but how he hunted it.
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
So it's true: you don't do much shooting,you just surf other people posts to run your mouth,even -especially- if nobody asked you.
I bet a lot feels hard to follow for you regardless of the punctuation.
Man... you must be bored.I feel sorry for you..... Try Facebook: it'll keep you occupied.
Oh you asked, and were told, and continued to be a consummate
azzhat.

Next time try having a clue as to what you own, and what it's somewhat worth, and how legally to sell it.

And please if at all possible, do it somewhere else.

I'm sure I'm not nearly as frustrated as someone who is forced to work around you on a daily basis, from what I can see, you're a dandy. Have there been unexplained suicides with work associates? Do you have a job?

Try proof reading your post before you hit the submit button, it's hard to follow when you leave out punctuation and add or subtract letters.

Go [bleep] yourself and the goat you rode in on.

Last edited by gemelli5; 03/17/12.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (11point, 2500HD, 257 roberts, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 71 invisible), 2,961 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,335
Posts18,468,659
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.