Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
A while back - a couple years ago I purchased a G20SF - the SF part is what made me pull the trigger. I had a nice ergonomic EA Witness in 10mm but it was a jammomatic and I couldn't get it to work right (yes, with factory mags)... once the SF's came out, I decided to sell the EA and buy the G20.

The SF grips fit my hand well - unlike the standard G20/21 which is just too phat for comfort for me (and a lot of guys apparently).

I got it from Bud's Gun Shop and it came with Glock night sights installed. Very nice - a great thing to have for hunting.

Since then, I got bit by the aftermarket barrel bug. I now have two Storm Lake 10mm barrels and a Lone Wolf 40S&W conversion barrel.

G20 with standard length 10mm Storm Lake Barrel:

[Linked Image]

With 6" 10mm Storm Lake:

[Linked Image]

Lone Wolf 40S&W:

[Linked Image]

It started with the standard length Storm Lake 10mm - it's stainless steel with cut rifling. The idea was to allow me to shoot cast boolit loads. It was drop in and accurate. I liked it so much that I decided to get the 6" model - this gives about another 100 fps of velocity - I intend this for hunting. I'm able to keep the rounds on a 8" pie plate easily at 50 yards, off-hand with this rig, making it a good short-distance stand gun for deer.

Then, after shooting the 10mm for a while and losing a bunch of brass at the range (ejection is healthy and it blends in with all of those 40S&W cases...) I decided to get a 40S&W conversion barrel for practice. 40S&W is widely available and priced well and seems to be in stock when 9mm and 45ACP aren't...

I haven't had the Lone Wolf to the range yet but it fit in snuggly just like the Storm Lake barrels.

You can get 357Sig and 7.62x25 conversion barrles too -and they use the standard 10mm mags just like the 40... and there are all kinds of options - barrel length, porting, threaded... and several makers to choose from.

A very versitile situation. A guy could buy the G20 and then get barrels for at least three other calibers, making it a 4 for one deal. I just think that's too cool for school and thought I'd do a post on it.

Somebody will ask so, I got the last one at Glock Store and the holster shown is an El Paso Saddlery rig El Paso Saddlery and finally, Bud's Gun Shop

Last edited by OSOK; 03/20/12. Reason: to fix link

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
One of the most useful pistols that Glock makes in my opinion.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
it's all good, but the holster is for the wrong side

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Holster is right hand strongside... you are a southpaw?

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
OSO..,

Im with u on the Glock 20. Got a Lone Wolf 40s&w for my 20c so I could shoot cheaply. Runs like a top. Also put an Insite X2 laser/lite on it.

Thinking of a threaded Lone Wolf 6" with a flash supressor for those intimate monents at home. It should also work well in the field w/o the Insite.

O

Too old to suffer fools
IC B2

OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yeah, I've thought of the threaded 40 barrel too - as I'm going to be forming a trust after I get moved and that would make getting a supressor rather easy and hassle free (no begging local leo's for prermission...).

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I have two standard frame Glock 20's. I find the standard Glock Frame on the 20 & 21 fit me perfectly. On one of them I installed a 6" Lone Wolf Slide and a 6" Lone Wolf barrel. It is very accurate. The other Glock 20 was my duty weapon when I was Deputy in Texas (Brazos County). I installed Kev Tec (?) Fulcrum triggers in both pistols and changed the sights. I went with a tritium Ghost Ring on my old duty weapon, and I put a Docter red-dot sight on the Gen III Glock (6" barrel & slide).

Glock 20 6" Slide and Barrel, Docter red-dot sight

[Linked Image]

OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Nice. You should post some pics smile

I tried an aftermarket trigger and I didn't like it. The trigger is one thing that I'd like to improve... it's not bad, just not good.

And I guess if you really wanted to round out an accessory pack for this a Mec-Tech carbine upper and .22LR conversion would have to be added.

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The Fulcrum Trigger Group includes all the linkage and the disconnector. It's crisper and lighter than any Glock trigger pull I've felt. Can it compete with a finely tuned 1911 trigger? Never. But, it is much, much better than the standard Glock trigger. Much less over-travel and a much smoother pull. It's also an aluminum trigger and safety.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Posted a pic of my Glock that I put the 6" slide and barrel on.

IC B3

OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Fulcrum - thanks and that longslide is nice. That's the fulcrum trigger huh... looks good.

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Wow - $185 at http://glockstore.com

Know of any better place/price? Or is that the going rate?

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Magnumdood

Nice photo in that last post, Magnum.
What kind of velocity increases do you see using that 6" tube in the G20?
I mean, I realize it would vary by load, but you surely realize some advantage going with the additional 1.4" over the standard barrel??

"For joy of knowing what may not be known we take the golden road to Samarkand."
James Elroy Flecker

OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
They do have a good install vid at glockstore though...

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dGXuGKWKjN0[/video]

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by OSOK

That's the going rate as far as I know. I bought two of 'em.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by 340boy

Nice photo in that last post, Magnum.
What kind of velocity increases do you see using that 6" tube in the G20?
I mean, I realize it would vary by load, but you surely realize some advantage going with the additional 1.4" over the standard barrel??

The hotter the load, the more velocity increase I see. I haven't chrono'd Underwood's 200gr/1250fps load yet. I did however chrono the original Norma load which was 200gr/1200fps, and on average I was getting 1300fps. So, for the high intensity loads with heavier bullets I get about another 100fps. I'll have to try some of those 135gr loads that are screaming out of the barrel and compare my 6" barrel to the standard barrel.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

You don't need it. Glocks are about as simple as it gets when you're breaking them down to component parts.

OSOK Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

You don't need it. Glocks are about as simple as it gets when you're breaking them down to component parts.

I need it - I like to get any little tricks, etc. before I do the work - I only have two Glocks and it's been a while since I worked on em - they are easy but I like to be sure of what I'm doing.

I play with a lot of different guns and can't remember the specifics for many of them.

NRA Endowment Life
NAHC Life
MOLON LABE!
OCS 120th MP BN MSSG
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I like figuring things out as I go. If I have a particularly complicated gun, or car engine, or any mechanical device, and I feel like I don't have a handle on how everything moves together...what each part does, then I'll take pictures with my little digital camera at each stage of disassembly. Then I have my own reassembly manual if I need it. And I have needed that more than once in the past.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C

That's the going rate as far as I know. I bought two of 'em.

Buy the video
"Making Your Glock Rock"
It walks you through every step needed to polish a connector to improve your Glock
Buy a 3.5 # connector and spring kit
Some time with a stone and Dremel
And you'll have BETTER, smoother, trigger than you can buy.
At 1/3 the cost

"wanna hear God laugh? Tell Him you have complete control now!"
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 57 invisible), 2,204 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,111
Posts18,464,373
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.