Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BillR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Senate has simply debated other bills than C-19. Perhaps part of the problem is they don't start work until 2:00 PM four days a week.
The situation is that some feel that registration is truly dead and that they can now sell guns currently registered to themselves without transferring ownership.
The letter of the law has not changed.
Getting caught selling an unregistered long gun could cost you dearly in legal fees, confiscated property and a firearm prohibition.
The day is coming that the long gun registry will be officially dead and gone .... but that day isn't here yet.
BillR

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Steve,

I think you are letting your hopes exceed your common sense.

Jim

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Hopes exceeding my common sense? The bill is a done deal. Some of the people on this site - Rantz especially - need a good slap up side of the head. He's bringing everyone down. Keep your hand on your wallet. The touch is about to come.

What are you expecting? Some Liberal ghost MPs are going to appear in the air above the Commons floor that will magically reverse the CPC majority? Pierre Trudeau will return to the House and start casting spells? Do you honestly expect the rug will be pulled out at the last minute?

I can understand Rantz's need to post this stuff. He and his cronies have no reason to go on living once the legislation is reversed. But I'm surprised with the rest of you!

You can see the goal line and you're still thinking failure?

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I cannot agree with that last statement regardless of what is currently happening with the registry.
If and when the Liberals and/or NDP should ever regain power (Heaven forbid ) we will need the support of organizations like the NFA, NRA, much more than we ever did...

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You're free to disagree all you want. Fear mongering and defeatist talk got us in this mess to begin with.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

IC B2

BillR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The Senate passed C-19 through second reading last night and it will now go to the committee stage.
BillR

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
You're free to disagree all you want. Fear mongering and defeatist talk got us in this mess to begin with.

WTF? Where's the harm in having a thread where we can track the progress of C19 ??? If it doesn't interest you, go write an e-book about it.

BillR- Thanks for the update. One step closer.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by bearguide
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
And people are making a big deal of this because...

It's history folks. Move on.

It's not history until Bill C19 comes into force. I'm always leery of any government action, including this one.
If you don't like reading about it, move on. I'm just posting some facts. wink

Agreed, the old law is still in effect until the new one is proclaimed and caution when dealing with LEOs on gun issues is the wisest alternative.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
ITS NOT over till till its over

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don't think anyone is denying that it will be over soon, but up until that time, you would be best to use prudence as your guide.

IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Your response is dispassionate and reasonable. There are others however that see conspiracies or the boogieman behind every rock.

Pierre Trudeau is not dead. He has been frozen and will be unthawed in the event the LGR is ever threatened with abolishment.

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
Where did you get the Trudeau quote?

Glenn

BillR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
The Senate Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee will be holding hearings on C-19 March 14/2012 (Wednesday) at 4:15. Scheduled to make a presentation are two men each speaking as individuals Roger Granger and Randall [bleep].
Mr. [bleep] is a retired police officer who has devoted several years of his life pointing out that the long gun registry is a total failure. The shooting community is very fortunate to have such dedicated individuals supporting the demise of the long gun registry.
The duration of these hearings is not known at this time.
BillR

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A formality and a waste of time....does anyone think for a second that the Conservative dominated Senate will NOT support the move to shut down the firearms registry?????

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
It looks as though you gentlemen are just waiting to be able to say,"Ding Dong, the Wicked Witch is dead"!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Precisely. The patient has expired. BillR just likes to hear himself type. He should go and play with his friends at the Savage forum.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
[quote=CanuckShooter]A formality and a waste of time....does anyone think for a second that the Conservative dominated Senate will NOT support the move to shut down the firearms registry?????

Yes, its all formalities and after all of the hearings it goes to the Govenor General for his approval, then its history.
Having spent the weekend selling long guns at a gun show I found it somewhat frustrating to have to work on transferring registrations for the last two days knowing that everything will be scrapped shortly.
I for one couldn't be happier that it will be gone....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
so now its the 16 whats the update,,after all we need to know to CELEBRATE effectively grini,ll count my chicks when they have hatched ,,,hopefully any day

norm smile

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

BillR Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sorry norm for the delay, would like to say I was helping catalogue an old savage collection which had been hidden away for years ... but I was really in sugarbush mode, absolutely a terrible year in Muskoka, we washed everything and put up buckets, then a week later took them down ... who would believe 25 C in Muskoka in March. We didn't make a drop of syrup.
Anyway, Senate has held two days and have scheduled two more days of hearings at end of March. The experts agree that the long gun registry will be gone anywhere from within three weeks from end of hearings to the end of June.
BillR

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
thats a long time to rehash and replay a forgone conclusion

i hope and pray

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
481 members (1lessdog, 160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 42 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,084 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,733
Posts18,400,955
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.