NIKON PROSTAFF - 480 CLICKS OF CAN-DO!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#6316137 - 03/21/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: CRS]
Fotis Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Loc: Cheyenne, Wy
OK Question on Handguns

"There is no law requiring overnight shipping services to be used, nor is there any law requiring you to notify anyone you’re shipping a firearm provided the recipient is a federal firearms licensee. "

So what do you list contents as for Fedex and UPS? What if it gets lost or damaged?

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""

RV 728 BP
#6316146 - 03/21/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Fotis]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: With your mother.....
Originally Posted By: Fotis
OK Question on Handguns

"There is no law requiring overnight shipping services to be used, nor is there any law requiring you to notify anyone you’re shipping a firearm provided the recipient is a federal firearms licensee. "

So what do you list contents as for Fedex and UPS? What if it gets lost or damaged?
If you sign up for an account to create your own shipping labels, you'll never be asked to list anything, in person or on the form.

If you find yourself compelled to tell the person at the shipping counter your package's contents, "machined tool parts" or "machined forgings" works just fine.

A loss is covered regardless.

Originally Posted By safariman
I do tend to fit in well wherever I go in person.

Originally Posted By Fireball2
The campfire is the most outside exposure I get. No TV, no newspaper.

#6317327 - 03/21/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Bricktop]
Fotis Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Loc: Cheyenne, Wy
Thank you sir

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""

#6326306 - 03/23/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: mozez]
hotdog Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Kentucky
I had a local pawn shop owner who has a FFL tell me today that is was illegal for a private owner to ship a firearm to a FFL holder.I tried to explain to him that he was wrong,but he just kept telling me that I didn't know the law.

#6332985 - 03/25/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Bricktop]
interthem Offline
Campfire Regular

See your pirating of my Ruger No. 1 thread got it locked down eh?

Not to worry I have two more BOUGHT HERE incoming and they will get posted with lots of pictures.
Coward trolls won't accept PMs.
How's the phantom "campfire" coming ?

#6334724 - 03/26/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: mozez]
eh76 Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: North of Liberalism in Wyoming
Larry it ain't flying..........

#6338297 - 03/27/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: eh76]
mountainclmbr Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: at 8500 ft elevation NW of Gol...
I would never believe anything dicktop writes. He has been on my ignore list for some time.

#6338472 - 03/27/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: mountainclmbr]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted By: mountainclmbr
I would never believe anything dicktop writes. He has been on my ignore list for some time.
If you could read, that might carry some weight.

#6338500 - 03/27/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Bricktop]
coltchris Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: NW Michigan
Thanks Bricktop; too bad a "sticky" has to continue to get all this crap. Job well done in spite of people judging you rather than the facts.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

#6338754 - 03/27/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: coltchris]
eh76 Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: North of Liberalism in Wyoming
Originally Posted By: coltchris
Thanks Bricktop; too bad a "sticky" has to continue to get all this crap. Job well done in spite of people judging you rather than the facts.

Agreed!

#6338896 - 03/27/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: coltchris]
nsaqam Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Hermantown MN

Agreed +2

#6340308 - 03/27/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: nsaqam]
tzone Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: MN
Originally Posted By: nsaqam

Agreed +2

Thanks for posting this BT. Though some have an incomprehensible hard time figuring this out it seems.

#6341770 - 03/27/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: tzone]
byc Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: VA 2 SC
OT or not, I would ask that if one has a preferred means of payment and does not take PayPal for example to please post that info in your original listing.

Nothing more frustrating than to declare "I'll take it" only to find out that the seller has all these stipulations on the sale. Shipping, insurance, and perhaps item location would all be helpful.

Sorry OP if this is too far OT but it's all part of the process.

I buy a ton here and am finding this thread very useful. grin

Thanks,

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

#6341897 - 03/28/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: byc]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted By: byc
OT or not, I would ask that if one has a preferred means of payment and does not take PayPal for example to please post that info in your original listing.

Nothing more frustrating than to declare "I'll take it" only to find out that the seller has all these stipulations on the sale. Shipping, insurance, and perhaps item location would all be helpful.

Sorry OP if this is too far OT but it's all part of the process.

I buy a ton here and am finding this thread very useful. grin

Thanks,

David
I'll likely redo this thread and ask Rick to re-tack and lock it to keep f*cking "Larry" and his multiple identities the f*ck out. I'll also create a suggested etiquette thread as well. These will be good tools to smooth the buying and selling process.

#6342149 - 03/28/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: nsaqam]
John_Boy Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Henderson, Texas
I just opened a UPS account based on the sound advice of BT.
I've been on this sight long enough to know who knows. BT's "job" knowledge is among the best.

#6346579 - 03/29/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Lockhart]
fatjack34 Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: State of Confusion
WTF???? Brick starts a useful thread with great tips and this racist prick MOZEZ starts in with lightly veiled racist commentary.

#6346615 - 03/29/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: fatjack34]
Lockhart Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: NC
Right, this needs to be stopped and this poster needs to be barred permanently and right now.

#6347190 - 03/29/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Lockhart]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Originally Posted By: Lockhart
Right, this needs to be stopped and this poster needs to be barred permanently and right now.
Eh76 called it: "mozez" is another of Larry Root's multiple identities. (Oldman1942, Boss_Lady, interthem, rootmanslim, mtdorarider, etc.) He has apparently discovered the Google translator tool; he takes a posting in English, has Google translator convert it to Spanish, and then converts that back to English and posts it. He thinks he's rather clever.

I'm curious if some of the same people who attempted to defend him in the Single Shot forum will be as eager to do the same now. (I.e., MikeFletcher and Talus_in_Arizona.)

#6360319 - 04/01/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Bricktop]
John_Boy Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Henderson, Texas
Step one:I just signed up for the free UPS account.
Step two: Measured and weighed my shipment.
Step three: entered all pertinant info (no question of what is it)
Step four: printed the label.
Step five: dropped it off at UPS, no questions asked.....
Knowledge is power and life is once again good.....;

#6397602 - 04/12/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Bricktop]
nsaqam Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Here is a question I hope can be answered here.
If I were to buy a brand new action alone from a supplier such as Brownells or others can I check in box 18 on the 4473, Other AND Handgun?
For instance, the LH Savage SA has been made by Savage as both a long gun and the Striker handgun. Since that action cannot be considered as being capable of ONLY being made into a long gun, as specified in the instructions on the 4473 for box 18 it would seem that one could use both the Other and Handgun classifications.
If this is the case, and one has all the other required permits to buy a handgun, would registering it as such establish that particular action as a handgun forevermore?
If one now has an action registered as a handgun is one free to switch stocks and barrel lengths at will to make it a handgun with a 10" barrel and a handgun stock one day and a rifle with a 24" barrel and a rifle stock the next?
Would this also apply to say a brand new Remington 700 action or any brand new bolt operated action for that matter even if that particular action manufacturer never made a handgun from it?

#6403948 - 04/14/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: nsaqam]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Here is a question I hope can be answered here.
If I were to buy a brand new action alone from a supplier such as Brownells or others can I check in box 18 on the 4473, Other AND Handgun?
For instance, the LH Savage SA has been made by Savage as both a long gun and the Striker handgun. Since that action cannot be considered as being capable of ONLY being made into a long gun, as specified in the instructions on the 4473 for box 18 it would seem that one could use both the Other and Handgun classifications.
If this is the case, and one has all the other required permits to buy a handgun, would registering it as such establish that particular action as a handgun forevermore?
If one now has an action registered as a handgun is one free to switch stocks and barrel lengths at will to make it a handgun with a 10" barrel and a handgun stock one day and a rifle with a 24" barrel and a rifle stock the next?
Would this also apply to say a brand new Remington 700 action or any brand new bolt operated action for that matter even if that particular action manufacturer never made a handgun from it?
Here's a ruling from the BATFE:

http://www.atf.gov/regulations-rulings/rulings/atf-rulings/atf-ruling-2011-4.pdf

#6407213 - 04/15/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Bricktop]
nsaqam Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Thanks BT!

If I read that legalese correctly, and I'm not certain I do, I could buy a brand new LH Savage SA and on the 4473 check OTHER in box 18 and at that point I can make either a handgun or a rifle out of it.
I would appreciate any further insight you may have on this BT. Am I understanding it at all correctly?

#6409724 - 04/15/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: nsaqam]
Bricktop Offline
Campfire Tracker

Thanks BT!

If I read that legalese correctly, and I'm not certain I do, I could buy a brand new LH Savage SA and on the 4473 check OTHER in box 18 and at that point I can make either a handgun or a rifle out of it.
I would appreciate any further insight you may have on this BT. Am I understanding it at all correctly?
It's my understanding from reading that ruling and discussing this with an FFL/S.O.T. friend that the firearm would still be sold as a rifle or handgun as currently assembled. (Virgin receivers are sold as receivers; receivers and actions that were formerly rifles are still rifles.) The end user can then acquire the parts to completely reconfigure the rifle into a handgun or vice-versa provided each set of conversion parts is kept together without having stepped into NFA territory.

As long as your conversion is configuring from one type of Title I firearm to another type of Title I firearm, then you haven't crossed into the purview of the NFA.

However, if you bought a conversion to simply attach a buttstock to a handgun or to add a short barrel of less than 16-inches to a rifle, then it would appear your intent was to create an NFA weapon.

#6427184 - 04/20/12 Re: Buying, selling, and shipping firearms tutorial [Re: Bricktop]
jbmi Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: MID WEST
I didn't find this but maybe it's buried in all the posts someplace.
I need a copy of sheet you need to fill out at the Post Office when you're sending a longgun through the mail.
It would be easier to have it with you than stand in line and fill it out.
Anybody have a copy they can post to make copies?

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
RV 180 2
CLICK HERE for HUGE SAVINGS on VORTEX OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
RV 160 1 2
CLICK HERE for HUGE SUMMER DAYS SAVINGS on ZEISS OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
RV 160 2 2
CLICK HERE for GREAT PRICES on LEUPOLD OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
Who's Online
177 registered (2ndwind, 204guy, 28lx, 30Gibbs, 257wbymagkiller, 222ND, 26 invisible), 649 Guests and 366 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RV 160 3 2
Forum Stats
53,263 Registered Members
72 Forums
687,327 Topics
9,928,125 Posts

Most users ever online: 4,830 @ 12/02/14

NIKON PROSTAFF - 480 CLICKS OF CAN-DO!

Copyright © 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.