Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by srwshooter
but you have to smell that stinkin diesel the rest of your life,no thanks

I don't think you will notice the diesel since you tend to mow outdoors.

Look into the used kubota zd series with the pro deck. I have had my zd 21 for 4 seasons and it is quite a machine. I give 8k for mine back when so you should be able to get into one within your budget. It is hard to beat the kubota brand imo. I have had 3 kubotas and still have a b6100 that is a 1982 model.

GB1

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
I just came across a Killer deal on a Hustler Super Z at my local dealer, last year's demo model... 37hp WOW. What got me looking at Hustler is the Sauer hydraulic pump

I am one gun away from happy
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some of those Hustler's were set up to take a 4 cylinder Ford engine. Thats some serious mowing.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You guys are starting to seriously sound like like Tim - "the tool-man" Taylor! What's next - a blower on a mower? grin

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
TTT

Its getting closer to the time where I have to make a decision. I was leaning toward the Hustler FastTrak or the Toro.

Tonight I was told about the Bad Boy Zero Turn mowers. I looked up the website and at first blush, wow...they really seem like something to consider.

Anybody have one?

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I use Ransome Bobcats,very good mowers!!!!

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
dixon

Dixon got bought out by Husky IIRC. The old non-hydro Dixon cone drive is obselete, you can't hardly even find parts for them anymore.

For a non-commercial guy mowing 1-3 acres something like a Hustler Fastrack is likely the best bang for the buck, probably a little over three grand or so.

You spend 5-6K on a true commercial ZTR and it will likely last longer than parts will be available for it. IE, you'll have a perfectly functional mower, except for the one part nobody makes anymore.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
dixon

You spend 5-6K on a true commercial ZTR and it will likely last longer than parts will be available for it. IE, you'll have a perfectly functional mower, except for the one part nobody makes anymore.

So you're saying that if you get too good of a mower, it will last so long that they won't make parts for it anymore?

I'm thinkin I could handle that if it came down to it 20 years from now!

grin

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Rooster7
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
dixon

So you're saying that if you get too good of a mower, it will last so long that they won't make parts for it anymore?

I'm thinkin I could handle that if it came down to it 20 years from now!

grin

Exactly, but realize you will have literally thrown away several thousand dollars. My non-commercial Dixon has lasted 18yr and has outlasted its parts availability. When the tranny goes next time, it's junk.

R
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Well I went with the Hustler Fastrac ZRT. 54" Deck. 24hp Kawasaki.

All I can say is WOW! What a machine!!!! cool

I mowed a section of yard yesterday that was left kind of high last fall. In literally 10 minutes, I mowed what used to take me the better part of an hour and a half.

Thanks for all the replies guys!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just saw this, was going to tell you to stop over if you lived nearby and try my Hustler. But you already bought a good one.

Chris

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
but you have to smell that stinkin diesel the rest of your life,no thanks

I have a Kubota diesel and I never smell any diesel fumes when I use it. I do smell diesel when I fuel it up but the smell doesn't bother me. I paid as much for this mower as I did my 2 br brick home in 1966.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I know the OP already bought a mower, but I'll add to the thread again-

Bought a used Exmark from a mechanic that works for me who is selling his mowing business. Mine had 600 hrs on it, in checking the various online listings I was seeing many with 2,000 or 3,000 hrs for sale for a lot more money than I paid.

Not my mower, but same as-

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Has anyone tried Ariens Zero Turn Mowers?

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
61" Bobcat zt is in your price range

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (007FJ, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,094 guests, and 1,068 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,271
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.