Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
That gun pouch sling functions a bit like a Dana Design Beavertail accessory. The Dana Design Alpine (built-in Beavertail) or a Terraplane with a Beavertail addition would be prime for hauling or carrying things like a tripod.

If you're open to the used backpack market, there are several options I'd recommend.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Analogue
I suggest MR DragonSlayer for your case, too.
I'm not hunting, but scouting/training normally w/ 15-30lbs. Rock/Tree-climbing involved.

I own the Re-designed DS. + 1 Bottle pocket . Feel perfect so far on day-trip or multi-day(+2 rip-zip pocket) survival training. Good inside layout, hydration-pack friendly and I hook all luqid in mid-back(Molle) and compressed size is not bulky at all.

The MOLLE location are nice in this version, avoid getting stuck by branches while passing thru. Compare to Arc'teryx/Gregory/Deuter/Osprey, MR did great job on weight transfer to more hip & lower back, high stability while climbing or responding quick action. Really proud while you are operating some gadgets in single handed while on fast trekking, you want to throw away any tightened packs that STILL shaken your gravity.

I guess the slight difference offers huge sweetspot here, the share of weight is v. important dynamically in motion. Rather than counting static comfortness w/ >40lbs, it deserves a patient research to fit your body build (esp. Lumbar Vertibreae), coz you need the best adjustable system in wild life to gain that tiny fitness surplus to accomplish your task in top notch.

We are talking about 180 - 300 bucks. You may want a really perfect fit.

Enough Bullshit, anyway, thanks MR folks with their ridiculous enthusiasm and excellent Customer Service.

Any chance we can get a pic of the DS and the two rip zip pockets attached? just for size visualization...sounds very interesting.

A
A
Here it is:
[Linked Image]

B
B
Nice! Those rip-zips look handy.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Analogue: Maybe I missed it somehow....the two side pouches..are they the pocket pairs?

For those of you who own this pack, would it be a good choice for a 2-3 day backpack hunt?

“Factio democratica delenda est"
IC B2

A
A
The pouches are Rip-Zip Pockets.
They are optional accesserories so I order x 2 as a pair, ship to me together with the DS and a Water Bottle pocket.

Yea, it is a nice piece of [bleep] for 3 days trekking.
When I was talking to Tim Gates of MR, I want a 3-Day Assualt in the first time, but want to add more volumne with the Rip-Zip. He told me the Rip-Zip can't hook on a 3DA as perfectly as on a DS, and DS provide more loads.

Indeed, this is too big for a day trip. Unless you go for hunting.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Thanks for the info!

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

402 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 160user, 1_deuce, 1lesfox, 22250rem, 36 invisible), 2,192 guests, and 1,020 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,493
Posts18,452,361
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.