Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I HATE MY TIKKA....SO MUCH I'LL SELL IT FOR $1500!!

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Too bad about that flier on the left.. wink

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, that ain't all bad. One nay and seven yays.

What has been your bad experience, Nsaqam? I was talking to our local dealer yesterday about Tikkas and I think he said Tikka guarantees an inch or less at 100 yards or they will fix it. Have you contacted them?

I wouldn't use one to kill moose with like Keith does as it would only be my windy day varmint rifle so would be shooting seventy grainers or lighter.

Looks like Hillbillybear's shoots quite well. Is it stock or have you had to tinker with it?

Ok, thanks, Ya'll.

Ivan

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
FWIW...I'm packing up mine in .223 tonight to take on Gopher Armageddon next week...

Tis a shooter for shure....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kraky111
I HATE MY TIKKA....SO MUCH I'LL SELL IT FOR $1500!!

[Linked Image]

I sure wouldn't want one that wouldn't do better than that! smirk Don't sell it to a friend.

I think the yay, nay count went up since my last post.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ingwe
FWIW...I'm packing up mine in .223 tonight to take on Gopher Armageddon next week...

Tis a shooter for shure....

Hey, have lots of fun!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Death in the Short Grass! laugh

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Yes indeed the Tikka is a one size fits all. Twist rate on a 243.. Might not be the best. One could get a 700 and spend twice what a Tikka costs and still have a rifle that is not as accurate right out of the box. LOL

Tikka's aren't that inexpensive anymore.

At $400 mine was way overpriced.

Go ahead and tell us what is the problem. We won't tell. whistle

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Nsaqam,
Sorry you got a bad one. I guess it happens to any rifle maker. I haven't heard of very many bad things with a Tikka or a Sako. Berretta is not a very good distributer however, just look at what is available to the rest of the world that we can not get.. Think that they are a pretty good bet for the money. A rifle that has a bad rep that can cost a bunch Kimber, love the looks and the specs, only so much free money, I'd bet on a Tikka or Sako first.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
My Tikka is the least finicky gun I have ever loaded for. My 6.5x55 shoots everything from 100gr to 156gr bullets less than MOA. About to spruce it up with a new stock. No complaints on the factory stock, but always nice to upgrade.

My Tikka came with a long throat, and has made me a believer that you do not need to be close to the lands to get a gun to shoot.

IC B3

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I had a bunch too. Never had a bad one. Put the scope on, try a common handload and get the camera ready. Just a lot to like.
The hex head allen screws were too soft for the bases as I stripped a couple.
Still probably the best rifle for those who don't mind a few concessions.
Remember who makes them, they know what they are doing.

Last edited by bigwhoop; 03/31/12.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've related my experiences with my LH T3 Lite in 270WSM before but here's my issues.
I didn't like the feel of the rifle. It felt toylike to me. The stock, the mag, the bolt throw (most folks love the slick bolt) but it didn't feel substantial to me.
The trigger was nice enough, no better than my Savage or my KS but plenty nice.
I absolutely despised the recoil luggette and felt it was destined to fail, I didn't like the dovetailed in bolt handle either, Mickey Mouse came to mind.
I hated the really high parts prices from Beretta too.
The recoil brick needed to be replaced with a Limbsaver adding $35=$40 to the cost.
When it came to shooting, the rifle never did better than 1" but with some loads, factory and handload it would do an inch pretty consistently. Most loads went 1.25" to 1.75" however.
The barrel was really really slow on my T3 and I had to stomp on the load to push 130's to just under 3300fps. Short case life of course followed. Most loads were no faster, and some slower, than the same bullet in my 270WCF 700 KS I owned at the same time. That KS was fast though and it pushed any number of 130's to 3240-3250fps with long case life.
I read an article by Ross Seyfried at the time I owned it and he also reported velocities from his 270WSM T3 lagged 100-200+fps behind two other brands of rifle chambered for the 270WSM he shot concurrently with the T3.

There was nothing I loved about the T3 and much I disliked.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh yes, I forgot about the butter soft factory ring screws but that was remedied by a trip to the hardware store and a very few bucks.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Perhaps the whole short fat thing is an issue. Never have seen the need or what short fat does that many other well established rounds do not do. If one wants an SA the Tikka is about the last on the list. Sorry that it did not work for you. The stock rings are not that good, and the set screws are weak. Have the stock setup on both mine and so far no issues. I did not really crank on them however.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
So Tikka uses one action size? I didnt know that.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Yes, unlike Sako, Tikka's are all 30-06 lenght or LA.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Im sure they will eventually start making different action
sizes.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
I am considering a Tikka lite in .243. Good or bad idea?

Great idea! I have a T3 Light Stainless in 338 Win Mag. It shoots less than MOA at all ranges out to 400 yards using Federal Premium 225 TSX. I put a Holland Quick Discharge brake on it. So I have a 7.5 lb 338WM that shoots lights out and kicks like a .308 Win. Not too excited about the stock, but I plan on getting a Bell and Carlson replacement for it. Toss the rings that come with it and get some Talley One Piece Base/Rings.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Sometimes a LA is not a bad idea for a 308 based catridge. Mine a 338 Federal has a short blocked mag and a shorter bolt stop. I changed it to the 30-06 bolt stop and use 30-06 mags. Now I can seat the bullet out further, not limited by mag lenght. Over 185g this makes differance. The 260 would another one that would benefit from a longer mag, unless all one wants to shoot is 140g or less.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Nsaqam, sorry about your bad experience. I can't remember owning a rifle of any kind that really had any serious problems unless a problem developed from me tinkering too much.

So you must have got rid of it with no regrets then. Too bad.

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

557 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 53 invisible), 2,669 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.