OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Cool, please post the updates.

Dave

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I had good luck with H4831sc and 200 grain Accubonds. Loads were slightly compressed with 69 grains(max-load in my two 300WSM's) and COAL at 2.880", 2850-2900fps.
Tried R17 and it didn't work nearly as well with 200's, of course it might work great for you.

I shoot 175/180's in my rifles with R17. Haven't had any issues with temps from 10-70F with several different lots of powder. Might have had a slight velocity decrease but looking at old notes accuracy was fine until it got colder than 10F, that's when groups starting opening up.

Don't doubt that some people had issues though, I just didn't notice any until it got colder than 10F.

Last edited by SamOlson; 03/31/12.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
shouldn`t all rifles be zero checked and sighted while in camp before the hunt?

This business about higher velocity variances with certain powders going from warmer to colder weather, is an overrated issue imo.

I have yet to see any hunter place a target on their game and shoot for groups during their hunts. It is the first shot that matters. And as long as one is sighted in for the cold weather, then using a powder which is more temp sensative shouldn`t matter all that much if at all.

Complete bullshit. During hunting season I might see a 70 degree temp swing from one day to the next. Am I going to sight in every morning?

You should have stayed away like you you said you were going to do.
................You are an idiot Locoweed! There MAY be temp swings to a greater degree, but then again there MAY not be.

Either way, I have never had any issue with POI using any powder I`ve chosen which happens to be more temp sensative, EVEN IF there were 50 degree or more differences during hunts after sighting in at camp beforehand.

So you can go pound sand,,,you perverbial clown.

Complete bullshit? Your ass has far more coming out from it.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bullshit? yeah, post some pix form alllll those hunts you've done.

You're the biggest joke on this website.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
shouldn`t all rifles be zero checked and sighted while in camp before the hunt?

This business about higher velocity variances with certain powders going from warmer to colder weather, is an overrated issue imo.

I have yet to see any hunter place a target on their game and shoot for groups during their hunts. It is the first shot that matters. And as long as one is sighted in for the cold weather, then using a powder which is more temp sensative shouldn`t matter all that much if at all.

Complete bullshit. During hunting season I might see a 70 degree temp swing from one day to the next. Am I going to sight in every morning?

You should have stayed away like you you said you were going to do.
................You are an idiot Locoweed! There MAY be temp swings to a greater degree, but then again there MAY not be.

Either way, I have never had any issue with POI using any powder I`ve chosen which happens to be more temp sensative, EVEN IF there were 50 degree or more differences during hunts after sighting in at camp beforehand.

So you can go pound sand,,,you perverbial clown.

Stop [bleep] goats and grow the [bleep] up!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

That's coming from a dead guy, folks.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

....Tell ya what big guy..YOU come down here and I`ll be more than happy to show you everything I`ve got. Hundreds of pics for ya.....Right here!

Then let`s hear you open up that clap trap mouth of yours face to face in front of me when not behind that keyboard of yours??

You can become a HUGE hero on this forum! Since you know so damn much, then come on down and prove to yourself and to all that,,,,YOU ARE RIGHT, and that I am the biggest joke on this site.

And depending what comes out of that damn mouth of yours, then I`ll decide whether or not to mate any hemarroidal tissue that you might have with your atoms apple.

Should I call UUUU a coward now or give you some time to think about it?

Always big chatter from the "residence" keyboard? Hell that`s easy for the,,,,Rancho Loco!

Come down and prove to yourself and to this forum that I don`t have pics, don`t shoot, don`t hunt or whatever......OK? How about that?

But you`ll never do that. Nope! Why of course not. Too safe and sound from behind your keyboard. wink wink wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another good thread ruined by someone with absolutely nothing to offer. Great stuff.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
he's a gem!!! really upset that he didn't really die!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

....Tell ya what big guy..YOU come down here and I`ll be more than happy to show you everything I`ve got. Hundreds of pics for ya.....Right here!

Then let`s hear you open up that clap trap mouth of yours face to face in front of me when not behind that keyboard of yours??

You can become a HUGE hero on this forum! Since you know so damn much, then come on down and prove to yourself and to all that,,,,YOU ARE RIGHT, and that I am the biggest joke on this site.

And depending what comes out of that damn mouth of yours, then I`ll decide whether or not to mate any hemarroidal tissue that you might have with your atoms apple.

Should I call UUUU a coward now or give you some time to think about it?

Always big chatter from the "residence" keyboard? Hell that`s easy for the,,,,Rancho Loco!

Come down and prove to yourself and to this forum that I don`t have pics, don`t shoot, don`t hunt or whatever......OK? How about that?

But you`ll never do that. Nope! Why of course not. Too safe and sound from behind your keyboard. wink wink wink

TFF! It's like deja vu with you all over again. You're always soooo eager to get someone down your way to push your sheeit in.

If only for fairness:

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthread..._M_ALIVE_I_M_ALIVE_I_M_ALIVE#Post5710569

What a gem!

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bearstalker

That's coming from a dead guy, folks.
............Another azz-bite typing! C`mon down. I`ll show ya just how dead I am there bearstalker. I`ll even intro ya to my niece`s son who perpetrated my death as a joke from my computer. Has another month to go on his restriction. We can catch him at home.

You, Rancho, plus anyone else can all come down together. The more the merrier! We`ll have some real fun after your mouths begin to open up.

Aside from teaching on the mats while in private residences, in a studio gym or in company warehouses and back offices, I`d love to put my craft to some other good uses on some "very" special folk, who just love to throw their usual crap from behind their keyboards.

Regardless of the weather, how many have successfully hunted using the higher sensative powders regardless of the weather temps?.........Naaa! Nevermind that! Can`t bring that up.

So as usual someone like Rancho starts things off with no provocation from me. And then like sheep over a cliff the big "bearstalker" follows up!...........Very good!

Safety in #s from behind the keyboards.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
feel free to show me how bad you are... i'm all for it!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't you have a karate class to teach? There are some yellow belts in dire need of guidance.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
no, i'm more a soccer mom teacher myself... grins

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Who the [bleep] wrestles at work?! LOL. Has to be a Cali thing. You can't script this any better!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Paul Walukewicz
he's a gem!!! really upset that he didn't really die!
..........I won`t stop ya from trying to finish the job there Mr. Pauly Po-lak. Since you seem so upset that I didn`t really die, then you`re certainly welcome to finish the job! I don`t want you "REALLY" upset. laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[bleep] tard, you couldn't hang...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Haha every post gets better and better... How's that roundhouse lookin?! laugh

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by bearstalker
Who the [bleep] wrestles at work?! LOL. Has to be a Cali thing. You can't script this any better!
........It isn`t wrestling that I have taught for a living during the last some 36+ years there Mr. Bearstalker. I`m sure your brain just might be able to allow you to figure that one out...... laugh laugh laugh

A Calif thing? Yep! Lot`s who teach "the arts" down here. laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You realize threatening to kick someone's ass (with karate) on the internet stopped working about five minutes after it was invented?

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (11point, 2500HD, 257 roberts, 160user, 10ring1, 219 Wasp, 70 invisible), 2,965 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,335
Posts18,468,659
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.