-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 18 of 30 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 29 30
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm still good for the 6" calipers and lee trimming tool for whatever caliber you choose, and I'll thow in a case mouth deburring tool.

It's my pleasure to donate the dies, brass and bullets. I'd been planning on building a 280 rem for my son, but ended up picking up a rem 700 sps youth 223 from the campfire. If I keep the dies, brass and bullets on hand, as well as the couple of 7mm barrel blanks I picked up, I just might be tempted to build another rifle. If I give it away, I make a kid happy, and keep myself out of the doghouse with the wife, win win!

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've got a spare Lee scale that can be sent.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Will send a scale, primer pocket brush (LR) and a new RCBS case lube pad. Could also send a reloading manual, if needed. It will not be the most current but should still apply.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He'll surely need a manual.

I'll send a couple of those as well.

The Chosin Few November to December 1950, Korea.
I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks man. My karma is maxed our. I got my boys in the divorcee so i'm more than ahead in the karma game!

I'm super excited for the rifle to show up! Monday can't come soon enough!

I can't spell... Deal with it...
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm giddy as a kid on Xmas to deliver the goods to the boys and can't wait to see the look on ther faces when they get to feel the goodness and love that can be created by good folks getting behind the generous offers of one another.

It's amazing what we as a group can accomplish in someone's lives with what we consider "extras" of small value to us.

As it sits each boy will get a backpack, binos, knife (2 knives for Coy), leather men. Me and my girlfriend yesterday picked up flashlights ( for the younger 2), small first aid kit, space blanket, survival whistle/compass/signal mirror/fire starter deal and some other nick knacks to fill each pack.

Coy will also be getting the rifle and scope with ammo and accesories, and the hardcase. Its been decided that all of the boys will share the big Buck knife for camp and butcher work, the reloading and cleaning gear and the ear protection.

The soft case will go to the middle boy whose case is falling apart quickly.

There is likely too much gear to get it all in one pic with the boys but rest assured all your donations are going to a good cause and will be put to use.

Do to work schedules I may not be able to makr the drop off until 04/13 as they now live about 1 1/2 hrs from me but there will be a long post with pics forthcoming.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
That's awesome, Mallard--I'm sure they'll be as excited as on Christmas, too! And those sound like great packs they'll be set up with. I know I'll feel the same way when everything is ready to be given to James. I'll be really psyched to see the pictures when you put them up. grin

"And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us." Jn 1:14

"The expense is reckoned, the enterprise is begun; it is of God; it cannot be withstood. So the faith was planted: So it must be restored." -St. Edmund Campion (+1581)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
As will I!!!

I'm not one of the Chosin Few but no more remarkable group of Americans ever existed.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
X3!!!

"Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist."
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
x4

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's absolutely fantastic. Matt, I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job of making the gift-giving something that the boys (and you) will never forget. A big thumbs-up to you and Paul.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm just the guy who is lucky enough to have the privilege to deliver these great gifts to the boys.

My involvement to the boys would have continued this year as it had for the last 3, just now the boys have good solid gear to call their own thanks to you guys.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Damn...my allergies just started acting up again...

NRA Life Member

"All hunters should be nature lovers"
~Theodore Roosevelt~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Mine too

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
This is something these young boys will never forget.......

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
This is something these young boys will never forget.......

That's for sure. I can remember very clearly the Christmas that my dad handed me my first deer rifle. It was a Model 94 with a little red ribbon tied around the barrel. The whole family had allergies right then. Fifty-five years ago.

This is a big deal, and it's not even Christmas! He's going to be floored.

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
good things happen to good people!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The parts for my Lee press came in yesterday and the thing is way better than new now with steel replacing the pot metal parts which broke.

I'd like to get a list of all the reloading equipment/supplies donated to Dclaytons nephew James so far.
From me are,
The Lee Challenger press, an RCBS Uniflow powder measure and an old beat up manual.

From Smithrjd are a Lee scale, case lube pad, manual, and primer pocket brush.

From 458 Lott, a caliper, Lee trimmer system, and a case mouth deburring tool.

If I missed anything please post it up.

If others would like to donate stuff to young James please post it up as well.

This is coming together very nicely due the generosity of the fine folks at the Campfire.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Somebody must have a nomination for FOsteology's cool .22 if he's still willing to offer it up.

This is about the coolest .22 I've seen. Some kid would be THRILLED to have it. Heck my kids would be thrilled with it but this is intended for children more in need than my own.

Originally Posted by FOsteology
I was going to put this up on the Classifieds later this week as my two boys hardly use it (they prefer the S&W M&P 15-22), but think it would brighten up the day of a young boy or girl that otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity to own one. Kids absolutely love these "tactikool" AR type .22LR's. Loads of fun.

Need to find another deserving boy or girl as I'm donating a gently used SigSauer 522 .22LR

Has a forearm grip, and flip-up BUIS from my S&W M&P 15-22
I'll include a nylon tactical sling.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm surprised no one has found a kid who would love to have that?

Page 18 of 30 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

195 members (17CalFan, 257_X_50, 348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 31 invisible), 2,034 guests, and 1,062 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,488
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.