CLICK HERE for $200 INSTANT SAVING - ANSWER THE CHALLENGE!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#6371743 - 04/04/12 05:16 PM Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: HugAJackass]
CharlesL Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: North Texas
Pieter,

Thank you very much for this wonderful offer. If I could make it this year I would be throwing my hat in the ring. Hope to see you again in a couple years anyway.

Thanks and God bless you.

Charles

#6371790 - 04/04/12 05:23 PM Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: CharlesL]
EricM Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: SoCal/ Djibouti
What a generous offer!! Two BIG thumbs up for Pieter, and our Vets!!

14-year vet here, myself.

Eric

#6371814 - 04/04/12 05:31 PM Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: Mannlicher]
AFTERUM Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: CENTRAL FLORIDA
Originally Posted By: Mannlicher
just off the cuff, what would air fare to S. Africa cost?

5K for the two of them.......

#6372048 - 04/04/12 06:17 PM Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: AK416]
JGRaider Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: W. Texas
A very generous and honorable thing to do. Nice job there PK.

#6372107 - 04/04/12 06:28 PM Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: JGRaider]
CharlesL Offline
Campfire Regular

1. You may want to also include active duty as well as veterans.

2. Africa first timers.

My 2 cents worth.

#6372140 - 04/04/12 06:33 PM Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: JGRaider]
Dirtfarmer Online   content
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Central Louisiana
As Pieter is kind enough to think of this and offer his services, maybe the Fire can help with the $5K tickets.

If the organizers had access to a 501c3 entity to use as a dedicated pass through, the contributions could be tax deductible.

Publicity will help sell the idea and get it off the ground.

The selection process will probably be the hardest, and that will have to be carefully constructed to find the right ones to go.

Sounds like a good project and a lot of work.

DF

#6372197 - 04/04/12 06:42 PM Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: Dirtfarmer]
CharlesL Offline
Campfire Regular

Originally Posted By: Dirtfarmer
As Pieter is kind enough to think of this and offer his services, maybe the Fire can help with the $5K tickets.

If the organizers had access to a 501c3 entity to use as a dedicated pass through, the contributions could be tax deductible.

Publicity will help sell the idea and get it off the ground.

The selection process will probably be the hardest, and that will have to be carefully constructed to find the right ones to go.

Sounds like a good project and a lot of work.

DF

Good idea. Too bad the airline fees are so steep for donating miles.

#6372641 - 04/04/12 08:12 PM Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: HugAJackass]
dai_sca Offline

Loc: Avery, ID
Pieter,

I greatly respect and commend you for this action. I have worked with Jobless, homeless vets in a VA contract program since 2006. I wish the project well and would also contribute to an airfare defraying project.

Best,
Dai

#6373162 - 04/05/12 03:27 AM Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: AFTERUM]
dvdegeorge Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Loc: Western N.Y.
Originally Posted By: AFTERUM
Originally Posted By: Mannlicher
just off the cuff, what would air fare to S. Africa cost?

5K for the two of them.......
That may be high I just booked 2 tickets to SA about a month ago for $3600

#6373347 - 04/05/12 05:47 AM Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: dvdegeorge]
Seafire Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Southern Oregon USA
Gentlemen...

Pieter and I are hammering out the details on how we are going to conduct this...we spoke on the phone for an hour yesterday..

once we get a final draft, the first step is to have it all approved by Rick Bin, since this is Rick's Web site..

sadly all who would love to go will not be able to...believe me, I think Pieter and I are both on the same page, that we wish we could do it for every deserving veteran on the forum..

sadly, logistics and cost on Pieter's end is prohibitive and my time on this is going to be given as a service with respect to all of you guys..

I am going to approach a couple of forum members who have been assisting in the background for the other Veterans project first to be a Committee for judging who will be the recipients of this 'gift' from Pieter...

for the logistics consideration, the time from that this will take place in will be in August 2013...

Pieter indicated that it will take too much time to get it all done before August of this year... he also indicated that August would be the best hunting month... and he is graciously taking that time to do this... right in his prime hunting month...

another sacrifice of his to ensure this to be a trip of a lifetime to the winners..

Pieter would like this to be open for the recipients to be able to bring their spouses along....

it will also be roughing it style hunting...out where the game is.. and around the campfire at night, instead of hanging out at the lodge...it is felt that would maximize the experience...

so if folks have some physical restrains, that should be considered..

we are still in the process of developing this... so please be patient..

I'll try to get updates posted as soon as possible, as the wheels turn on this..

best regards
seafire..

"To anger a conservative, lie to him. To anger a liberal, tell him the truth." —Theodore Roosevelt"

"why do I carry a 45? Because they didn't make a 46.."

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
CLICK HERE for GREAT DEALS on VORTEX OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
389 registered (17Hunter, 1lesfox, 1OntarioJim, 257heaven, 12344mag, 163bc, 31 invisible), 1105 Guests and 293 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
50166 Members
72 Forums
627473 Topics
8993425 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 09:36 AM
Support Our Sponsors 3

Copyright © 2000-2013 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.