NIKON PROSTAFF - 480 CLICKS OF CAN-DO!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#6607895 - 06/20/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: AkMtnHntr]
Seafire Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Southern Oregon USA
A brief essay was Pieter's Idea... as it would be useful for marketing for his company on future advertisements..which is a good idea from his perspective...

however gentlemen, this isn't going to be based on an essay from an English Composition point of view...just let us know why ya would love to go...

If it is going to be a one in a lifetime adventure.. then say so..

that is sort of why you have a couple of veterans and then a pair of guys who have either been there, or in Pieter's case lives there...

don't let those rules intimidate you, if you don't consider yourself Ernest Hemingway or William Shakespeare...

I run rigs harder than you can ever dream of, and have NEVER needed to replace valve cover gaskets as a routine maintenance item. Even under severe duty schedules.. Nor has ANYONE I've ever known.

UBER!!!

RV 728 BP
#6608823 - 06/20/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: Seafire]
Duckhunter Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Show Me
This is just Awesome of you guys. I hope whoever you pick as the winner appreciates all the thought, time and effort that goes into this adventure.

#6620872 - 06/24/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: Duckhunter]
Seafire Offline
Campfire Kahuna

well Guys, so far we have ONE contestant that has submitted a short piece on why he'd love to go to Africa....

so I look forward to hearing from some more of our veterans...

cheers
seafire

I run rigs harder than you can ever dream of, and have NEVER needed to replace valve cover gaskets as a routine maintenance item. Even under severe duty schedules.. Nor has ANYONE I've ever known.

UBER!!!

#6623616 - 06/25/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: Seafire]
ghost Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Maryland
Where do we send our piece on why we'd like to go to Africa? I didn't start at the front, so might be there, but thought I'd have to wade through 6 pages of stuff.. thanks.. will check back tomorrow..

#6624322 - 06/25/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: ghost]
Seafire Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Ghost, send it via email at

africahuntcharter.net

best regards
seafire

UBER!!!

#6643265 - 07/01/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: Seafire]
ghost Offline
Campfire Regular

Thanks.. have a guy in PA I'm running this by, as he's been tied down with a disabled kid for 28 years, but the kid died, so he's now free to travel some. Is a custom gun maker, and a vet..

#6668933 - 07/10/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: ghost]
WiFowler Offline
Campfire Ranger

Loc: To Close to Milwaukee; To Far ...
Quote:
Pieter has also wanted to insist that spouses attend.

Has this been cast in stone? Let's not limit this to married vets, there are many vets that are single for whatever reason and deserving.

#6669047 - 07/10/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: WiFowler]
Seafire Offline
Campfire Kahuna

a single vet is not going to be handicapped by this at all...

just FYI..

UBER!!!

#6672696 - 07/11/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: Seafire]
Seafire Offline
Campfire Kahuna

an update... we now have 4 contestants...

personally I am glad I am not the one and only decision on this one...If I was a rich guy, all 4 contestants would be going on this trip... or one like it... each one with Pieter tho...not another PH Guide...

so for each of those that want to toss their hat into the ring.. please don't be shy...

thanks
seafire

UBER!!!

#6722610 - 07/28/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: Seafire]
Seafire Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Well Gentlemen...

we now have 10 contestants in the Contest...

and personally I am thankful and appreciate the time and support of my panel of judges for this...

the more entries we get, the definite harder time it gets to pick one more deserving than than the other...

We have 10 very fine gentlemen that have submitted an entry for this once in a life time opportunity...

I would personally like to thank each for their service to our country, but also for taking time to submitting an entry to our contest..sponsored by Pieter here...

a salute to each and best of luck on being the winner...

there are some guys I really stand in awe of...

UBER!!!

#6739302 - 08/02/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: Seafire]
Seafire Offline
Campfire Kahuna

I'd like to let the Campfire know that we have decided to extend the contest deadline for this great opportunity to September 1.

We are hoping it will give an incentive for those veterans that have been on the fence about 'throwing their hat in the ring' will decide to do so...

right now we have 12 contestants...

If you are thinking about it guys... NOW is the time to act...

an short on essay on why you'd love to go on this trip, doesn't have to be any sort of fancy masterpiece...just tell us your desires...

Best of luck to each one of our contestants and best of luck to any that chose to enter during this 30 day contest extension..

UBER!!!

#6760917 - 08/10/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: Seafire]
ridgerunner_ky Offline

I signed up on here I think 5 or 6 years ago but have only made one post in that time. I have been posting over on Accurate Reloading. Had actually forgotten my log-in here but have spent hours lurking and reading on here.
I was in the Army as a 13Bravo. I spent a year in Camp Casey, Korea. After that I was in the 101st in 2/320th FA. For the uninitiated our motto was (Balls of the Eagle). I deployed with them to Iraq in March 2003. Although Africa has been my dream since I was a kid I feel there are other Veterans more deserving than I am. I feel this will be a great experience for someone. and its very generous of you too offer it. I look forward to seeing the hunt report and pictures

Edited by ridgerunner_ky (08/10/12)

#6779384 - 08/16/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: ridgerunner_ky]
ghost Offline
Campfire Regular

Who is more deserving. They don't mention any requirements in your service. As I told an old Marine, who'd been stationed on an island in WW2 helping get planes landed, and ready to go back out, we all had out job, each one was important. If he hadn't been there, some Marines who need air support might not have gotten it. also, if not in a combat area (probably 99% of military never were/are, during Vietnam only 10% of the Army went there, and only 10% of that was combat/infantry)so only 1% of the Army really saw any combat duty. 90% of the Army especially, is support. clerks, mechanics, truck drivers, etc. IF everyone who wants to signs up, STILL only 2 going to be picked, and might not be you.

SIGN Up, let Pieter and seafire decide. This , someone else is more deserving. Well, even if true, they might not sign up. I thought we'd have 100s of people by now, but last look, wasn't all that many. Let the other guy worry about his credentials, you sign up and worry about yours.

#6834208 - 09/02/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: ghost]
RSOV Offline

I sent in my story a few days ago, changed my forum name recently.
-Luke

#6874793 - 09/15/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: RSOV]
Hubert Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Loc: PA
I would apply,but I am trying to scrape up enough money to pay for my funeral when I die.

#6899886 - 09/23/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: Hubert]
rphguy Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Mississippi
Originally Posted By: Hubert
I would apply,but I am trying to scrape up enough money to pay for my funeral when I die.

i heard that if obammer wins re-election, there'll be new taxes on that.

#7012981 - 10/28/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: rphguy]
mcshunatona Offline
Campfire Regular

Loc: Hookstown, PA
Too bad I only just now saw this. A young Marine I know would have been a great candidate.
Best wishes to the lucky winners and thanks to Seafire and Pieter for their hard work in organization and donation of time and talent.

Mark

#7174154 - 12/12/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: mcshunatona]
AkMtnHntr Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Alaska
So who won or did you guys not choose yet?

Steelhead

#7174159 - 12/12/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: AkMtnHntr]
HugAJackass Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: AL, USA
I've been wondering that too!

Turdlike, by default.

#7174255 - 12/12/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: HugAJackass]
dvdegeorge Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Western N.Y.
It's all right here you guys are snoozing
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads...nt_#Post7064976

#7174472 - 12/12/12 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: dvdegeorge]
AkMtnHntr Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Loc: Alaska
My bad, I thought they would be posting the results in this thread.

Steelhead

#7257408 - 01/02/13 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: HugAJackass]
peter65 Offline

I'm not an Expert but being that the only price is air travel I'd be satisfied to offer some commercial airline kilometers. Especially, to someone who satisfies the credentials as set forth.

#7533423 - 03/10/13 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: Seafire]
R1150R Offline

Loc: The North Coast
Thanks Pieter and Seafire.
I'm sure my fellow vets will enjoy this.

(Wish I'd seen it in time)

#8604441 - 02/21/14 Re: Special Offer for ONE or TWO Veterans to Hunt Africa [Re: AFTERUM]
MissouriEd Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Between somewhere and nowhere
Originally Posted By: AFTERUM
Originally Posted By: Mannlicher
just off the cuff, what would air fare to S. Africa cost?

5K for the two of them.......

there are additional costs including insurance, passport fees, firearm and ammo costs, motel and food expenses. Additional might include airfare from nearest airport to ATL or DUL.

this is a big undertaking and I will do my part to help.

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
RV 180 2
CLICK HERE for HUGE SUMMER DAYS SAVINGS on ZEISS OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
RV 160 1 2
RV 160 2 2
CLICK HERE for GREAT PRICES on LEUPOLD OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
Who's Online
655 registered (163bc, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1flier, 1Longbow, 88 invisible), 1288 Guests and 352 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RV 160 3 2
Forum Stats
53,256 Registered Members
72 Forums
687,167 Topics
9,925,126 Posts

Most users ever online: 4,830 @ 12/02/14

Copyright © 2000-2015 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.