Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Gentlemen...

I got a special offer from a PH in Africa, that is both generous and fantastic...

Mr Pieter Kriel of Hunt Africa Safaris:
http://www.huntinginafrica.co.za/

has made an offer in appreciation of our Veterans Service, but also as an offer to thank the large number of Americans that have utilized his business's service.

Pieter has PM'ed me, and what he is offer for Two 24 Hour Campfire forum, is his services for FREE

the parameters are

1. The Veterans would be responsible for their airfare to and from Africa.

2. After that, EVERYTHING ELSE is on Pieter!

That would include a 7 day hunt, along with the fees for two to three heads of game!!!

For any taxidermist needs, can either be worked out in Africa or back stateside...

This generous gift would be worth thousands of dollars in Savings...

I'd like to Thank Pieter personally for making such a generous offer available to our Service Personnel serving in Harms Way, or have returned home safely after doing so...

Hunting AFRICA is a dream for a lot of guys... and here is a Golden Opportunity for that dream to come true...

So here it is to be presented to the forum...

Feel free to contact either myself or Pieter for more details..

Best regards
Seafire

Last edited by Seafire; 04/01/12.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
WOW!

Way to go Pieter!

30-06 till i die, the greatest round ever!

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy!

CEO of a Turdlike People: Turds & Tats Division... (per Ingwe grin )
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Very generous offer!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by ironeagle_84
WOW!

Way to go Pieter!

Got to agree...

I'd throw my hat in the ring, but even with such a generous offer, I still couldn't afford it...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Excellent Pieter!

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That is awesome!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Fantastic! Bear

Bear

Life is what happens to you as you are making other plans.

NRA Patron Member
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Thank you Pieter! Outstanding!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What a generous offer!!!

I'm not a Veteran but being that the only cost is airfare I'd be happy to donate some airline miles. Especially, to someone who meets the qualifications as set forth.

David

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Well if this isn't a aprils fools joke, my hunting partner and I have 8 combined deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan since 2003...would be a dream come true.

Regardless of who gets to take advantage of such a tremendous offer, sounds like Peter is on stand up guy!

-Mike

Last edited by AK416; 04/01/12.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Not an April Fools joke.

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Then a heartfelt thank you to Peter on behalf of veterans everywhere. I don't know that simply doing our jobs is reason enough to deserve such an amazing opportunity but it certainly humbling to see someone raise their hand and offer to do something so selfless for others.

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
what a wonderful offer, and what a fantastic opportunity for a couple of vets.

I am 'in' for this project. Just let me know when. laugh

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
^

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Wow! that is fantastic. This should make someone's dream come true. It sure would mine if I could afford it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
just off the cuff, what would air fare to S. Africa cost?

Sam......

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Pieter is a great PH and a great person. Whoever gets to go will have a wonderful hunt. Thanks Pieter for being who you are.

The foundation for old age is good memories.
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
That is fantastic!! Being a veteran myself it is great to see others offer opportunities like this. In my opinion, there isn't enough thanks going around to make up for their services. I will bow out letting those who endured more than I have take up this offer.

Mannlicher, as for airfare, I booked mine last Novemeber for $1850.

Life is too short to squabble - mend the past, live today, and dream of tomorrow
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Thank you to all for the kind remarks. A small token considering what the armed forces do for all of us and our freedom.

We are still beating out the details but I am already getting excited as this is going to go big.

From the outset I may sometimes be out of reach for a month or so when hunting in Zimbabwe as there are many places we have no reception for emails. Hang in there we will get back to you.

Seafire and I will be communicating on a regular basis and we are busy setting up the rules and regulations so we can make this work. One idea is for the participants to bring along a significant other, or not? Perhaps we can all decide together on a few rules.

Any members have suggestions as to what should be taken into consideration to determine an ultimate winner(s) and if they should bring along an accomplice?

Pieter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm with BYC in trying to pitch in for the airfare. This is amazing Mr. Kriel!

I might know one deserving fella. He is a Morturary Affairs guy, and although he isn't out kicking in doors, his job is to identify remains, and honor our fallen by cleaning them up, and presenting them back to their families so that they have something to bury. The job is hard on him and he suffers with chronic nightmares from the kinds of things he see's daily while over there.

I know another guy from the same unit that is a full blown hero in my mind. We had a huge VBIED blow up one of our FOB's there last year. This FOB was very close to where our FOB was. This man grabed a medical pack and ran to the med shed. He gave blood moments before volunteering to fly out to the bomb site in order to load aircraft with wounded. He helped save dozens of lives that night.

Both of these guys love the outdoors, and I don't believe that either one has ever been to Africa.

Maybe we need to make a list of troops to submit here, and a little about their story, and then vote to send the two chosen?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
715 members (12344mag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 67 invisible), 3,151 guests, and 1,299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,752
Posts18,401,318
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.