Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
the title says it all.
Has anyone had any experience to compare and contrast using the nd Laser genetics green flash light illuminating laser vs a real night vision rifle scope GEN1.

really want comparisons and words of experience of all sorts.

But these laser lights are about the same price as gen 1 night vision, so which would have the optical advantage or practical use advantage?

intended use would be feral hogs and coyotes.

1. I now see the wisdom and merits of much older generations.
2. Technology makes things cheaper, easier, and less labor intensive, but not necessarily better.
GB1

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
really? no one has any experience here?

2. Technology makes things cheaper, easier, and less labor intensive, but not necessarily better.
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
it seems several people are at least interested to know like I am.

Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
the laser genetics ND3 Laser is about $300
and the big one ND3 x 50 is $500-$600

where as there are a few Gen 1 night vision rifle scopes for around $300

How does the laser vs night vision compare? optically, clarity of image?
practicality? Looking around for game "glassing" with either or?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I personally would rather have the ND-3 50 Sub Zero than any Gen 1. If you are going to buy a real Night Vision Scope save your coins until you can at least afford a Gen 2 and if you want the best save until you can get a Gen 3. Don't get caught up in the people who advertise Gen 4 because they don't really exist . I saved until i could afford Gen 3 with the New Pinnacle Tube. My scope is about as good as you can get in night vision. Here is the scope on one of my AR's.
http://www.morovision.com/weapons_sights/MVPA-MV-740-3P.htm

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

I
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I
Save your pennies for sure. Don't even bother with Gen1 NV. To get what you want out of it you will want Gen2 on up with an illuminator. I have played with several over the past few years and decided that what I want is a Gen3 unit. When you get into the really useable gear it is cost prohibitive for most. Not even comparable to the Laser Genetics stuff, apples to oranges. The laser units are toys compared to the good NV but may work just fine for some people.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Until you look through a Gen 3 NV , you really have no idea what night vision scope are all about, you then will never be satisfied with anything less.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T

Still haven't had an explanation that fully satisfies me.

Computers = fraction of the cost they used to be.

TVs = ditto

Just about anything electronic = ditto

Except Gen 3 night vision.

I've heard people say not enough of a market to bring prices down. I'm not satisfied with that. There's not enough of a market because few can pay that kind of money to get entry into the market.

Hard to understand why the Chinese aren't flooding the market with cheap Gen 3. It's what they do best.

Gen 3 scopes, binoculars, security cameras, car cams. Gawd, the possibilities are endless for a huge market.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If you do decide to go with the Laser Genetic get the Sub Zero all the people i have spoke to that have them say the Standard One won't work when the Temp gets into the 30's or below and this is when they are doing most of their night hunting and calling

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bea175
I personally would rather have the ND-3 50 Sub Zero than any Gen 1. If you are going to buy a real Night Vision Scope save your coins until you can at least afford a Gen 2 and if you want the best save until you can get a Gen 3. Don't get caught up in the people who advertise Gen 4 because they don't really exist . I saved until i could afford Gen 3 with the New Pinnacle Tube. My scope is about as good as you can get in night vision. Here is the scope on one of my AR's.
http://www.morovision.com/weapons_sights/MVPA-MV-740-3P.htm

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I see where that scope has come down in price to $1699, I may check them out.

The major difference between belief and fact is those who believe something have come to a conclusion no facts will contradict. Well informed people are open to new facts that oppose their beliefs. That also defines an open and closed mind.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bea175
If you do decide to go with the Laser Genetic get the Sub Zero all the people i have spoke to that have them say the Standard One won't work when the Temp gets into the 30's or below and this is when they are doing most of their night hunting and calling

This is what a pal of mine has for night calling. 2 of the Sub Zeros and they do light up nicely that I can see the retical in my scopes fine when I use his stuff. He has shot many night coyotes this way.

Did I make you cry......boooo hooo, life goes on.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

222 members (257 mag, 222ND, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 20 invisible), 1,505 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,150
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.