Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
At the range this afternoon, Had a lot of feeding problems with the Browning with several brands of ammo and the Ruger ate em all up. Remington bulk & Golden Bullet, Winchester Dynapoints, CCI Stingers, Velocitors, Blazer and Armscore Standard Velocity. The Browning liked the Armscore best for function & accuracy with only a couple of feeding jams with it.

The Ruger ate em all with gusto and the Velocitors & Armscore were the most accurate with the Velocitors hitting POA and the Armscore about .5" higher.

Both were brand new out of the box when we started and we dirtied them up pretty good going through some 1,000 rounds total in the two guns. Buddy had ordered the Browning and it finally arrived the day after he got a smoking deal on the Ruger so now has both! The Browning was $514.00 plus tax and the Ruger was $345.00 plus tax.

I have hopes for the 1911 22 with a different magazine (it only comes with one). The Ruger comes with 2 and both functioned perfectly. The grip on the Ruger is a bear to change as it is held on with a couple of detentes and friction and just pulls off the frame.

I will keep my Walther P22 for now but the little Browning is so neat I may have to have one!

Anyway, both delivered 2" groups at 25 yards for both of us after a little break in but the Browning was a P I T A having to hand cycle it at least once every magazine full. I did get a 1.5" 10 shot group one handed at the 7 yard target and with my shaky hands that is FANTASTIC!

Sorry no pictures as it was a spur of the moment thing and just an informal shooting trip to try them out.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

GB1

T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
OH, fit and finish on both are superb and both are great looking little plinkers.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I've got an SR-22 on order.. I handled one at the local store a few days ago and was very impressed with the ergonomics of the grip and the simplicity of takedown.. A very nice little unit, IMHO..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have a 1911-22 and it functions flawlessly, but then I've only shot CCI Mini-Mags through it. Very happy with the pistol.

`Bring Enough Gun`
T LEE Offline OP
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I think this one has a defective magazine, we ordered two new ones. $34.50 a pop wholesale!

Old cat turd!

IC B2

A
A
T Lee, did you get the magazines?

I bought a Browning 1911 22 a few weeks ago and it jams like crazy. This is the only post I have found where someone besides me had a problem with one. I talked to the folks at Browning today and they want me to take it to the range one more time and check my grip, but if that doesn't change anything they want me to send it in. I was very aware of my grip yesterday, the second time I was able to shoot it, and was careful to keep it stiff and steady. It still repeatedly jammed for me and for the admittedly stronger person I had with me. I was only shooting high velocity CCI, mostly minimags because those had jammed the least of the half dozen types of ammo I tried when I took it out the first time. I have about 400 rounds through it right now. I also have a Walther P22 which isn't giving me any problems as long as I stick to high velocity CCI ammo. The Browning was supposed to be less ammo sensitive, and just about everything I've read backs that up. I have not been able to find another magazine for love nor money, and since I live a few miles away from Midway USA, that is very frustrating.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Alletta; 04/13/12.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

627 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 68 invisible), 2,026 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,257
Posts18,448,126
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.