Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I do a collapsing spinner with float and fly and a couple of spinners if need be.

When I bring everything I usually regret it and look at what I didn't use, when I go lean, I usually think about what I could have used but didn't have.

Lightweight Tipi Tents and Hunting Tents https://seekoutside.com/tipis-and-hot-tents/
Backpacks for backpack hunting https://seekoutside.com/hunting-backpacks/
Hot Tent Systemshttps://seekoutside.com/hot-tent-combos/
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Very few things can compare to being in a remote location and having some good fishing,solitude & scenery to boot. You can bet your boots the only way to hit these spots is with a pack on your back!
I am an old school..crawler and spinner fisherman when I hit the hi country.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Turn me loose, set me free, somewhere in the middle of Montana!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Even my dog gets in on the action lol!
[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Pretty country!! I'm jealous.

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tipmover
Even my dog gets in on the action lol!
[Linked Image]
Great pic!!! Awesome! What kind of dog is that?

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That's Leroy (RIP)...American Pit Bull Terrier. It's great having a dog to bring along..especially if he can pack in his food, bedding ect. Oh, and the jug of whiskey!

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
How did Leroy like his fish? Fried, I'm guessing?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
Originally Posted by Okanagan
Originally Posted by littlebuf
i will be taking my 8 year old daughter on her first backpacking trip this year and it will be to go fishing.she loves to fish and im hopping she will love to backpack.ive never done a backpack fishing trip,just hunting.so this will be a first for both of us.cant wait,late July early august in the alpine lakes of Washington state with my little girl.sounds like heaven to me

Alpine lakes are gorgeous. Advice from one Dad whose kids are now grown and I wish I'd followed better myself: Make it fun for her as your first priority, over catching fish, early starts, anything else.

sound advice and sometimes we dads can forget once in a while.its a relitivly short hike to where were going.about 4 miles maybe a little less.but for short legs in the mountains thats a pretty good hike.were going to leave early and im going to let her lead,at her pace. i want her to love it as much as i do

Last edited by littlebuf; 04/16/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I live in the best place in the world to flyfish real wilderrness, and that's all I'm saying whistle

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by tipmover
That's Leroy (RIP)...American Pit Bull Terrier. It's great having a dog to bring along..especially if he can pack in his food, bedding ect. Oh, and the jug of whiskey!
The voice of experience - NEVER put anything in a dog pack on a lab that isn't waterproof. Pack or not, a lab's going swimming.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Ha..ha Rock Chuck!
That is good advise being my new dog is a Black Lab that adores swimming in water!

Smokepole..he would take them about anyway he could get them in his mouth.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Caught these last Wednesday in a remote Adirondack brook trout pond out of an ultralight 10.5' kevlar canoe. Trolled a lure and night crawler. No bites on flies and sinking fly lines. Just over 4.1 pounds for the pair.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nice fish and pictures guys...

FWIW, be careful giving fish (salmonid family in particular) to your canine friends.. The blood is like a poison to them..Don't let them eat it raw..

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Backpack fishing trips are the best summer activity. Great scenary, good exercise prep for hunting season, and lots of fun. In Idaho we get ice off sometime between mid June and Aug. 1 depending on the elevation and Southern exposure. If you can catch the lake at ice-off, the fish are hungry and cruising the shorelines. I have caught and released over 60 fish in an hour on the day of ice off, and the big ones are most accessible during this time. When summer scouting for elk, will generally pack a rod if there are lakes in the area and stop for lunch at the lake (fish on the menu).

I carry an inexpensive pack-rod that has a reversible handle and then pack a small fly reel and small spin real with a pocket-size tackle box. With both sets of gear, I have never not caught fish.

Pack some aluminum foil, small vile of seasoned salt of your choice and a bit of cayenne pepper. Season up, roll the fish in foil and throw on a bed of campfire coals. Makes for a great dinner after an awesome day of being in the wilderness.

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by fshaw
Caught these last Wednesday in a remote Adirondack brook trout pond out of an ultralight 10.5' kevlar canoe. Trolled a lure and night crawler. No bites on flies and sinking fly lines. Just over 4.1 pounds for the pair.

[Linked Image]

Those are beautiful, you have to love the Adirondacks, although I am a bit jealous of some of these fellas after looking at their pics of where they fish. What part of the Adirondacks do you live?

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
North Creek area. You?

Last edited by fshaw; 04/18/12.
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Fulton county just outside of Northville

O
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
O
Irving and fshaw, I'm in Glens Falls, do you two do any back pack hunts in the Adirondacks? I get at least one in every deer season.

Sucess only comes before work in the dictionary.
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I
Last year was the first year I decided to break away from the deer drives and head out on my own, My friend has a camp in Caroga Lake that we use as a base camp and head out as far as we can go in a day. This year I want to do a few overnights someplace because as I discovered last year, it doesn't matter if there are signs on the trailheads that say no atvs, it won't stop people from using them. Nothing is more frustrating then getting up a few hours before dawn hiking several miles to find atvs parked where you plan to start hunting. Nice to meet you OK

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I knew how to move a thread I would bring #5690125, my backpack fishing trip to the Beartooths to here.

If anybody knows how, please do it and let me know how you did it.

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

531 members (1234, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 160user, 43 invisible), 2,672 guests, and 1,104 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,290
Posts18,467,910
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.