Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
This bunch doesn't discriminate. Established members are treated equally to newbies. shocked GW grin

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI
BP-B2

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by oldtimer303
This bunch doesn't discriminate. Established members are treated equally to newbies. shocked GW grin

You nailed it GW! It's all in the reaction...if you dish it, you should expect it too. It's like that in any endeavor.

Problem arises when an opinion is voiced and then feelings get hurt and the next thing you know, you find yourself on the schitt list.

[bleep] amusing, really!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by fatjack34
Originally Posted by oldtimer303

You nailed it GW! It's all in the reaction...if you dish it, you should expect it too. It's like that in any endeavor.

Problem arises when an opinion is voiced and then feelings get hurt and the next thing you know, you find yourself on the schitt list.

[bleep] amusing, really!

I've been on Chitt list for almost 25 years. grin According to the Honey-Do! grin

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Nice gun LBK. it wont be long before, No one will post any pics of there 99s! Pretty much the ones that get posted now are ones that are for sale. Hell alot of guys that used to post on here dont even bother anymore, Gee i wonder why???????

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by saddlering
Nice gun LBK. it wont be long before, No one will post any pics of there 99s! Pretty much the ones that get posted now are ones that are for sale. Hell alot of guys that used to post on here dont even bother anymore, Gee i wonder why???????

I would venture to say it deals with attitudes and personalities and may I dare say cliques....

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Don't ya know you can't post a gun here in less than 98% , this is a collectors forum. And if you're gonna sell it, better not ask for more than half it's value or the cronies here will flip out. I won't ever post a gun pic here anymore, even of my good ones.

Someone should start a thread about what NOT to do on this forum, then have Rick make it a sticky.

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
So the pads were iffy enough that Steven asked half a dozen collectors about it, but I'm a jerk for commenting on it.

I've probably posted more pics of guns here for open and frank discussion than anybody. I've never had problems with somebody pointing things out or discussing any issues, whether it was a rat or a queen.

The one thing drilled into me when I got here was to expect honest discussions of any gun posted.

Guess I missed the change. I'll just withhold comments in the future, maybe discuss things via PM with a few folks.

Last edited by Calhoun; 04/23/12.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I went to the range today and fired off my model 1912 and then sighted in my Browning 10 ga for turkey season. I'm thinking everyone else in this thread should go destroy some paper soon to, spring fever should be over!

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Calhoun
So the pads were iffy enough that Steven asked half a dozen collectors about it, but I'm a jerk for commenting on it.

I've probably posted more pics of guns here for open and frank discussion than anybody. I've never had problems with somebody pointing things out or discussing any issues, whether it was a rat or a queen.

The one thing drilled into me when I got here was to expect honest discussions of any gun posted.

Guess I missed the change. I'll just withhold comments in the future, maybe discuss things via PM with a few folks if I hang around.

Rory
I never said ya was a jerk, nor drew, I just stated my opinion.
I personally think the Gun is very Nice, and looked at all the Photo's, Personally My opinion, the way the photo shows led to comments,,all other on the other side look right, optical allusion or what ever ya want to call it.

To me the rifle is right as rain.
I just get sick and tired when a person post a gun that there proud of in what they obtained,and the nit pick fly shiz comes along.
For Me, and Only the way i personally feel, i get tired of flea shiz picking on person's gun, weather is reworked, brought back to life or even slightly retouched ,or original.

The rifle he obtain, is not dicked with, or bubbed' and is a very nice specimen of a rifle.

I don't pat back's for brownie points, just stating my opinion,just like you or any-one else is entailed to there.
But i looked at all the photo's and all look right,,so throw the last one out because of angle is my opinion.

P.S.
Stephen sorry if i stirred your post the wrong way.
Personally as i said before Nice rifle, congrats and enjoy.
Steve

Last edited by 1899sav; 04/23/12.

�Can we move this along?" a bored voice stated. "I have places to be and people to shag."

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by billy336

Someone should start a thread about what NOT to do on this forum, then have Rick make it a sticky.

Do NOT voice an opinion and expect there to be intelligent discussion about it without it eventually degrading into name calling.

Do NOT post pictures of your trophy guns and expect everybody to love them as much as you do.

Do NOT panic and overreact if you get a little sand in your vagina, it is easily washed out with a little soap and water.

Cracks me up.....................laughin.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
99guy, good post sir!!

Last edited by billy336; 04/23/12.

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Actually, I'm more partial to this quote:

Originally Posted by Calhoun
Ain't nobody on this site perfect - except Joe.

At least one of us here has got it right. grin

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ain't nobody on this site perfect - except Joe

Not so.

Joe's a drunkard through and through, He's a friend though he's true blue, He's a soak so they say, he tried to get to Heaven but he went the other way, so drink chugalug chugalug chugalug.... grin

Anyway, nice rifle LBK!

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Have you ever been down to an Irishman's shanty,
where liquor is scarce and maggots are plenty,
They eat with their fingers,
and fight with their knives,
To keep the damn maggots from taking their live's.

When it comes to choosing friends....I'm at an age where I'd rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Nice Pre-R. The one thing that would make it look better..... is if was in my safe. grin whistle

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Clear to see that you pack of over critical wolves have managed once again to alienate a member or members.

It has been incredible to see the amount of disdain here.

I feel like there is a theme.

I wish you could learn to behave.

I watch and notice many of the regulars are no longer posting, at least publically.

I am sure that of this group the private message system is hot.

From what I observed, many of the posters love to give honest criticism/observations but when it pertains to their situation they do not do well. That is a 2 way street.

In regard to what began this incredible posting, I personally would like to own this rifle. It doesn't matter to me that it has had some tasteful work done to it. It is nice and a rifle to be hunted.

Fireballredux loves you all! Misfits and the like! Good Day.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

� John 3:16
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You haven't even been around long enough to know who the regulars were that aren't around anymore.

24 hour sarcastic S.O.B.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by mad_dog
You haven't even been around long enough to know who the regulars were that aren't around anymore.

..was thinking the same thing! I been around for about 3-4 years and i haven't a farking clue who the real regulars are myself!

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Some people read more into various posts than others. The "Savage Collectors" are like a family, disfunctional, but a family. Some are thin skinned, some are thick skinned, and everybody has a "drunkel",(drunk uncle for the obviously challenged) but these folks somehow always survive. They get their panties in a wad, but always get over it. Nobody here hasn't heard anything on a post they probably havent heard at the local pub, or from a close acquaintence. Hell, my friends are ruder to my face than most posts here are in print. Guess what, I still am here carrying on.

This "Savage Collectors" thread might be sometimes brutal, but its entertaining, and learn along the way.

Just my .02 cents
Jerry

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I just wish some of the experts around here would tell me if my H has been sanded or not and how they can tell which guns left the factory with rounded cheeks and which did not... I've never known any in this group to not be willing to share info before... I don't understand why we are so locked up now...

Andrew
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 160user, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.