Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
I can't see why any American can view the Ron Paul energy as anything but positive.

*Real* grassroots people are schooling themselves in the workings of elections,...being active,...turning out the vote,...being diligent.

Anyone can do it for any candidate if they simply have the motivation to.

The liberty movement is real,...it's growing,..and it's not going to go away.

Ron Paul may not get the nomination this election cycle, but there's a large, growing element emerging among America's youth who are very motivated about holding government accountable for it's actions.

That's a *good* thing,...that's the *real* acts of Patriots.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Ron Paul may not get the nomination this election cycle

not really climbing out on a limb with that prediction, bro.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I was planning to vote in the Dem primary here because of county offices,but I guess I'll ask for a R ballot and vote for Mitt,so the Paulbots can't exploit the opportunity.

They have a golden opportunity to really inflate his numbers in Texas because of ABO voters ignoring the Repub primary.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I like the news on both fronts, Paul having a seat at the table at the convention and Buddy going from a home that was better than what he left and now one that suits him and his needs even mo' betta!

what's not to like?

well other than Grace's sadness over the gig, but Grace is a smart girl by all accounts, soon to be headed to college and the busy life that entails, that she's had one more lesson before starting college that doing the right thing isn't always the easy thing will only add to the fine woman I'm certain she's on the path toward becoming.

I can forsee a trip in Grace's future to Mickey's place to do a little shooting and see how happy Buddy truly is in his new digs with all his companions.

as an aside Steve, since you're in to taking in strays, I've seen pix of your beautiful home, I think I can fairly certain say if you drag my azz back there I won't be going all Papillion on ya!

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

but I guess this is the guerilla warfare the Paulistas have been promising......

Run for your lives! The Ron Paul supporters are massing outside of town!

I don't know where they are massing......guerillas usually hide in "the hills", but of course there aren't any of those within a hundred miles of here.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
IC B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
No,...but it's not about Ron Paul.

It's not even about this election anymore.

It's gotten much bigger than that.

This is a bona fide political movement that's starting to grow exponentially,...and it's a very wholesome one. It's the first one I've ever witnessed.

In fact, I don't think America's ever seen one like this.

The 60's produced a societal revolution of sorts,...but its people weren't really serious about working within the system,...and partying played much too big a role in it.

These young people today aren't playing.

This isn't a game.

Ron Paul can show up virtually anywhere in America and thousands of young people will turn out to see him,...and the crowds just keep getting bigger.

He's an idea whose time has come.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Like this,...when has this ever happened before?

http://www.examiner.com/article/ron...0-supporters-flood-streets-ignoring-rain

Ron Paul speaks in Philadelphia 4,300 supporters flood streets ignoring rain

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
He had a big turnout of students and others here in Austin the other day, according to the headlines of the local paper.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
In fact, I don't think America's ever seen one like this
The Goldwater movement came close.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
George Wallace was building a head of steam before he met his unfortunate demise as an active politician.

IC B3

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by poboy
He had a big turnout of students and others here in Austin the other day, according to the headlines of the local paper.

Yeah,..I hear he drew some people to Austin.

[Linked Image]

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Looks like alot of folks.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I like the news on both fronts, Paul having a seat at the table at the convention and Buddy going from a home that was better than what he left and now one that suits him and his needs even mo' betta!

what's not to like?

well other than Grace's sadness over the gig, but Grace is a smart girl by all accounts, soon to be headed to college and the busy life that entails, that she's had one more lesson before starting college that doing the right thing isn't always the easy thing will only add to the fine woman I'm certain she's on the path toward becoming.

I can forsee a trip in Grace's future to Mickey's place to do a little shooting and see how happy Buddy truly is in his new digs with all his companions.

as an aside Steve, since you're in to taking in strays, I've seen pix of your beautiful home, I think I can fairly certain say if you drag my azz back there I won't be going all Papillion on ya!

Buddy and I are "trailer park trash" now and neither of us minds it one bit. smile He saw a squirrel this morning on his trek to the pond and was kinda like me on my first date with a hot girl.....I didn't know what to do with it, either. laugh

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
By any chance,did Steve try to "negotiate" a rifle build "exchange" during your visit,Mick?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Steve_NO
he said he thought it was some Obama counter demonstration protesting the republican caucus.....lots of real republicans avoided the issue altogether, since it looked like some kind of riot on St. Charles Avenue.

and since we voted in a real primary weeks ago, very few people knew this was going on unless they were running for delegate or had some other reason to go.

What folks voted in weeks ago was the straw poll. This is the delegate election, which is what counts. The latter was the part easily manipulated when your side controls the MSM and the Party establishment. The delegate selection process isn't nearly as subject to said manipulation.

It wasn't any freakint straw poll...it was a primary election, you know what those are? secret ballot...voting machines...IDs...all that official type stuff.

not subject to being swarmed by brown shirts going to Tulane on their daddy's or the taxpayer's dime.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RISJR
By any chance,did Steve try to "negotiate" a rifle build "exchange" during your visit,Mick?

actually yes....if you're making the ten hour round trip pilgrimage to Rachel's Glen, you might as well do some rifle bidness while you're at it. I scratched my .257 Roberts itch.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RISJR

Not really but Badger was here when Steve arrived and Badger whispered in my ear that I should petition for "child support" for Buddy. It was taken in for consideration but nothing more has been heard from The Plaintiff. I'm not willing to press the issue having gotten a great dog out of the deal.

Now that I think about it there was some talk about a .257 Roberts.....may I have a moment to consult my notes, your Honor?

I know this does not need to be said but Steve is fine people and great company. I'm just sorry it was a "thunder run" to deliver Buddy. We didn't get to spend all that much time together.......we didn't even get halfway through the list of members at the 'fire. wink

Last edited by MColeman; 04/29/12.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Like this,...when has this ever happened before?

http://www.examiner.com/article/ron...0-supporters-flood-streets-ignoring-rain

Ron Paul speaks in Philadelphia 4,300 supporters flood streets ignoring rain

Well.

it was time for a bath anyway. And it was free........ grin

Just yanking your chain, Bristoe......... whistle

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
The Alaska GOP leadership bit off more than it could chew.

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/article/alaska-gop-warned-stop-meddling-ron-paul-delegates

Alaska GOP warned to stop meddling with Ron Paul delegates

Cutler was asked whether he thought Alaska GOP officials were intentionally trying to make it difficult for Ron Paul presidential delegates to complete their party business and participate in the upcoming state and party conventions.

"While I cannot read anyone's mind or intentions," he said, "the numerous verbal and written accounts I've received � would make a reasonable person suspect this is the case." All he wants, he added, is for party officials to follow the rules to enable full participation in the election process.

Cutler's response echoed what the Paul for President campaign's lawyer spelled out in an April 17 letter excoriating Ruedrich for what amounts to party mismanagement that threatens to violate "rights of Alaskans to participate in the political process." The letter, from David A. Warrington of the Virginia law firm LeClairRyan, takes Ruedrich to task for frustrating Paul supporters "at every turn" for not accepting checks, not promptly returning money orders, confusing credit card processing, and other alleged misdeeds.

The Paul campaign decided to intercede and attempted to pay some fees for Alaskans that wanted to stand up for Paul at the state and national conventions. Ruedrich and the GOP refused payment from the national campaign.

Then this,..

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/artic...miller-take-over-alaska-republican-party

Ron Paul supporters team with Joe Miller to take over Alaska Republican Party

After at least 12 years of the Alaska GOP being run by what those party newcomers call �establishment Republicans,� a new force is taking over: Alaska Republicans voted Russ Millete as the party�s new chairman and Debbie Holland-Brown as co-chair. They are both supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
In fact, I don't think America's ever seen one like this
The Goldwater movement came close.

4,300? As a Palinista�yawn�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 06hunter59, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 38 invisible), 1,875 guests, and 1,036 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,602
Posts18,454,671
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.