24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ron Paul is merely a distraction, like Ross Perot was. Simple.

GOA
BP-B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
The RNC is the distraction.

It's repeatedly failed miserably at representing Republicans.

There's a movement afoot to replace its corrupt leadeship with those who are much more responsible to the wishes of conservatives in America,...and it's starting to happen.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Bristoe, it is pretty clear for those who have an eye with which to see, we are moving further into the post-modern era.

after coming off WWII as the single big winner, we have placed our tentacles all over the world. but, it's been a long time since those tentacles were brand new, some are 65 years old, or even older.

newer tentacles are emerging from other corners of the Earth.

again, i'm afraid time is running out for a more "simplistic" outcome.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Oh,..there's nothing simple about it.

That much has already been made clear.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
The primaries aren't over.

And yes,...Ron Paul would spank Obama in the general election.

You need to inform yourself.

There's a political revolution taking shape in America.

The primaries are over.

By the time Romney takes Texas on May 29 with more than a 100 of the 155 delegates in a landslide in Paul�s home state; he will be close to or over 1200 delegates and he only needs 1144.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
This spells it out is a few seconds.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hgsg7a-Ok8Q[/video]

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
The primaries aren't over.

And yes,...Ron Paul would spank Obama in the general election.

You need to inform yourself.

There's a political revolution taking shape in America.

The primaries are over.

By the time Romney takes Texas on May 29 with more than a 100 of the 155 delegates in a landslide in Paul�s home state; he will be close to or over 1200 delegates and he only needs 1144.

In the first place,...no,..the primaries aren't over.

In the second, no one knows the true delegate count.

But keep on wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood.

Some of us aren't ready to give up yet.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Granted, there's no holding back an idea whose time has come.

on the other hand, there's no successfully introducing an idea whose time hasn't come.

while i'm a centrist Libertarian according to the test, i remain a staunch arche fiscal conservative.

the Gold Standard gives me the jeebies. it's been tried, and rejected by the best minds that money can buy. grin

seriously, until some MIT mathematician comes up with a new and acceptable monetary theory to replace the one we have, we are stuck in the status quo. Yes, innovation in the monetary theory might could help. but, who's toting the proposed new idea for mass dissemination?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Palin is yesterday's news.

A Ron Paul supporter is now chairman of the Alaska GOP.

Did you miss yesterday�s news when Palin gave the 2012 CPAC keynote to an overflowing 3-room crowd?

A Paul turnout in the rain of only 4,300?

Palin did 6-8000 in a Madison snowstorm and she wasn�t even running.

Despite a disappointing third place finish in the March 6 Alaska caucuses�
From the Alaska Dispatch:
This weekend, it was the young, sometimes bedraggled but always politically strident and not always so polite, supporters of presidential candidate Ron Paul who were certain that if they were in charge of the party, Alaska and the country would be a better place.
And now they�ll get their chance to prove it

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

I've been a Ron Paul supporter for years,...but I have to confess,...I didn't think I'd ever see what's happening today,..especially what's occurred in the past few months.

It's pretty wild.

I'm enjoying it.
Me too.

IC B3

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Gus

seriously, until some MIT mathematician comes up with a new and acceptable monetary theory to replace the one we have, we are stuck in the status quo.

Well,...yeah,...we're stuck with it as long as it lasts,..but that's not going to be very long.

When the price of gold goes from $300 an ounce to $1600 an ounce in 10 years,...when the national debt hits 16 trillion dollars and is increasing at the rate of a trillion dollars a year,..the fat is definitely in the fire as far as the American dollar is concerned.

The time to be considering an alternative to our fiat money system was a long time ago,....but "now" is as good of a chance as is left.

Tomorrow will be a bit worse,..and the day after,...and the day after,.....

The plug needs to be pulled as soon as possible.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
very true, in terms of describing the challenge.

however, falling back to a failed system can only last a minimum of time. gold & silver has already been tried, attempted, and moved away from. no doubt a better system is Needed, but no need to fall into a bucket of once used excrement.

if gold and silver had worked, we'd, as a group of voters, chosen to stay with it. but, we didn't.

to diverge from the Story a bit, no sense in the Hebrew children returning to Egypt under Pharoah's rule, just because summers were hot and winters were cold in the Sinai. the correct answer was chosen...to keep moving forward. Toyota had it right, all along.

we're living at the far-edge of our available technology. what is needed is innovative breakthroughs. free energy suits me just fine. we'll deal with the increasing population of breeding adults later.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Gus

if gold and silver had worked, we'd, as a group of voters, chosen to stay with it. but, we didn't.

When did anybody vote to go off the gold standard?

What was it's failure?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

What was it's failure?

ok, if it was so good, why didn't we vote to re-instate it?

it's failure? the political system, as elected by the voters, made the decision to abandon it, with all it's good looks and warts combined as a unit.

Bristoe, everything we have done, we have done with the support of a democratic voting system. is the voting system wrong, or has the gold & silver std really failed, causing the system to move forward to the next best alternative?

btw, i don't know the answer to the question. but, it sure sounds like a lot of folks want to return to slavery in Egypt, rather than being free to prosper or starve on their own devises and merits?

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Why the people don't simply "vote away" anything smacking of tyranny is a huge topic.

For now, I'll content myself with supporting those *very* few people in government who want to shrink our government down to its original configuration,...or even smaller, if possible.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by Gus

What was it's failure?

ok, if it was so good, why didn't we vote to re-instate it?

it's failure? the political system, as elected by the voters, made the decision to abandon it, with all it's good looks and warts combined as a unit.

Bristoe, everything we have done, we have done with the support of a democratic voting system. is the voting system wrong, or has the gold & silver std really failed, causing the system to move forward to the next best alternative?

btw, i don't know the answer to the question. but, it sure sounds like a lot of folks want to return to slavery in Egypt, rather than being free to prosper or starve on their own devises and merits?
Try reading a little something about the history of gold and silver as money, and how and why it was outlawed. Rothbard wrote some excellent books and articles on it.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
oh, i have, and thank you ever so much for the suggestions.

not once have i said i'm anti-Libertarian, or anti-Paul, or anti anything except gun licenses and permits.

beyond that, perhaps owning a productive gold mine is far better than working for wages in a Long Island sewing shop?

NOW, to attract democrats to your Storyline, perhaps nationalizing or globalizing all the gold and silver resources would be a step forward?

far from perfect, but it'd be a start, maybe. there's nothing wrong with alternative viewpoints as we gather at the RoundTable. but, at some point a central Ldr chooses to dispatch troops to assassinate Osama bin Laden, or they don't.

to be specific, we've had a gold standard. through evolution, or failure, or whatever reason, a new idea emerged upon the face of the Earth. in an analogy, to go back to gold is to return to Egypt. maybe we shouldn't have ever left? i mean, has slavery turned out to be so bad, after all?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

I've been a Ron Paul supporter for years,...but I have to confess,...I didn't think I'd ever see what's happening today,..especially what's occurred in the past few months.

It's pretty wild.

you mean losing primary after primary, by huge margins?

you've already forgotten he did exactly the same thing in 2008?

at some point in the process this zeal and loyalty crosses over into delusion and madness when you're still acting like RP is a factor in the nomination race.

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steve_NO

It's pretty wild.

you mean losing primary after primary, by huge margins?

you've already forgotten he did exactly the same thing in 2008?

at some point in the process this zeal and loyalty crosses over into delusion and madness when you're still acting like RP is a factor in the nomination race.

Like I said before.

The liberty movement has transcended Ron Paul,...although he'll always be considered the father of it.

It definitely will continue to grow and will play a larger and larger role in the decisions of government.

,...and something else,..

The GOP is dead in the water without it,...and I think its leadership has very recently begun to understand that.

Mitt Romney cannot get elected president.

That idea is over.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
115 members (338reddog, 32_20fan, 01Foreman400, 35, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,448 guests, and 728 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,889
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.