Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
Can anyone tell me why people get so upset when someone says something bad about the brand of rifle they use? I mean good Lord people it is just a tool. Don't get me wrong because I am a rifle loony through and through but I don't get my panties all bunched up if someone doesn't like a gun that I do. Can we grow up?

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
BP-B6

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I've read it too, its funny as hell, ICGAS if folks like my rifles or not, if a man likes what he has, or in some cases may be all he can afford at the time, no one should look or talk down another mans weapon.

After all, he is a sportsman and trying to hunt and shoot, and his VOTE is just as important than anyone else's.

Gunner

Last edited by gunner500; 05/02/12.

Trump Won!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by pacecars
Can we grow up?

No, probably not. The same thing happens when the conversation turns to trucks, cars, whiskey, TV's, boots, tires, computers, etc. etc. etc.... If there is more than one type, brand or model of something there will be lively discussions. grin

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
It is all about the need of some people to believe they have the best and they are right about everything.... If you do not agree with what they say then they get their undies in a wad.... basic play yard behavior for those who have not grown up yet....

The worst thing ever to happen to cops is the personal video recorder... Now people can see the truth
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

I believe this is where people feel the line has been crossed, when their gun has been insulted. I know I disliked Dodge trucks for years and now I drive one...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by pacecars
Can anyone tell me why people get so upset when someone says something bad about the brand of rifle they use? I mean good Lord people it is just a tool. Don't get me wrong because I am a rifle loony through and through but I don't get my panties all bunched up if someone doesn't like a gun that I do. Can we grow up?

Say what you will about the woman I'm with. But leave my rifles alone.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shrapnel
John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.

I believe this is where people feel the line has been crossed, when their gun has been insulted. I know I disliked Dodge trucks for years and now I drive one...

That makes me want to buy a Dodge.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
My favorite is the optics forum...lots of good optics out there...but if yours arent GREAT, you just dont merit the bandwidth...the phunny part is that those who expound at length about miracle optics ordinarily do their shooting from a bench someplace...those who slap a Leupy on an '06 and use them till the finish is worn off- with nary a problem I might add- are woefully absent from the conversations...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Do you know how hard I'm biting my virtual tongue on this one?? eek

I will say one thing in your defense...your rifles look to be the more tawdry of the two...especially that green and yellow 10/22 thing...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
you mean slap on a Conquest......

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by kenjs1
you mean slap on a Conquest......

Bastid! grin

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
My favorite is the optics forum...lots of good optics out there...but if yours arent GREAT, you just dont merit the bandwidth....
You think that's bad, just wander over to the 'photography' forum.. If you don't use Canon - you're dog barf...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
...those who slap a Leupy on an '06 and use them till the finish is worn off- with nary a problem I might add- are woefully absent from the conversations...

Not absent.....but their opinions and experiences get lost in the din...They can't POSSIBLY know anything... grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BobinNH
...those who slap a Leupy on an '06 and use them till the finish is worn off- with nary a problem I might add- are woefully absent from the conversations...

Not absent.....but their opinions and experiences get lost in the din...They can't POSSIBLY know anything... grin

True dat Bob...and this is not to mention the rare devastatingly handsome individual with more practical experience on game than Karamojo Bell...who happily sallies forth with a 1.5-5 Leupy mounted on a push feed 7x57 and fills arks with wreckless abandon...... whistle

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by BobinNH

True dat Bob...and this is not to mention the rare devastatingly handsome individual with more practical experience on game than Karamojo Bell...who happily sallies forth with a 1.5-5 Leupy mounted on a push feed 7x57 and fills arks with wreckless abandon...... whistle

I wuz thinkin' that....the thought crossed my mind! grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
When my shooting is good enough to notice the difference in accuracy between gun makers I'll feel entitled to criticize.

That said, many people on the campfire, myself included, have personal preferences about seemingly insignificant qualities in firearms. What might be important to me, like having iron sights on a rifle, doesn't mean anything to anyone else.

In my opinion, the level of financial ability in hunting varies tremendously from person to person. Some people will only use the very best regardless of cost. Others will be just as satisfied using an older gun because the animal doesn't know the cost.

I've found a lot of good and bad information here on qualities I simply haven't considered.

For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule: "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

2 Thessalonians 3:10
P
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
P
My favorite is the optics forum...lots of good optics out there...but if yours arent GREAT, you just dont merit the bandwidth...the phunny part is that those who expound at length about miracle optics ordinarily do their shooting from a bench someplace...those who slap a Leupy on an '06 and use them till the finish is worn off- with nary a problem I might add- are woefully absent from the conversations...

Very true. I guess if you spend a couple of grand on a scope you may feel the need to justify it to yourself. I like Leupolds best but have no problems with people that don't

Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think it shows our self important concepts. If I have made a choice it must be the correct choice If someone points out the possibility of a better choice it must be a criticsm of me personally.

The first time I encountered this with firearms was at a PPC shoot. I had purchased a Taurus 2" barrel revolver to compete in the side match for snubbies. There was much derisive laughter and commentary on the poor quality of the gun. That is until I shot a 600/54X round with it. It was the first off market firearm I ever purchased but would not be the last.

Please realise that criticism will come no matter what your choices are. If you believe your choice was actually flawed do something about it. In all reality your choice is Aas valid as anyone elses.

Praise the Lord for full Salvation
Christ Still lives upon the throne
And I know the blood still cleansess
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

Travis

Do you know how hard I'm biting my virtual tongue on this one?? eek

I will say one thing in your defense...your rifles look to be the more tawdry of the two...especially that green and yellow 10/22 thing...

I don't know what tawdry means so I'll just play it safe and tell you to GFY.

Travis

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yea,but I still won't have a Remington 700. I mean really,why would I go to the trouble to get it out of the safe,bag it, collect some ammo,drive to range to shoot and have the bolt handle fall off....WTF? and just sit there with nothing to shoot?
I 'll stick to my Rugers,Winchesters,Brno's and Mausers...

now,we can begin..."Fight Club"!

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
635 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 257 roberts, 66 invisible), 2,795 guests, and 1,409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,237
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.