Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by RDFinn
grin

I don't know about your guns, but this has to be the stupidest video I have never watched, what the hell does it have to do with anything???

It sounds like it's an ad for a varmint call. Let me know how it works... I may rent one.

grin

I saw a movie where only the military and the police had guns. It was called Schindler's List.
BP-B6

J
J
Whatever you do, do not put a Leupold on an Ithaca Deerslayer. Parts of NY are shotgun and my Deerslayer might as well be a "scope slayer". Two Leupolds, a Simmons and a Zeiss Conquest all went back to the factory for rehab after shooting 385 gr. slugs at 1900 fps. Nikon Slug Hunter seems to be holding up.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BobinNH
Originally Posted by logcutter
Sounds like the Leupy on my '06. It's been there since the mid 60's.

Or the K-4 sitting on my .270 Pre '64 since the 50's.

Jayco

Man, you guys is OLD! grin

Not really. My Grandpa put that Leupold on that .30-06. He just passed it on to me a few years ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by boomer68
Another great way to get some people heated up is to mention your like for Weatherby Mk V rifles. Man, the haters on some sites are brutal.

I love Mark V's! Nothing better IMO.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by moosemike
Another great way to get some people heated up is to mention your like for Weatherby Mk V rifles. Man, the haters on some sites are brutal.

.........I`m sure some Bee haters will volunteer to stand a few hundred yards downrange from a well sighted in Mk5... laugh

Really like my 338-378 Accumark. Let`em bash and hate the Mk5s all they want.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger

IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze

.........I`m sure some Bee haters will volunteer to stand a few hundred yards downrange from a well sighted in Mk5... laugh

But if the are hit will they rise form the dead too?

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

It's called envy wink

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
What really sucks is reading three pages of this after thinking up all kinds of good [bleep] to say and find everyone else has already said it...

"I would build one again, if it were not for my 350RM (grin)."

MtnHtr
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by wahunterinrok
But if the are hit will they rise form the dead too?
............Waa Waa hunter in da rok.....Let me help you out just a little here.

Quoting you now per letter....."But if the are hit will they rise form the dead too?".....Unquote......."The are hit?" and "form the dead?" laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

Here`s the correct way to type what you wanted to type.

"But if THEY are hit (a comma should go right here btw), will they rise FROM the dead too?

Yo fingaas a little too fat for your keyboard there?... laugh laugh laugh

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S

Wow, you and bigsqueeze , found two guys who like Weatherbys?
On this site, and http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=657592
...they HATE the Weatherby MK5, well my post here & there was for choosing a DG rifles, the Weatherby being one of 4, ( others CZ Safari Classic, Sako 85 Kodiak & McMillan Prestige ).
They say PHs in Africa loath Weatherbys and they fail miserably when stressed and mildly tossed around, they are only good for the range?
ONLY CRF is suitable for a DGR, not the cheap inferior PF of a Weatherby or Remington ???

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by sig45elite

Wow, you and bigsqueeze , found two guys who like Weatherbys?
On this site, and http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=657592
...they HATE the Weatherby MK5, well my post here & there was for choosing a DG rifles, the Weatherby being one of 4, ( others CZ Safari Classic, Sako 85 Kodiak & McMillan Prestige ).
They say PHs in Africa loath Weatherbys and they fail miserably when stressed and mildly tossed around, they are only good for the range?
ONLY CRF is suitable for a DGR, not the cheap inferior PF of a Weatherby or Remington ???
.....They say PHs in Africa loath Weatherbys? And who might they be?

And under "what type of stress" exactly do Weatherby rifles fail miserably? And exactly under what type of "mildly tossing around" do they fail?

A Weatherby fail miserably while under stress and after being mildly tossed around?....Yeah! Sure!

Yeah! Maybe if operated by a complete and total incompetent moron.

Haven`t been to Africa,,,yet. But I wouldn`t hesitate using my Accumark under any condition or on any animal where the 338 caliber is legal.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
The only world is around you be safe.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Just read that highroad.org site. I do read where some have preferences for the CRFs, while others use, don`t mind using, and have not had any issues with their Bee push feeds.

Unless I missed something, there were no descriptions offered on that thread as to what type of stresses or under what types of being tossed around the Weatherbys fail.

If an African PH ever tells me someday that he won`t accept anyone using an Accumark, then I use another PH.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I've heard plenty of African PH's say they don't have any time for Weatherby's. It's generally always the cartridges though and not the guns. And that's generally because a lot of guys run the wrong bullets. You need a pretty stout 180 to hold together for a 50 yard shoulder shot with a .300 Bee. A 200 is a much better choice.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by JimUllrich
Whatever you do, do not put a Leupold on an Ithaca Deerslayer. Parts of NY are shotgun and my Deerslayer might as well be a "scope slayer". Two Leupolds, a Simmons and a Zeiss Conquest all went back to the factory for rehab after shooting 385 gr. slugs at 1900 fps. Nikon Slug Hunter seems to be holding up.
Wow, that's bad. I use cheap Bushnells and have never had a failure in my slug guns. I did have a cheap Simmons get the reticle rearranged by heavy turkey loads. Maybe I'm just lucky.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've heard plenty of African PH's say they don't have any time for Weatherby's. It's generally always the cartridges though and not the guns. And that's generally because a lot of guys run the wrong bullets. You need a pretty stout 180 to hold together for a 50 yard shoulder shot with a .300 Bee. A 200 is a much better choice.
...........Oh good! I was really worried there! Not the fault of the round, the Wby rifles, but instead the bullet selection.

Too light a bullet moving too fast upon impact because it is fired from a much shorter range can cause some "holding together" problems.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
...........Oh good! I was really worried there! Not the fault of the round, the Wby rifles, but instead the bullet selection.

Too light a bullet moving too fast upon impact because it is fired from a much shorter range can cause some "holding together" problems.

But would that not also apply to ANY magnum caliber? See what I mean about Weatherby bashing. If a person takes a RUM to Africa in a PF Remington and uses the wrong bullet, would those same PH's condemn all Remington's and the RUM...nope, don't think so!
Ah well, as stated, I would pick another PH to pay my money to.

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S

But would that not also apply to ANY magnum caliber? See what I mean about Weatherby bashing. If a person takes a RUM to Africa in a PF Remington and uses the wrong bullet, would those same PH's condemn all Remington's and the RUM...nope, don't think so!
Ah well, as stated, I would pick another PH to pay my money to.

I wonder what guys on the Weatherby forums would say about this, probably have a good laugh. I always heard Weatherby had some of the strongest bolt actions known? If they can handle those high pressure bee cartridges, how much more so the lesser magnum & standards rnds?
Maybe the reputation with African PHs came from the clowns that would show up with their elephant guns biggest baddest .460 Weatherbys who could not hit the broad side of a barn?
But does the bad attitude for large caliber Wbys. translate to the guy who shows up with "classic" DG calibers like .600 & .700 nitro express and likewise cannot hit the barn???
Never hear much about that, and I am sure guys show up with bolts and the well heeled hunter with a double in a traditional African big bore?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I wonder what guys on the Weatherby forums would say about this, probably have a good laugh....

Maybe that's where you should be hanging out. Go to a Winchester forum and they'll BM everything else. Mauser forum....? Same thing. If you want to use Barnes bullets, you probably won't get alot of pats on the back on a Nosler forum either.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by RDFinn

I wonder what guys on the Weatherby forums would say about this, probably have a good laugh....

Maybe that's where you should be hanging out. Go to a Winchester forum and they'll BM everything else. Mauser forum....? Same thing. If you want to use Barnes bullets, you probably won't get alot of pats on the back on a Nosler forum either.

Don't be so jaundiced..... grin

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
264 members (1lessdog, 257 mag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 2UP, 10Glocks, 21 invisible), 1,779 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,943
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.