Leica Sport Optics.
CLICK HERE TO SEE MCMILLANS BELOW RETAIL!

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#6464469 - 05/02/12 05:38 AM Re: Rifle bashing [Re: kenjs1]
ingwe Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: Southwestern Montucky
Originally Posted By: kenjs1
you mean slap on a Conquest......

Bastid! grin
" We have lived in the best time and seen the wonders of wildlife...and belong to a brotherhood the members of which have memories that cannot be matched... we have lived on into a new world which I do not pretend to understand..."
Sir A. Pease

HR 468
CLICK BANNER for HUGE SAVINGS on MINOX OPTICS at CAMERA LAND!
#6464477 - 05/02/12 05:41 AM Re: Rifle bashing [Re: ingwe]
Redneck Online   content
Campfire Oracle

Loc: TAXHELLWI. USA
Originally Posted By: ingwe
My favorite is the optics forum...lots of good optics out there...but if yours arent GREAT, you just dont merit the bandwidth....
You think that's bad, just wander over to the 'photography' forum.. If you don't use Canon - you're dog barf...

NSA & Zero - Hey! GFY..
NRA Endowment member.
Ex - USN(TM3-SS) USS Razorback SS-394 '68-'69

#6464486 - 05/02/12 05:44 AM Re: Rifle bashing [Re: ingwe]
BobinNH Online   content
Campfire Oracle

...those who slap a Leupy on an '06 and use them till the finish is worn off- with nary a problem I might add- are woefully absent from the conversations...

Not absent.....but their opinions and experiences get lost in the din...They can't POSSIBLY know anything... grin

#6464504 - 05/02/12 05:48 AM Re: Rifle bashing [Re: BobinNH]
ingwe Offline
Campfire Oracle

Loc: Southwestern Montucky
Originally Posted By: BobinNH
...those who slap a Leupy on an '06 and use them till the finish is worn off- with nary a problem I might add- are woefully absent from the conversations...

Not absent.....but their opinions and experiences get lost in the din...They can't POSSIBLY know anything... grin

True dat Bob...and this is not to mention the rare devastatingly handsome individual with more practical experience on game than Karamojo Bell...who happily sallies forth with a 1.5-5 Leupy mounted on a push feed 7x57 and fills arks with wreckless abandon...... whistle
" We have lived in the best time and seen the wonders of wildlife...and belong to a brotherhood the members of which have memories that cannot be matched... we have lived on into a new world which I do not pretend to understand..."
Sir A. Pease

#6464536 - 05/02/12 05:59 AM Re: Rifle bashing [Re: ingwe]
BobinNH Online   content
Campfire Oracle

Originally Posted By: BobinNH

True dat Bob...and this is not to mention the rare devastatingly handsome individual with more practical experience on game than Karamojo Bell...who happily sallies forth with a 1.5-5 Leupy mounted on a push feed 7x57 and fills arks with wreckless abandon...... whistle

I wuz thinkin' that....the thought crossed my mind! grin

#6464567 - 05/02/12 06:07 AM Re: Rifle bashing [Re: ingwe]
Dess Online   content
Campfire Regular

Loc: Galt's Gulch Colorado
When my shooting is good enough to notice the difference in accuracy between gun makers I'll feel entitled to criticize.

That said, many people on the campfire, myself included, have personal preferences about seemingly insignificant qualities in firearms. What might be important to me, like having iron sights on a rifle, doesn't mean anything to anyone else.

In my opinion, the level of financial ability in hunting varies tremendously from person to person. Some people will only use the very best regardless of cost. Others will be just as satisfied using an older gun because the animal doesn't know the cost.

I've found a lot of good and bad information here on qualities I simply haven't considered.

2 Thessalonians 3:10

#6464580 - 05/02/12 06:11 AM Re: Rifle bashing [Re: ingwe]
pacecars Online   happy
Campfire Guide

Loc: Tallahassee, FL USA
My favorite is the optics forum...lots of good optics out there...but if yours arent GREAT, you just dont merit the bandwidth...the phunny part is that those who expound at length about miracle optics ordinarily do their shooting from a bench someplace...those who slap a Leupy on an '06 and use them till the finish is worn off- with nary a problem I might add- are woefully absent from the conversations...

Very true. I guess if you spend a couple of grand on a scope you may feel the need to justify it to yourself. I like Leupolds best but have no problems with people that don't

#6464617 - 05/02/12 06:25 AM Re: Rifle bashing [Re: Dess]
medicman Offline
Campfire Guide

Loc: Ontario Canada
I think it shows our self important concepts. If I have made a choice it must be the correct choice If someone points out the possibility of a better choice it must be a criticsm of me personally.

The first time I encountered this with firearms was at a PPC shoot. I had purchased a Taurus 2" barrel revolver to compete in the side match for snubbies. There was much derisive laughter and commentary on the poor quality of the gun. That is until I shot a 600/54X round with it. It was the first off market firearm I ever purchased but would not be the last.

Please realise that criticism will come no matter what your choices are. If you believe your choice was actually flawed do something about it. In all reality your choice is Aas valid as anyone elses.
Deeper than the sin has gone
Lester Roloff

#6464674 - 05/02/12 06:38 AM Re: Rifle bashing [Re: ingwe]
deflave Online   content
Campfire Oracle

Loc: Havre, Montana
Originally Posted By: deflave

Say what you will about the woman I'm with. But leave my rifles alone.

Travis

Do you know how hard I'm biting my virtual tongue on this one?? eek

I will say one thing in your defense...your rifles look to be the more tawdry of the two...especially that green and yellow 10/22 thing...

I don't know what tawdry means so I'll just play it safe and tell you to GFY.

Travis

#6464786 - 05/02/12 07:09 AM Re: Rifle bashing [Re: deflave]
rifle Offline
Campfire Tracker

Loc: now in SC
Yea,but I still won't have a Remington 700. I mean really,why would I go to the trouble to get it out of the safe,bag it, collect some ammo,drive to range to shoot and have the bolt handle fall off....WTF? and just sit there with nothing to shoot?
I 'll stick to my Rugers,Winchesters,Brno's and Mausers...

now,we can begin..."Fight Club"!

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  RickBin, SYSOP 
Support Our Sponsors 1
Who's Online
661 registered (12344mag, 18Echo, 01Foreman400, 1234, 76 invisible), 1136 Guests and 397 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Support Our Sponsors 2
Forum Stats
49451 Members
71 Forums
611338 Topics
8739616 Posts

Max Online: 4366 @ 10/05/10 04:36 PM

Copyright © 2000-2013 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.