-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The yellow lab I had in for training last year shed like a Maux Faux! Couldn't believe it! but a nicer dog I never worked with...

Next up is a GSD...talk about shedding...I'm going shopping for a leaf blower.... grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've owned three yellows & three blacks. The yellows seem to shed more but might be it shows up better. Springtime's the worst.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Trap's maiden voyage. He loved it.
[Linked Image]
Lounging at the lake.
Yep, i Love my dog.
[Linked Image]

Last edited by splattermatic; 06/10/12.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had Jake for 15 years, he was a yellow, he shed plenty (not quite leaf blower material though, I love that Ingwe). We averaged 200 wild birds a year together for most of that time.

He was a heck of a hound and I miss him!

Looks like you've a good bud there Splat!

Dober

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by splattermatic
Trap's maiden voyage. He loved it.
[Linked Image] \
Yep, i Love my dog.
[Linked Image]

And well you should. He is a definite winner, IMO! cool cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Tossed this fish back, and it waited to recover too long. Trap was havin it.
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Took TRAP to the po today to get an mo for goose dekes, shopping at walmart, and to the bank. Here he is in the lobby of the bank.
He is so well behaved, and doesn't leave my side, none said anything about a dog in these places.
At walmart, an employee said he was better mannered, than most kids that come in there. I asked if there was a problem with him being there with me, and the now present manager, said "none" .
[Linked Image]
I got me an awesome buddy.

Last edited by splattermatic; 06/16/12.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That is a very well socialized dog Splatt....hard to come by...you should be proud of him.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
He gets a bit skittish around people. That's why i take him everywhere. Im hoping. exposure to "life", will get him used to sights and sounds he has not been exposed to before. He led a sheltered life at the breeding/training facility.
The past 3 nights, we've not put him up in his crate. We put a gate up so he stays here in the livingroom. Not a thing wrong. No potty, no chewing, and is so happy to see me when i get up.
He is starting to try to be a lap dog, like our little ones now.... No,no.. He's getting too big for that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They're never to big for the human lap, just ask them. laugh grin

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Just an update.
Trap does quad retrieves on land and water with ease now. Maybe more, but stop at 4 for now. His hand signals are going great for blind retrieves, and is an absolute joy of a dog. He is totally bonded to me. Heck, i can't even go to the bathroom with out him accompaning me. He thinks there's a secret exit or something.
Had a long day at work, and we took a nap together.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by splattermatic; 07/11/12.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just an update.
Trap does quad retrieves on land and water with ease now. Maybe more, but stop at 4 for now. His hand signals are going great for blind retrieves, and is an absolute joy of a dog. He is totally bonded to me. Heck, i can't even go to the bathroom with out him accompaning me. He thinks there's a secret exit or something.
Had a long day at work, and we took a nap together.

[Linked Image]

Love that pic!

Good job on the training!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We got him !
Gave the poor guy some food and water, and he already threw up in the back seat of my pick up ! Oh boy ....
Now to the hotel for a nights sleep, some shopping tomm. and a 3 hour drive home.
Nice dog, very handsome.

laugh My black lab did the same thing, 10 years ago. His first ride home, and about 1 mile from home, he threw up.
However... labs are great dogs !!!

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Trap went rat shooting yesterday. He did great. My only problem was he would lay down next to me when i went prone to shoot. I had to get up and make him stay a bit behind me.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Trap got his first ribbon today in novice obedience. We scored an 87. I got dinged alot for my first time out for handling errors. We didn't place, but still tickled.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Its always the handlers fault..... grin

Good on you, looks like you are having fun with your new Bud...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Took trap down where we hunt this morning for some training and to get used to the place.
He did great!
Set down near a log, blew on a duck call, fired a shotgun, and threw a dokken with a duck wing taped to it. That didn't last long as the duct taped came loose.

He is such an awesome dog!

[Linked Image]
Had to take a pic of him muddy.
[Linked Image]
Had to take a pic of Mr. mellow on the way home.
I love my dog!
[Linked Image]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In stead of "mush" You can just say "Pull"

You will never love another more.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Yeah, i love him dearly. Best dog I've ever owned.

Last edited by splattermatic; 07/30/12.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Trap making a big splash yesterday while training.
I have moved from the wide open, grass park, to where we hunt with soft bottoms, mud, and lots of thick reeds and cattails.
He is doing blinds great. Just need to start getting more distance. He is also doing great at heading off a dummy in the flowing river current.

[Linked Image]

Page 3 of 30 1 2 3 4 5 29 30

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (12344mag, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,543
Posts18,453,276
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.