Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Has anyone heard any more of this sad mystery?

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I guess that I would have to ask if you typed "where" when you meant "who" - I don't get out much.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
...no...clearly meant to type "Where"...missing person case that I recall...sad circumstances and was wondering if anyone has heard any more of this boy.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Anyone have any updates?

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Old man [bleep]'s boy?

IC B2

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Wonder if he didn't walk off from his vehicle & commit suicide.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Sounds like he might have been spotted in Cheyenne.

http://www.pitch.com/gyrobase/brady...ming/Content?oid=2201354&storyPage=5

He is in this area," says Linda Curl, who serves lunch at a Salvation Army Community Center in Cheyenne. Curl called Thompson last February, after she'd seen a flier about [bleep]'s disappearance. She told him that [bleep] was eating and taking free bread there.

Thompson says he is coming around to the idea that [bleep] has put down roots in the area, noting that this is the third time people at the Salvation Army have claimed to have contact with him. He asked Cheyenne police to drop by the Salvation Army and a shelter a couple of days later, but [bleep] wasn't there.

"When I got that [receipt], quite honestly, is when I finally started to finally accept that maybe they are seeing him there," he says.

But [bleep] has no known ties to Cheyenne, didn't drive directly there, and had refrained from identifying himself until this receipt surfaced. Why would someone in hiding put a close variation of his own name to paper? And if he still didn't want to be found, why would he stay in one place for almost a year?

"I was a little surprised, assuming that it is him, that he's stayed put out there," Thompson says. "I really kind of figured that when he took off, he went further away than that. Maybe he didn't."

Lacking evidence that [bleep] is living in the wilderness, and with good leads in Cheyenne, [bleep]'s flight now seems less about leaving behind the modern world than the simple fear of a jail sentence. But if [bleep] is, in fact, dining at the Salvation Army, bargain shopping at the supermarket and ordering up Big Macs like any other Cheyenne resident, his disappearance is no less mysterious. Why didn't he ask for help after his arrest? Why Wyoming? Why did he leave the Explorer?

Last edited by NeBassman; 05/08/12.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
He is/was a big kid...I don't think anything happened to him that he didn't want to happen. I would like to think he is out there living off the grid somewhere, but there is a part of me that thinks he may have ended his life.

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
F
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
F
Anyone in the Olathe, KS area and if so, does this still get attention?

Kindness invites abuse
du ma nhieu
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
202 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 17 invisible), 1,539 guests, and 865 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.